Massimo Donati

8 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Wouldn’t shock me to see Boyd come back in some capacity. 

Would he come back to be involved in anymore than training through the week. He seems to have a decent deal with Sky and is pitching in to more than just their SPFL coverage. 

11 hours ago, mitch14 said:

A genuine, non confrontational question gentlemen - what appointment would you have been happy with as assistant? 

I would have, as Skygod highlighted in his post, an assistant who has some managerial experience as there is none whatsover in this management team. It justs looks like another easy option by the club just as Dyers appointment was.

I appreciate in this current climate it may be harder to conduct interviews, but our success in promoting from within has been poor over the last few years. 

Not getting this "appoint an assistant with managerial experience to hold his hand"....I would take it that you don't actually trust me with the position and tell you to stick your job where the sun don't shine if it was me......he should have the experience now with the added bonus of working under SC to sink or swim all by himself...

2 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Andy got shafted by the Club when Celtic made the offer for him and that comes across in the interview, We were all hurting because Burns had left us.

Massimo leaving could be about money, It might free up some of the wage budget , Millen will know all the player and have a relationship with those in the reserves and DEV Team.

The one thing about Millen is he is a hard worker and as we have seen not scared to speak his mind. I think this will a good contrast to Dyer. I can see Millen not standing for any attitude problems from players. Perhaps Massimo was still viewed by some players as the translater for AA.

Time will tell. But to be honest this season depends and the quality of the players we bring in, More than who the Asst Manager is.

Andy got shafted by the club really !! that's his version of it.

I can see the value in having an experienced assistant working with and mentoring a very inexperienced manager. On the other hand, with an experienced boss, I would want to see someone younger as assistant who could be groomed as a long-term replacement.

What we would have with AD & AM would be two senior guys who have lots of experience but as assistants, which is an odd combination but maybe a logical one.

Bringing in a young assistant to AD probably wouldn't benefit either of them. Appointing an experienced manager to mentor a 54 year-old would seem a bit odd too.

AD probably won't see AM as a threat and, if they can genuinely work well together, it might be as good a low-cost solution as any in the present climate.

Edited by skygod

7 minutes ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

Surely it would be an absolute no brainer to offer Burkey a coaching role of some sorts in his new contract.  Its obvious to me and Im sure to many others that the guy has management potential.

Only if that's what he actually wants to do.  Otherwise we diminish his impact on the pitch.

42 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Andy got shafted by the club really !! that's his version of it.

To not be informed of a possible transfer to a bigger club and the chance to multiply your wages , irrespective of which club it is , so yes I’d be pissed as well . I also don’t recall him playing too badly for us after that tbf .

2 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

To not be informed of a possible transfer to a bigger club and the chance to multiply your wages , irrespective of which club it is , so yes I’d be pissed as well . I also don’t recall him playing too badly for us after that tbf .

He didn't,  but like other before and after him, he was used by the OF to destabilise or try to destabilise a rival.  Tottenham bombed him quickly as they had previous and the writing was on the wall as soon as Totten became manager.

But that interview was I'll advised at best and disgraceful at worst.  But then footballers even now arwnt always the most intelligent or worldly/politically wise individuals and are easily targeted and used by less scrupulous or dishonourable people (as Fergus McCann definitely was)

2 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

Surely it would be an absolute no brainer to offer Burkey a coaching role of some sorts in his new contract.  Its obvious to me and Im sure to many others that the guy has management potential.

Nobody has a clue whether Burke would be a good coach or not. 

23 hours ago, red_dug said:

Andy Millen was public enemy number one for me for over 2 decades. Hated the guy after what he did. (Loved him when he played for us and I know he didn't get on at all with Totten)

I wanted him nowhere near us when he came back, however, he's worked away quietly and seems to be doing OK and so I've let the past be exactly that.

I think he may compliment Dyer as he likes a shout and can motivate players whereas big Alex is pretty laid back to say the least.

This might be a great partnership. 

Saying that Totten made him Captain