Engerlund Engurland Engurland

10 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Yes indeed I did post that however  I later clarified what I meant.  I am also  ot protesting but simply pointing our to the seemingkt endless series of bellends who fail to read a full.post and pass instant judgement, which only serves to prove my point, that education  is key to the elimination of sectarianism.

You just don’t get it. You put forward an opinion, which if not sectarian was certainly offensive to some. Then only ‘clarified’ you meant some quasi-secular/religious hybrid, with beaker pre-approved religious content, when it was pointed out that Scottish non-doms were anything but non-dom. Then suggested education was the key when you yourself appeared ignorant of the educational content. And then finished of with a display of insults and intolerance towards anyone who doesn’t share your views. There’s a word for these types of beliefs...

9 minutes ago, Zorro said:

You just don’t get it. You put forward an opinion, which if not sectarian was certainly offensive to some. Then only ‘clarified’ you meant some quasi-secular/religious hybrid, with beaker pre-approved religious content, when it was pointed out that Scottish non-doms were anything but non-dom. Then suggested education was the key when you yourself appeared ignorant of the educational content. And then finished of with a display of insults and intolerance towards anyone who doesn’t share your views. There’s a word for these types of beliefs...

Away and throw s**te at yerself.  My posts are nothing whatsoever like the above description.

Those offended show their own ignorance and alsonshownuow deep seated the issue is.

Education of the young is the only way to eradicate it, removal of all faith schools with a broad church of education and providing access for all faiths, to provide the pastoral care and/or information and support to the children.

I didnt throw abuse around, other than above, when people started posting ignorant s**te.

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Away and throw s**te at yerself.  My posts are nothing whatsoever like the above description.

Those offended show their own ignorance and alsonshownuow deep seated the issue is.

Education of the young is the only way to eradicate it, removal of all faith schools with a broad church of education and providing access for all faiths, to provide the pastoral care and/or information and support to the children.

I didnt throw abuse around, other than above, when people started posting ignorant s**te.

“There’s none so blind as those who will not see”. 

11 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Freemasonry is an abonimation of society

My dad was a Mason and a Killie fan. He had one o those wee aprons. He asked me if I wanted it. I said "no", as I had read some stuff about them that didnt lie easy with me. I remember many years before, we went to Glasgow shopping whilst the Orange walk was on. For some reason I thought they connected to Masonic lodge. He peeped his horn for some of the marchers to get out of the way. Our car got surrounded and battered. It was terrifying. Later in life, I was asked to join the Masons by one o the Queens guards. A tank commander in the gulf war. I refused but this chap was a damn fine fella. All part of lifes tapestry and each to their own.

Edited by Shropshire_killie
Added a bit

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Faith schools quite happily co-exist elsewhere, so why not here? What causes mistrust is a lack of openness and transparency about what goes on there, with a modicum of prejudice thrown in, dare I say it, just like the inner workings of the lodges.

Those that are indoctrinated in the hatred and ignorance of sectarianism are 'taught' this at home, because they trust their family and their friends more that they trust any school teacher. They're not gonna listen to teachers who have been vilified, abused and belittled for years... "they're lazy" "too many holidays" "left-wing agitators".

I also believe that when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. It shouldn't need any 'clarification'. -_-

Edited by Scooter

58 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

George Square webcam cuppla mins ago

20200620_150234.jpg

Reminds me of St Enoch's Square at 11.30pm on a Friday night many moons ago. It all kicked off with the revellers waiting for busses back to Chateau du Lait and suddenly in 2 seconds there were more polis vans parked round the square than there were corporation busses.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:25 PM, Killiepies said:

Scotlands historic ties to Northern Ireland are part of the problem (Ulster Scots ) and probably the reason catholic schools are viewed as part of the problem to some .Other areas have no such historic ties and probably have never heard of the Boyne and the Easter rising 

On 6/20/2020 at 10:58 AM, Scooter said:

Faith schools quite happily co-exist elsewhere, so why not here?

Other areas don't have Celtic and Rangers.

Edited by Fankle

17 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

That's it in a nutshell. All the historic s**te is kept alive and "relevant" here because of the tribal loyalty to these two toxic football clubs.

I think that’s an over simplification of a complex social/political issue. 

5 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

That's it in a nutshell. All the historic s**te is kept alive and "relevant" here because of the tribal loyalty to these two toxic football clubs.

I believe Celtic and Rangers play a big part in the problems we have in today's society. I'm not just talking about the clubs themselves but the fans as well. Of course there are other factors involved ie.the constant need to march up and down roads to celebrate whatever they celebrate. Anyhow I don't see anything changing soon.