Engerlund Engurland Engurland

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Scotland as an independent country could send these cretins into an early grave. 

Sadly I dont think even a 60 - 70% popular vote for independence will make these people disappear. Ten years into an independent Scotland they would still be marching up and down waving union flags demanding we reinstate the union. Look at the US. The slave owners got their arses well and truly kicked a hundred and fifty years ago but their statues are still there and the bigots still parade waving Confederate flags.

Edited by gdevoy

11 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Sadly I dont think even a 60 - 70% popular vote for independence will make these people disappear. Ten years into an independent Scotland they would still be marching up and down waving union flags demanding we reinstate the union. Look at the US. The slave owners got their arses well and truly kicked a hundred and fifty years ago but their statues are still there and the bigots still parade waving Confederate flags.

Sadly, I think you're right. We've never faced up to the disease of sectarianism and independence would probably make it worse. 

30 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Certainly not an argument against Independence though.

4 minutes ago, Killie71 said:

Certainly not an argument against Independence though.

Nope.

I just didn't want people feeling we could just "vote" this problem away. It may (or may not) make it easier to confront racial superiority issues with our own government. The current Westminster administration is rather conflicted over this. They know it "looks good" to support BLM but casting an unflattering historical spotlight on "heroes of the empire" is not where they want to go.

It may (or may not) be easier for a new independent Scottish government to distance itself from the British Empire.

The papers and radio/ TV still being super careful to present them as some tiny, minority interest political group. You only need to look at one photograph to see that it is just the usual SevCo support. You only need to look at one video clip to hear that it is "fenian" this "fenian" that. What would be wrong with someone having the balls to say that this mob are SevCo fans behavig the exact same way that they are allowed to do week in week out all over Scotland with virtual impunity?? 

The problem of sectarianism in the UK  was generally created by the british empire general Knox.  The empire noticed that the north and south of ireland were getting quite close, no issues between the largely protestant north and catholic south.  This gave them the fear so General Knox came up with the idea of the Orange Order, and to make doubly sure this embedded in society and divided the nation down religious lines , they started it up on the west of Scotland too where a large number of Irish immigrants were settling.

It's a modern thing deliberately designed to speed hatred, the OO is or was an organisation set up and pushed towards unionism and agreed of anything not of London elite rule.

It masquerades as an order to promote protestant values, but allows and never distances itself from terrorism, sectarian violence and disorder.

It needs banned, as does the knights if St Columba,  on the other side.  Rid the nation of catholic schools and educate the population in the true history of these orders and their origins.  This MAY slowly rid our nation of this vile british creation.

Brain dead but staunch .They would love nothing better than to bring the troubles of Northern Ireland to our streets .Any one who disagrees with them is a republican fienan nationalist .They must be the most racist  people in the country .Scotlands shame and has been for all my life.Can't see it changing wether we are independent  or not ,they will still be there staunch as feck and loud and proud .Bunch of inbred ham shanks 

24 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Brain dead but staunch .They would love nothing better than to bring the troubles of Northern Ireland to our streets .Any one who disagrees with them is a republican fienan nationalist .They must be the most racist  people in the country .Scotlands shame and has been for all my life.Can't see it changing wether we are independent  or not ,they will still be there staunch as feck and loud and proud .Bunch of inbred ham shanks 

They are indeed a shower of bigots  joth educated and otherwise.  Its bred into them from a young age.

As I said in my post above and as long as we are in the union this will NOT be tackled effectively.

The OO and opposite orders must be outlawed,  or at the very least their marches and bands be outlawed.  The origins of these orders MUST be taught and the young educated thay they were a tool created and used by the empire to control the masses and ensure continued obedience to the state through misinformation and sectarian hatred.

The law on sectarianism and hate speech just be changed to eradicate this, in such a way that it almost targets these moronic f**ks, and if need be impinge directly upon their ability to have a sporting team which also exists and feeds this pariah.

But this can only properly happen when were independent, as it will prevent the lifeline of "we will just do what london says as its the highest government " push being used.

Many years ago when I was bursting for a pee I made the mistake of running into the Delta in Irvine,  on my way back out I heard four guys sitting a a table discussing why Catholics shouldn't have the vote....  one particularly moronic wingnut suggested it was because...... they were a different species.  Three other wingnust then agreed and finished with a GSTQ and FTP!!

These clown are allowed to breed!!!

14 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

They are indeed a shower of bigots  joth educated and otherwise.  Its bred into them from a young age.

As I said in my post above and as long as we are in the union this will NOT be tackled effectively.

The OO and opposite orders must be outlawed,  or at the very least their marches and bands be outlawed.  The origins of these orders MUST be taught and the young educated thay they were a tool created and used by the empire to control the masses and ensure continued obedience to the state through misinformation and sectarian hatred.

The law on sectarianism and hate speech just be changed to eradicate this, in such a way that it almost targets these moronic f**ks, and if need be impinge directly upon their ability to have a sporting team which also exists and feeds this pariah.

But this can only properly happen when were independent, as it will prevent the lifeline of "we will just do what london says as its the highest government " push being used.

Many years ago when I was bursting for a pee I made the mistake of running into the Delta in Irvine,  on my way back out I heard four guys sitting a a table discussing why Catholics shouldn't have the vote....  one particularly moronic wingnut suggested it was because...... they were a different species.  Three other wingnust then agreed and finished with a GSTQ and FTP!!

These clown are allowed to breed!!!

I agree that the issue is more likely to be dealt with seriously as a problem in a future independent Scotland. Where I disagree with you Beaker is in the ease with which you imply the problem can be resolved through legislation. Look at how much success the Holyrood government has had already with their "Offensive Behaviour at Football Act" ... none.

It will take years and probably generations to resolve some of the fallout from the "White Supremacy" stoked up during the Days of Empire. And my perception is that the current Tory Government's natural inclination is to stoke it up some more in order to deflect from the economic disruption Brexit is ushering in. 

50 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

The law on sectarianism and hate speech just be changed to eradicate this.....But this can only properly happen when were independent, as it will prevent the lifeline of "we will just do what london says as its the highest government " push being used.

What's to stop the Scottish government from passing such laws now?

Wouldn't it be similar to the law they passed to prohibit offensive behaviour at football matches, now repealed?

Edited by skygod

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

What's to stop the Scottish government from passing such laws now?

Wouldn't it be similar to the law they passed to prohibit offensive behaviour at football matches, now repealed?

Good question , the Scottish government should introduce such a paper and shame any party that stands against it .

The Offensive Behaviour legislation was allegedly duplicating already existing powers was it not , hence its repeal ? 

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

Good question , the Scottish government should introduce such a paper and shame any party that stands against it .

The Offensive Behaviour legislation was allegedly duplicating already existing powers was it not , hence its repeal ? 

The only flaw in your cunning plan is that rather than shame these parties it would actually strengthen their position with the brain dead bigots who make up a significant percentage of their vote. Unfortunately even bigots get to vote. 

8 minutes ago, Zorro said:

The only flaw in your cunning plan is that rather than shame these parties it would actually strengthen their position with the brain dead bigots who make up a significant percentage of their vote. Unfortunately even bigots get to vote. 

Exactly like the "they're coming for our guns" horses**t you hear from those opposed to any gun control in the US!

They're taking our marches away will be the shout followed by No surrender.

Legislation without the education, and without the removal of the UK cloud which they shelter under will not have a big enough impact.

Also the two arseholea who fought the legislation are Labour unionists, one who is a bigoted critic fan and the other is a bigoted hun.   Until this lot have their apron strings cut from their London masters they will keep fighting anything and everything thats done in Sxorland  which differs from London.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Quite possible my fave proclaimers song (and there's a few!)

Sums it up for me.

Brilliant song. Would like to sing it in band but couldn't without a tear in my eye. 

Re Sevco, they should be allowed to join English league. They would quickly find all is not rosy. Was at Old Trafford and they started singing the national anthem and the Utd fans started singing "who the f**king hell are you?"  and laughing at them.