Is there anybody out there who thinks any of them really give a s**t

gdevoy

Writing in the Telegraph, Lord William Hague said lockdown was increasing inequality, social tension and debt.

Former Tory Leader Iain Duncan-Smith has warned MPs that they were "in danger of losing sight of what will happen, probably to the poorest in society".

Ex-defence minister Tobias Ellwood has told the Commons that halving social distancing to 1m would be "game-changing" and should be done now.

All of this concern of the well being of society is just a cover for how concerned these individuals are about what lockdown is doing to their investments and their wedge. The only thing these people have any consciousness of is money. How much they have stashed away and how much more of it they can get.

Edited by gdevoy

from yesterday's Q&A session:

"And in the Commons Tobias Ellwood, a Conservative, says one metre is the right distance, and now is the right time to announce it.

Argar says Ellwood is making a powerful case. But he says Ellwood must await the outcome of the review."

yes, that was a really powerful and stirring argument. :-)

"In the Commons John Redwood, a Conservative, says the government should announced the reduction of the two-metre rule to a one-metre rule today. That would help business, he says.

Argar says he hears what Redwood is saying, but that it is important to carry out a proper review."

"In the Commons the Conservative MP Bob Stewart asks, if the reproduction number is falling, why any social distancing is needed at all.

Argar says R is still close to 1. He says as it falls, the government will be able to relax lockdown measures."

51 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

It definitely could be.

I think 2m was to much initially but the problem is that now even with the 2m restriction in place you can see generally people stick to a "minimum closest approach" of about 1m. The problem is what actually happens when the official guidelines are relaxed.

My point was that none of these characters are the least bit interested in peoples mental health and well being. Their interest in this is protecting their investments

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I think 2m was to much initially but the problem is that now even with the 2m restriction in place you can see generally people stick to a "minimum closest approach" of about 1m. The problem is what actually happens when the official guidelines are relaxed.

My point was that none of these characters are the least bit interested in peoples mental health and well being. Their interest in this is protecting their investments

I agree but the problem now is far from being guided by the science they seem quite willing to ignore it. 

And it also goes against the general approach being used in other countries where 2m looks to be standard.

Bit of course the UK has the best science and the best scientists and the will take absolutely the right decision at the right time.

1 minute ago, Prahakillie said:

I agree but the problem now is far from being guided by the science they seem quite willing to ignore it. 

And it also goes against the general approach being used in other countries where 2m looks to be standard.

Bit of course the UK has the best science and the best scientists and the will take absolutely the right decision at the right time.

Iirc 1m is the norm in France Austria Netherlands Spain  ? And 1.5m in Germany and a few other countries .

The U.K. govt is looked at poorly because of there dithering and frequent U turns . It will just take 1 of the 4 countries in the U.K. to introduce a 1/1.5M rule for it to fall apart in the others 

23 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

You are right as there is actually no science to be guided by. Just a few educated people with experience of this type of thing giving ther own best guess. If the government dont like the answer they can find somebody else to ask.