Season Tickets

Bigbill

2 hours ago, Garvis said:

Sorry that's garbage my son goes to a catholic school my nephews went to a catholic school and we all cheer on the Killie, The bigotry is how you are raised by your parents absolutely nothing to do with what school you go to. 

In fact what you have posted could be seen as bigoted.

I applaud your scenario mate, and I know of many friends who are exactly the same, but I suspect that, sadly, the majority will follow the crowd.

I’m the least bigoted person you could imagine by the way......detest everything about the whole thing. Scotland’s shame indeed.....

1 hour ago, kilMARKnock said:

Well good for you, unnecessary division for education through reason of religion  shouldn't be tolerated in any way in today's society. Trying to explain to a 4 1/2 Yr old why he wasn't going to the same school as his two best friends from nursery was a ridiculous and horrible scenario. Sooner its gone the better and we may finally break the s**te we have to deal with that's hung on by far too many aresholes in this country. 

Nothing personal Garvis, it just does my f**king head in and I think we hide from solving this blight. 

Spot on.

15 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Well good for you, unnecessary division for education through reason of religion  shouldn't be tolerated in any way in today's society. Trying to explain to a 4 1/2 Yr old why he wasn't going to the same school as his two best friends from nursery was a ridiculous and horrible scenario. Sooner its gone the better and we may finally break the s**te we have to deal with that's hung on by far too many aresholes in this country. 

Nothing personal Garvis, it just does my f**king head in and I think we hide from solving this blight. 

Totally agree. Terrible strategy splitting up young children. No place in a modern, progressive society. 

20 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

Slightly off the topic of season tickets sold but in relation to the size of our crowds in general, I found a copy whilst clearing out my mothers’ loft of the Kilmarnock Annual (no, I’d never heard of it either) that came out in early December 1965.

Amongst many interesting articles about the town and Ayrshire in general, including one on Irvine Fishmonger Bert Benzie - the Referee with the sense of humour- was an excellent piece by Alistair Macmillan on Killie’s Year of Triumph.

It contained the following, remember this was us on the back of a title win and having been runners up in 4 of the 5 previous seasons, regular League Cup and Scottish Cup semi and Final appearances and pushing Real Madrid close at Rugby Park.....

” Those Poor Gates - the team which strived so hard to bring honour to the town are faced week by week with the degrading experience of performing before a mere six or seven thousand spectators. Why is there such a lack of interest in football in a town the size of Kilmarnock? Why do people not turn out in force to support the team week by week? Why is it they turn up with their blue and white scarves only when Rangers, Celtic and teams like Real Madrid come to town?

It’s  all very well saying that there are too many alternatives to Saturday afternoon football nowadays. This is indeed so. Television, racing, an afternoon jaunt in the family car and many other attractions are open to the football fan nowadays, more than ever before. But the gnawing question is : why are the alternatives preferred?

Can it be with the team itself? A lot of questions and each very difficult to answer. Teams like St Johnstone in Perth, Dundee and Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Dunfermline command a better support each week than the Scottish League Champions. 

It may be feasible to say Kilmarnock have signed fewer  football personalities in the past five or six years than any other club in Scotland. There is perhaps a lack of new faces . Maybe, although the team is doing well, the football they are serving up is not attractive enough for some people. Perhaps an Andy Kerr or a Bud Maxwell would solve the Kilmarnock problem”

Different times, yes, but if we could only attract 6-7,000 home crowds, old firm apart, during the glory days, why should we realistically expect to get more than on average we do in times of higher unemployment, many more attractions than an afternoon jaunt in the family car and probably the cost to get in proportionately more than back in the 1960’s?

That’s a great article and proves we have a historical problem. As usual, every other factor that has been bright up again is the same for the two other clubs in question. It’s embarrassing people still can’t see this. We want the team to compete on the park, but we’re not competing off the park.

57 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

.....performing before a mere six or seven thousand spectators.

There was a few that season but there was also some good crowds outside of OF matches:

Hearts 18,000+
St Mirren (New Year) 12,000
Hibs, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Morton, East Fife (Cup)  around 10,000
Partick 8,000+

They always used to say that Ayrshire was a hotbed of football but the juniors must account for a lot of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Cathy in her a Killie Trust report confirming that the limited number of fans allowed into games initially will mean not all season ticket holders will be getting in and and the decision on who are the lucky ones to be decided by ballot.

Happy with that or should we be prepared for a tickets away to The Nomads type forum meltdown? 

11 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Cathy in her a Killie Trust report confirming that the limited number of fans allowed into games initially will mean not all season ticket holders will be getting in and and the decision on who are the lucky ones to be decided by ballot.

Happy with that or should we be prepared for a tickets away to The Nomads type forum meltdown? 

I think there will be a few who won’t be that bothered at the moment, me included.

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Disappointing 

Folk losing their jobs right left and still only 10% down on last season with over 500 paying to watch on stream in our last home game.

I'd say that's not bad going in the current situation.

Not great but can 100% get why some fans can't commit to a season ticket in these times.

Ayrshire is absolutely riddled with unemployment at the best of times.

52 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

This means that they leave themselves open to accusations of favouring certain people.

A rota should be the way this is decided, alphabetically to start with is a properly fair way.......they have everyone's surname so how hard can that be......

48 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

I think there will be a few who won’t be that bothered at the moment, me included.

I completely understand that view. I’m not a season ticket holder for work and location reasons but desperate to get into a game again as a walk up. 

Happy to reimburse a ballot winning season ticket holder who doesn’t want to attend the first few games.

1 hour ago, Galdunc11 said:

The advice and plans for the return of fans is changing every week , as with a lot of things in the current circumstances ..club is right to at least plan ahead and good they have kept fans informed via the Trust update and an open ballot is sensible .....

however the situation in regard to % allowed per ground may well be altered when/if permission is granted....there will be be for example pressure from some bigger clubs to have something similar to what is reported to be allowed down south by October 

As for ST sales was hoping we could have at least reached the 3000 mark

Did see that on top of ST holders free access , was over 500 who Paid for a stream Of the St J game .....think might see lot more for this weekends given D Utd bigger support than St J 

1 hour ago, Galdunc11 said:

Yes, happy with that although fans who want to opt out should be able do so before the ballot. 

On 8/13/2020 at 5:52 PM, Loudoun Killie said:

The general problem is the bigotry spouted by the ‘old’ firm. This keeps the ‘interest’ in them from outside their natural catchment area........without that they’d have similar crowds to Hibs, Hearts etc.

We all suffer from this......sadly. That’s why I’d ban religion from schools as that just fans the flames....no doubt.

I've got a better idea. Ban religion. Not sure it'd  help our crowds though.