Season Tickets

Bigbill

Maybe Motherwell and hibs fans are simply more excited about seeing their team this season than killie fans (in general). Motherwell have turnbull and hastie back. Players that excite. Hibs have Allan and Boyle to name but two. Motherwell have the novelty of Europe. I worry a little about some of the rhetoric on here. Like it’s our duty to buy a season ticket. Regardless of factors around the club. In any other industry you make the offering more attractive and market it well and you expect to sell more. If you don’t, you lose customers. It is the duty of the board And management to put an exciting proposition to its fan base. Now more than ever when monies are generally tight. Some of us would go to watch a forward line of Milton Thomson, John mcceachren and Eddie McNab if that was all that was in the stripes. Others won’t. It’s a choice and so it should be. As soon as we expect fans to turn up and blame them if they don’t we are on a slippy slope. Guys like Mulumbu, Jones or Stewart were worth the entry fee. Burke has been tremendous but who in the current squad do you really believe can be the difference against the top teams? One player CAN make a team imo. When supported by solid team mates. But if there is a belief that such a player would need to fit into a standard wage structure we may have to wait a while to get the peripheral fans excited enough to come to the odd game, never mind but a season.

11 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Maybe Motherwell and hibs fans are simply more excited about seeing their team this season than killie fans (in general). Motherwell have turnbull and hastie back. Players that excite. Hibs have Allan and Boyle to name but two. Motherwell have the novelty of Europe. I worry a little about some of the rhetoric on here. Like it’s our duty to buy a season ticket. Regardless of factors around the club. In any other industry you make the offering more attractive and market it well and you expect to sell more. If you don’t, you lose customers. It is the duty of the board And management to put an exciting proposition to its fan base. Now more than ever when monies are generally tight. Some of us would go to watch a forward line of Milton Thomson, John mcceachren and Eddie McNab if that was all that was in the stripes. Others won’t. It’s a choice and so it should be. As soon as we expect fans to turn up and blame them if they don’t we are on a slippy slope. Guys like Mulumbu, Jones or Stewart were worth the entry fee. Burke has been tremendous but who in the current squad do you really believe can be the difference against the top teams? One player CAN make a team imo. When supported by solid team mates. But if there is a belief that such a player would need to fit into a standard wage structure we may have to wait a while to get the peripheral fans excited enough to come to the odd game, never mind but a season.

I'm old enough to remember the George Best days at Hibs and how it boosted crowds wherever and whenever he played. 

So yes ambition by the club fuels the ambition and excitement of fans, but also clubs have tight budgets to work to some more revenue gained by season tickets means more money to spend on players.

It's a vicious circle ,but what cant be denied is the failure by the board to capitalise on 150th anniversary last year and the feel good factor of finishing 3rd.

That has probably scunnered a few people.

Think we are getting a bit obsessed  with s/t sales in comparison to previous seasons many factors to take into consideration at present historically we have never been a club who unfortunately sells  a high amount look at the title winning season for our crowds for instance. If people for whatever reason can afford it that's fine but there  are  many other interests for people to do today and football on a saturday may not be one of them!

To be honest people who buy a season ticket this year are doing it out of blind faith and support for the club. I have bought one but if as you saw on the hibs thread that people are signing up to International Killie TV for £12.99 and get both home and away games then that is a far better deal. May have just been for the hibs game but they will now have full access. 

The sweeter for buying a season ticket is the 10% off of the Killie shop and guaranteed 19 home games when we can get back in. 

To be honest if comes down to how much you actually care, if you have other commitments like work and if you can afford it. The core of the season ticket holders are passionate about the club and support it in any way they can, others come and go, follow the team from afar, check on the results and go to the odd game. As with most clubs we have a great deal of the take it or leave it fans who will go to the odd game, a relegation playoff, cup final game but won't commit to a season ticket. How many people do you know through work or wherever that will talk about the killie result at the weekend and moan but seldom actually bother to go to a game. Again ones who could afford it and would rather paint their fence on a Saturday. 

Our core support is the 2700 or so fans who have bought tickets. The challenge is expanding that which is very difficult to do. A high number of our fans are in the 60+ range so again attracting the next generation is difficult. Obviously the free child place was a great way to do this but sadly due to the TV issue this can't be done this year. 

Sadly you can't compete against the old firm with all the media propaganda coupled with existing generations of their fans already living in towns like killie. 

16 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We saw it when Durrant and McCoist signed on. We've a solid squad, but little creativity and no celebrity players. There's little to get bums off seats or couches or sell season tickets. Now more than ever, season tickets are being sold on the KTID, let's keep the club afloat strategy. Why else would you shell out 370 for a product that you don't know when you are going to receive it? 

3 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

To be honest people who buy a season ticket this year are doing it out of blind faith and support for the club. I have bought one but if as you saw on the hibs thread that people are signing up to International Killie TV for £12.99 and get both home and away games then that is a far better deal. May have just been for the hibs game but they will now have full access. 

The sweeter for buying a season ticket is the 10% off of the Killie shop and guaranteed 19 home games when we can get back in. 

To be honest if comes down to how much you actually care, if you have other commitments like work and if you can afford it. The core of the season ticket holders are passionate about the club and support it in any way they can, others come and go, follow the team from afar, check on the results and go to the odd game. As with most clubs we have a great deal of the take it or leave it fans who will go to the odd game, a relegation playoff, cup final game but won't commit to a season ticket. How many people do you know through work or wherever that will talk about the killie result at the weekend and moan but seldom actually bother to go to a game. Again ones who could afford it and would rather paint their fence on a Saturday. 

Our core support is the 2700 or so fans who have bought tickets. The challenge is expanding that which is very difficult to do. A high number of our fans are in the 60+ range so again attracting the next generation is difficult. Obviously the free child place was a great way to do this but sadly due to the TV issue this can't be done this year. 

Sadly you can't compete against the old firm with all the media propaganda coupled with existing generations of their fans already living in towns like killie. 

I don't get a season ticket because of work as I might only see 8-10 games a season ... but my son gets one so we still get the home games on KTV.  The club will likely make more money out of me than usual because when we are allowed back into grounds I'll still be a walk-up  and keep the subscription for away games (and homes I can't get to).

Be interesting to see how many folk buy the PPV games and how many Overseas Subscriptions are taken out.

On 8/2/2020 at 8:17 PM, skygod said:

Away you go! 

It was barbaric and some teachers were sadistic bullies.

Did you ever get belted by a female teacher? I don’t think I did.

Funny, that....

There was a particularly sadistic female English teacher at Kilmarnock Academy in the 60’s and 70’s , small in stature , bowl cut hairstyle , moustache with heavy eyeshadow who delighted in belting  mainly boys , very rarely girls iirc . I think she used to take referrals from other teachers for the belt .She always insisted on being addressed as Mizz , with emphasis on the Z. For the life of me I’ve forgot her name . 

8 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Be interesting to see how many folk buy the PPV games and how many Overseas Subscriptions are taken out.

I think you'll see a decent update PPV, particularly with away fans.

I know I'll buy our game at Dingwall next week, although might just get a stream for Ibrox as there will be plenty about. Plus I hate giving those c**ts money.

44 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

We saw it when Durrant and McCoist signed on. We've a solid squad, but little creativity and no celebrity players. There's little to get bums off seats or couches or sell season tickets. Now more than ever, season tickets are being sold on the KTID, let's keep the club afloat strategy. Why else would you shell out 370 for a product that you don't know when you are going to receive it? 

Yes, that’s the one in particular. Not many cheeky chap, housewives favourite ( at the time), tv star, ever bodys mate available mind. I would love to see the finances associated with the year both he and durrant appeared. Compare the extra salaries paid ( which must have been huge for us) against the extra income compared to previous year on (I) gate receipts (ii) merchandise sales (iii) tv money (iv) prize monies. I’d speculate it was net positive. Investment can work for the right player but naturally is not without risk.

16 minutes ago, King said:

I see the League Cup groups are drawn on Monday. 

I assume these games will be PPV for season ticket holders as they are not usually included. 

Hope we avoid Ayr for once. Would hate to miss out being there. 

I don't know about that, thought the Championship and lower league restart was in the hope that fans would be allowed back by October.  Let's face it, most Championship and lower league clubs won't survive if they don't get fans into their grounds. 

On 8/5/2020 at 5:21 PM, Wrangodog said:

I don't know about that, thought the Championship and lower league restart was in the hope that fans would be allowed back by October.  Let's face it, most Championship and lower league clubs won't survive if they don't get fans into their grounds. 

The lower league clubs rely heavily on hospitality topped up by gate receipts. No crowds allowed = no hospitality = no point in starting up again thus the scheduled return of fans in October. Peterhead manager Jim McInally has spoken at length about this and I’m sure he is echoing  the thoughts of most clubs at that level and maybe even up to the Championship. 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:50 PM, Bonbon19 said:

There was a particularly sadistic female English teacher at Kilmarnock Academy in the 60’s and 70’s , small in stature , bowl cut hairstyle , moustache with heavy eyeshadow who delighted in belting  mainly boys , very rarely girls iirc . I think she used to take referrals from other teachers for the belt .She always insisted on being addressed as Mizz , with emphasis on the Z. For the life of me I’ve forgot her name . 

Baldy Bertha maybe?