Greg Stewart

Panman

2 hours ago, TLC said:

I don’t blame players for chasing the money. It’s a short career and we are hardly paying them wages that will see them through the 30 odd years of working life they will have post-football. 

I would take Stewart back in a shot. He adds creativity and goals we’ve sorely missed the last 18 months. 

There are very few 30 year careers in this country now, professional footballers have more spare time than anyone else going, they should be setting themselves up for their second stage. 
Having had to change my roles so many times in 45 years of work without the cushion of sizeable salaries has been challenging, but I’ve always got there.

When you think of a lot of very ordinary football players earning £1500 a week it’s hard to have much sympathy when they then head up the 77 for even more.

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

There are very few 30 year careers in this country now, professional footballers have more spare time than anyone else going, they should be setting themselves up for their second stage. 
Having had to change my roles so many times in 45 years of work without the cushion of sizeable salaries has been challenging, but I’ve always got there.

When you think of a lot of very ordinary football players earning £1500 a week it’s hard to have much sympathy when they then head up the 77 for even more.

Stewart went to Aberdeen for the same money as we offered allegedly. Not worthy here. Shat in the nest so to speak. As for Jordan, WATP Jones he’s not really that good is he! 

45 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

Stewart went to Aberdeen for the same money as we offered allegedly. Not worthy here. Shat in the nest so to speak. As for Jordan, WATP Jones he’s not really that good is he! 

From memory at the time Steve Clarke stated, when GS went to the sheep, that " something smells in this deal " he was quick to add " not the player "

If it were possible get him back at RP

1 hour ago, muza1962 said:

For all that JJ was a bit of a fanny he added an extra dimension to our play with his pace. He does have ability too 

Edited by malcr0

He's had a crack at playing at a slightly higher level and didn't cut it. Six starts and eight substitute appearances, although he was out for a while after his sending off against Celtic. He only had one start (v. Stranraer in the cup) and played 102 mins after that happened on 1 September.   

If he was sensible, he would move to get playing again. Most likely to England where he could earn a bit more.

But he's not the brightest so he'll probably enjoy the kudos of being a Rangers player for as long as he can milk it.

Stewart had six starts and 18 sub appearances.

Edited by skygod

I am more disappointed in greg stewart leaving us than Jones tbh I believe if greg stewart had stayed with us for the full season we would have ended winning a lot more games and he would have been in the national team squad as well. Jones on the other hand is a different kettle of fish, remember watching him a few seasons ago while in hospitality at a st.mirren game and he had three attempts at taking a corner from west stand side and put all of them out of play so although he came on to a game in the early part of his last season he wouldn't be in front of greg stewart as my choice of the two!

51 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

For all that JJ was a bit of a fanny he added an extra dimension to our play with his pace. He does have ability too 

Never liked him after he trashed his hotel room (Park) after a strop, followed by the WATP text. A very ordinary player who could run fast.

I'd personally leave both the Chuckle Brothers warming the bench at Greyskull, thinking they're billy big times as they waste their careers away and no doubt get set to squander their earnings.

Killie were on the cusp of something unique last season. We were competing at the very top of the league, and with a good Jan transfer window - who knows. 

Neither of these nuggets, for whatever reason, could spare us the 4 months it could have taken to crown a club  and personal career defining moment. So it's a no from me.

I have to totally swallow any old firm bitterness and say Greg Stewart is along with Eremenko the best player I've ever seen in stripes. 

And Jones would also improve us massively.

As I've said in other threads. This season is a total "get through the season" kind of season

Anybody could have seen JJ's demise at Rangers.

Playing for us suited him. A team that wasn't dominant offensively, that invited opponents on to them, soaked up pressure, and then hit on the break, was perfect for Jones.  It left him acres of space to run into and then try to knock it past full backs and take them on with his pace. He was never gonna get that set up at Rangers where they have the majority of the ball in most games and then have to break teams down. Jones was never at his best when he had time to think.

Srewart was a bit more surprising. If he had been given a proper run in the team he might have been exactly the kind of player they needed to break down other teams and create chances for others. For some reason though - not sure why - it just hasn't happened for him.

Of the two, who would I have back at Killie? Stewart. In a heartbeat. ;-)

41 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Ironically he said it was the happiest he’d ever been, then got a bus to Aberdeen, it stunk all right 

There were other parties involved - Birmingham, Aberdeen and at least one agent. 

Stewart isn’t the brightest and he was probably led. I don’t see him as the scheming type. 

53 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Ironically he said it was the happiest he’d ever been, then got a bus to Aberdeen, it stunk all right 

I'm sure it was mentioned at the time it was totally out of GS hands. All about Mick Innes and agents.

Apparently his wife was fuming!