Are we on the verge of something quite significant

piffer

With everything that is going on in the world right now are we on the verge of making one of the most high profile managerial appointments of the summer if not the last few years. Over the last few days there have been lots of Black players, ex players and personalities talking about a lack of BAME people in senior positions within the game. When Dyer was given the job on a temporary basis this was talked about. The focus has changed significantly since then. Are we prepared for the attention and publicity this could draw to us. I’m in no way suggesting we would appoint anyone based on creed or colour. We could be at the forefront of something here. 

Edited by piffer

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I think the fact that our manager is being talked about because of his skin colour says everything about what it wrong with the world right now.

I couldn’t give a f**k what nationality or ethnicity or race or even gender our manager is, as long as they deliver results and performances on the park.

And they’re not an Ayr fan or course.

It's no longer enough to 'not see colour'. It is significant that we have a manager of colour.

I know you mean well, but it's important to acknowledge Dyer's race as our manager

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

I think the fact that our manager is being talked about because of his skin colour says everything about what it wrong with the world right now.

I couldn’t give a f**k what nationality or ethnicity or race or even gender our manager is, as long as they deliver results and performances on the park.

I'd happily have an Ayr fan no matter what he/she looked like if they had us competing at the same level as Willie Waddell or Steve Clarke

I really, really dont give a flying s**t what colour the guy is. Can he do the job? That's all, I am interested in. The fact that KFC us prepared to give him the opportunity with so much "nodding and winking" in Scottish footbal  does make me feel a bit better about being a Killue fan,

10 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Spot on, the distinguishing is all of the problem......every one is a human and just the same in my eyes......

If Alex keeps getting poor results then we will have no option other than to get rid of him. Whether John Barnes and the media want to make something out of nothing, that's up to them. The simple fact is AD is in the same position as any manager, you do well and a bigger club wants to hire you, you do badly and you are out the door. 

30 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Exactly. Find it incredibly frustrating that Alex dyer skin colour is even mentioned in regards to his job. 

Not only frustrating but totally inappropriate in 2020. When AD was appointed Interim Manager last year, when AA was dismissed, at the presser that week the first question that was asked referred to the fact he was a black man. I remember thinking why was that deemed important to ask as it has no relevance to his position as a football manager. I do not remember who asked the question but clearly he thought it important.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:19 PM, Beaker71 said:

For once I agree with you.