Season Tickets

Bigbill

8 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

No, numbers have been comparable for years. They had numbers pretty much the same as ours last year. So you’re wrong. If we’re reliant on finishing third to have decent numbers we can safely give up. We were going to be at 3000 at the last pay day, according to some. The deadline has now been moved another week. 

1C3F50A0-D1C0-46DA-895F-DB14FE468BB3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, superfan said:

I do not think Motherwell f c announced 3500. I think it was a fan ITK 

"Monday 06 July 2020

We want to set a new record by reaching a target of 4,500 season ticket sales for the 2020/21 campaign.

Having broken our previous best in 2018/19, we surpassed it again in 2019/20 as 4,488 of you committed to the club.

Now, against the odds in these difficult times, we want your help to try and beat it again.

Over 3,500 of you have now signed up for the 2020/21 season."

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

"Monday 06 July 2020

We want to set a new record by reaching a target of 4,500 season ticket sales for the 2020/21 campaign.

Having broken our previous best in 2018/19, we surpassed it again in 2019/20 as 4,488 of you committed to the club.

Now, against the odds in these difficult times, we want your help to try and beat it again.

Over 3,500 of you have now signed up for the 2020/21 season."

I stand corrected. Nothing beats the facts. 

We have now gone full circle. MJ used to be reticent about giving out numbers of season-tickets sold and we moaned. Now we get told the number of seasons sold and we get arguements over whether we should sell more. This season is like no other, there are doubts over when fans can return, whether we can all return, and if the virus will return in the winter. Last season did as much damage to our club's reputation as the previous one did to enhance our reputation. We can hope for more sales but there are good reasons why people can't afford to buy season-tickets in the current climate and we just have to accept that. 

I’d like to think that Killie could muster up 3000 season tickets. We’re over 2500 now but would be great to get some more.

We’ve managed to strengthen the team well but that extra 500 tickets sold will give us an extra 150k which is another player or 2.
If you can’t afford the full ticket then get the international killietv subscription and the club still get the money. 

21 hours ago, KIlliedaft1957 said:

So sad to hear the comments about us older supporters.

I can say that I have seen us win all three (five if your include the Ayrshire Cup and the Tennant Caledonian Trophy) major Trophies and Championships -  have seen us beat Eintract Frankfurt , draw and take the lead in the Bernabeau - then the lows when we were bottom club in all senior divisions (after two matches). But I still come back - a home match for me for the last sixty years is 135 miles round trip. How true a supporter are you?

Have a bit more respect. We are all Killie supporters.

Remember - if you live long enough you too will get old!

More respect

You're not older.

You're more experienced for which there is no substitute. 

People like yourselves were the lifeblood of Killie during some very dark days and for that you deserve the utmost respect.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:55 PM, Wrangodog said:

Once had the whole class queueing outside the classroom to get the belt because the teacher had lost the plot, boys and girls. Wouldn't do that with Willie Mcilvanney though, he could do some serious damage with the belt, my wrists were black and blue a few times. 

Belt never did me any harm. You needed to make sure you did not pull yer hands away or you got six more. I remember a class were the teacher had not arrived  (Mr Watt) well we were making a right racket and in he walks , Stands at the door and watches us, Those who spotted him sat down and shut up, But most of us did not notice him. He called out every one in the class, The lassies all got one soft strike , The boys at the front 3 strikes and us at the back of the que thinking he would be tired when he got to us got six strikes each. He commented to the last few " Ach Lads av been saving myself fur you's"    Plenty of kids could do with it today though......

10 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Belt never did me any harm.... Plenty of kids could do with it today though......

Away you go! 

It was barbaric and some teachers were sadistic bullies.

Did you ever get belted by a female teacher? I don’t think I did.

Funny, that....

Edited by skygod

8 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Belt never did me any harm. You needed to make sure you did not pull yer hands away or you got six more. I remember a class were the teacher had not arrived  (Mr Watt) well we were making a right racket and in he walks , Stands at the door and watches us, Those who spotted him sat down and shut up, But most of us did not notice him. He called out every one in the class, The lassies all got one soft strike , The boys at the front 3 strikes and us at the back of the que thinking he would be tired when he got to us got six strikes each. He commented to the last few " Ach Lads av been saving myself fur you's"    Plenty of kids could do with it today though......

Can't say it did me any good, the marks on your hands/wrists were a badge of honour. Mostly used by poor teachers to restore order when they couldn't impart knowledge successfully. Some of the bastards enjoyed belting girls until they cried, used to make me bloody angry. 

43 minutes ago, skygod said:

Away you go! 

Funny, that....

I was belted by a female teacher, on my birthday! Mostly it was blokes dishing out the punishment though. We had one notorious History teacher at Grange Academy. Remember he didn’t like the demeanour of one lad who was only dropping off a note and he  received a right thrashing. Kids today don’t know how lucky they are.

4 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

I was belted by a female teacher, on my birthday! Mostly it was blokes dishing out the punishment though. We had one notorious History teacher at Grange Academy. Remember he didn’t like the demeanour of one lad who was only dropping off a note and he  received a right thrashing. Kids today don’t know how lucky they are.

Getting spanked by a female teacher, mmmm

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Away you go! 

Funny, that....

Got the belt twice ... both times from female teachers.   One of them used to put kids over her knee as well and I'm sure she rapped my knuckles with a wooden ruler once as well.