Engerlund Engurland Engurland

14 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

There are Catholic schools down here aplenty but there is no friction in society to my knowledge the way there is north of the border. 

That's what I see all over, there are faith schools in loads of areas with no sectarian baggage holding them back.

Sectarianism is taught in the home and until that can be addressed, we'll be stuck with it.

I went to a Catholic school, was raised a catholic, yet I'm not and none of my friends were or are rabid bigots 

I think it totally starts at the home, from generation to generation 

Growing up in a predominantly "protestant" area, being the only Catholic family. I definitely encountered some hostility and in at worst in a couple of cases outrigt bigotry. 

Just my own experience I have to say 

Edited by seedsy

55 minutes ago, seedsy said:

I went to a Catholic school, was raised a catholic, yet I'm not and none of my friends were or are rabid bigots 

I think it totally starts at the home, from generation to generation 

Growing up in a predominantly "protestant" area, being the only Catholic family. I definitely encountered some hostility and in at worst in a couple of cases outrigt bigotry. 

Just my own experience I have to say 

I think that does endorse that the problem in Scotland is a complex one compared to Dahn Sath. As a child I remember going past a Catholic church and saw a red light within and thought "that's a bit scary what goes on in there?" 

59 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I think that does endorse that the problem in Scotland is a complex one compared to Dahn Sath. As a child I remember going past a Catholic church and saw a red light within and thought "that's a bit scary what goes on in there?" 

Well, you can't enter heaven until Jesus enters you! ;)

2 hours ago, seedsy said:

Get rid of catholic schools wow

There's your "un"conscious bias in full flow right there 

For f**k sake I clarified the point that ALL faith schools should go.  The church of Scotland ones too.

School curriculum should teach the children about all Faith's, and not unconsciously concentrate on one or the other.

Educate the children to try and eliminate the preconception and inbred views prevalent in the WoS in particular.  You cannot educate adults as freely as you can the Kids,  it may take 5, 15 or 30 generations but unless the while approach to religion in schools is modified we will never even start addressing the issue.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

For f**k sake I clarified the point that ALL faith schools should go.  The church of Scotland ones too.

School curriculum should teach the children about all Faith's, and not unconsciously concentrate on one or the other.

Educate the children to try and eliminate the preconception and inbred views prevalent in the WoS in particular.  You cannot educate adults as freely as you can the Kids,  it may take 5, 15 or 30 generations but unless the while approach to religion in schools is modified we will never even start addressing the issue.

Are there any faith schools that teach or even encourage sectarianism? If there is I haven't heard of it.

My daughter went to a 'non-dom' and we encouraged her to have an open mind and question everything she was taught. She had Religious, Moral & Philosophical Studies that taught her about all religions and none, and that has allowed her to make up her own mind about this tricky subject.

Thankfully she has come to the right conclusion all by herself. ^_^

7 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Are there any faith schools that teach or even encourage sectarianism? If there is I haven't heard of it.

My daughter went to a 'non-dom' and we encouraged her to have an open mind and question everything she was taught. She had Religious, Moral & Philosophical Studies that taught her about all religions and none, and that has allowed her to make up her own mind about this tricky subject.

Thankfully she has come to the right conclusion all by herself. ^_^

Your first paragraph is just bollox.  Noone has said that at all in this entire thread.  What I've said is that education is part if the issue and part of the solution.

Your daughters conclusion is both welcomed but one, if you read my later posts clarifying my point if view, which I am advocating becomes the norm from an educational perspective.

Unless we treat the issue as an educational one, we will never ever change the beliefs of society as regards this whole situation.

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

For f**k sake I clarified the point that ALL faith schools should go.  The church of Scotland ones too

But you did originally state get rid of all catholic schools. Which is very interesting 

You may protest. "doth too much" some might say. You are coming across like a freemason hyperbeaker who says, honestly all catholics and woman are welcome into the lodge aswell. 

29 minutes ago, seedsy said:

But you did originally state get rid of all catholic schools. Which is very interesting 

You may protest. "doth too much" some might say. You are coming across like a freemason hyperbeaker who says, honestly all catholics and woman are welcome into the lodge aswell. 

Yes indeed I did post that however  I later clarified what I meant.  I am also  ot protesting but simply pointing our to the seemingkt endless series of bellends who fail to read a full.post and pass instant judgement, which only serves to prove my point, that education  is key to the elimination of sectarianism.

And for the last time freemasonry is NOT a f**king protestant organisation.  There are Muslim, Jewish, and Christian lodges of all forms throughout Scotland, where all faith's are welcome.

Your post just points to the level of ignorance and sectarian pish which is prevalent in the WoS, which you dont get where I live in a aberdeenshire.

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

And for the last time freemasonry is NOT a f**king protestant organisation. 

My mistake mate.

But just to clarify, you don't want any catholic schools(ahem "religious" schools) 

But Jewish/Muslim/freemasonry is absolutely fine 

Gotcha 

Edited by seedsy

8 minutes ago, seedsy said:

My mistake mate.

But just to clarify, you don't want any catholic schools(ahem "religious" schools) 

But Jewish/Muslim/freemasonry is absolutely fine 

Gotcha 

You really dont read posts do you.

Freemasonry is an adult organisation which is absolutely the opposite of sectarian.

Faith schools of any kind, no ahem about it, have no place in a modern society.  This includes those church of Scotland schools which most of us ca non denominational, but arent.

If you choose not to read posts and generally misunderstand deliberately it seems, what I post then it says more about you than me.

5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

You really dont read posts do you.

Freemasonry is an adult organisation which is absolutely the opposite of sectarian.

Faith schools of any kind, no ahem about it, have no place in a modern society.  This includes those church of Scotland schools which most of us ca non denominational, but arent.

If you choose not to read posts and generally misunderstand deliberately it seems, what I post then it says more about you than me.

Faith schools have no place in modern society, but freemasonry does? 

2 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Freemasonry is an abonimation of society

Dont talk pish, do you know what it's about?

Honestly I despair someone who thinks the tories running Scotland is good but the single largest philanthropic society in the world is a scourge.   Absolute bollox.

15 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Dont talk pish, do you know what it's about?

Honestly I despair someone who thinks the tories running Scotland is good but the single largest philanthropic society in the world is a scourge.   Absolute bollox.

Are you a parody of hypocrisy?