Existential Threat: Time For Fans To Step Up

The Club were in a good finiancial position a year ago. But from what i read today we have wasted to much on loan signings and paying off the previous manager.

The Squad is depleated and aging and this was known by the fans a year ago.

We aloud valuable  players to leave on free transfers.

We missed out on making money from the 150 year anniversary with a lack of imagination.

We missed out on making money from a European run due to lack of player investment.

Move on 12 months later and the World is a different place.

I have not worked for 3 months and looks like another month for me before works gets back. I am earning 80% of my previous pay.

Food banks usage in Soctland are at record highs.

Unemployment is up.

Low paid jobs IE-living wage is now a very high percentage of workers.

Full time work is hard to find.

The Covid-19 pandemic could cause the UK economy to plunge into its deepest depression in more than 300 years, the Bank of England has warned.

I can afford a season ticket with my savings , But to suggest buying two or three and grasping the opporutunity to get a jump on other Clubs is laughable.

I have seen the club in a lot poorer situation. I followed them when we had part time players and dreamed of being in the top League.

You're spot on BigDaw. And I'm not suggesting it as an option for everyone.

I wrote "if you possibly can" then "if you can afford to do so".

I might be able to stretch to two tcikets but it's gonna cause an almighty row in my house but I'll do what I can to stop Killie slipping into the Championship.

If you manage to buy a season ticket in the present circumstances, nobody could ask any more of you. You'll have done your bit.

I agree we have been in much worse league positions but the current situation is possibly club-threatening.

3 hours ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

This damage will not be restricted to the coming season. It will have an effect for some seasons to come and may even lead to a sustained downward spiral for some clubs.

It would suit the OF's designs to flit out of Scottish football for all the other clubs to suffer financially.

Edited by skygod

1 minute ago, skygod said:

It would suit the OF's designs to flit out of Scottish football for all the other clubs and other to suffer financially.

Absolutely no doubt.

"Aw look, these damaged clubs are offering us even less of a challenge. In the interests of sporting integrity, it's time for us to sneak off to England. Just like we've dreamed of doing for 30 years."

Just now, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Absolutely no doubt.

"Aw look, these damaged clubs are offering us even less of a challenge. In the interests of sporting integrity, it's time for us to sneak off to England. Just like we've dreamed of doing for 30 years."

The FA want nothing to do with them so it really doesn't matter what they want.

11 minutes ago, Garvis said:

The FA want nothing to do with them so it really doesn't matter what they want.

One thing I've learned  in life is that nothing is set in stone.

Some will see this situation as an opportunity to change the set-up for their own gain.

There is talk of a league of ten Dutch and eight Belgian clubs. UEFA might be persuaded to relax the rules on cross-border leagues.

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

One thing I've learned  in life is that nothing is set in stone.

Some will see this situation as an opportunity to change the set-up for their own gain.

There is talk of a league of ten Dutch and eight Belgian clubs. UEFA might be persuaded to relax the rules on cross-border leagues.

As you say nothing is set in stone in this life and the rules could change. The thing that is less likely to change is that  the FA don't see what adding the Twisted Two to their ranks does for them. They already have a huge Sky Sports audience so what works for the SFA carries no weight with the FA. Also the FA would not admit them at the level they want in.  Probably the FA would insist the qualify for League 2 and work up through the leagues like the rest. After the 2012 bankruptcy incident Iook how long it has taken to Sevco to get back to the competitive position they lost. I'm not sure that experience in Engerland would appeal.

7 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

As you say nothing is set in stone in this life and the rules could change. The thing that is less likely to change is that  the FA don't see what adding the Twisted Two to their ranks does for them. They already have a huge Sky Sports audience so what works for the SFA carries no weight with the FA. Also the FA would not admit them at the level they want in.  Probably the FA would insist the qualify for League 2 and work up through the leagues like the rest. After the 2012 bankruptcy incident Iook how long it has taken to Sevco to get back to the competitive position they lost. I'm not sure that experience in Engerland would appeal.

If as is predicted a fair few English teams go to the wall , and the teams from outside the top 4 divisions are struggling to step up , I can foresee the Old Firm being invited or asking to fill the void . The chairpeople of divisions 1 and 2 might welcome 10-15K mouth breathers polluting there towns and cities 

Edited by Bonbon19

4 hours ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Absolutely no doubt.

Don’t let the door hit yer erse on the way oot!! Guid riddance if that happened......

8 minutes ago, DAN-MCNASTY said:

I would love it if Celtic and ranger's left the Scottish League for England

We would all love that to happen but unfortunately it then takes the popularity out the league and we'll turn into the malta league with little recognition. Plus the old firm benefit many clubs with ticket income and benefit the league board.

Its an understandable issue you've got with it. But it will completely ruin the scottish game.

I'll be doing another free online fanzine that should be out in about three weeks and will do an article on this issue. We'll simply ask fans who can afford it to buy a second ticket, we aren't making judgements as I know all too well that many families have been financially hammered by Covid.

11 hours ago, killiehippo said:

I'll be doing another free online fanzine that should be out in about three weeks and will do an article on this issue. We'll simply ask fans who can afford it to buy a second ticket, we aren't making judgements as I know all too well that many families have been financially hammered by Covid.

Brilliant, mate. Good luck.