Craig Bryson

Could killie go back in for Craig Bryson this season? I spoke to him last year and found him to be an utter gentleman, and totally honest, he said that he wanted back to killie when he left Derby, but they never replied to him, my opinion is that he’s not that badly or regularly injured as reported, I just think he doesn’t like the travelling up to Aberdeen and being away from his family here in Ayrshire. I for one would take him in a heartbeat. 

56 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Has he ever said that? I thought it was a case of the club dropping the ball?

Aberdeen midfielder Craig Bryson insists artificial pitches should not be used in the Ladbrokes Premiership after Saturday's frustrating goalless draw at Kilmarnock.

Dons manager Derek McInnes attributed Scott McKenna's hamstring injury to slipping on an unevenly watered pitch which was relaid over the summer.

The 22-year-old defender now faces an anxious wait to discover the extent of an injury that is likely to rule him out of Scotland's crucial double-header against Russia and Belgium next month.

Bryson, who joined Aberdeen this summer after almost a decade down south at Derby, said: "They wouldn't allow these surfaces down in England but you just have to get on with it.

"At the start of the game when they water it the ball moves fine but as the half moves on it dries up. Sometimes you don't know how the ball is going to bounce.

"For the first 15 minutes it will skid on but when it dries up it just bounces up. I don't like it and I don't think it should be used in the top league in Scotland but it's the same for both teams."

Kilmarnock players were also visibly frustrated by a surface that led to an arduous and scrappy 90 minutes devoid of any clear-cut chances.

The one moment of quality came courtesy of Gary Dicker on 70 minutes. The Kilmarnock captain played a majestic defence-splitting pass to Chris Burke but the winger could only fire into the side netting after rounding goalkeeper Joe Lewis.

Despite failing to record their 12th consecutive win at Rugby Park, Bryson was happy to make his first league start for the Dons.

"It was alright because obviously I've had a long four months out injured," he said.

"I managed an hour last game so to get 75 minutes was a bonus personally, but I was blowing second half.

"When you've been out for that long it's important to get minutes in your legs because nothing prepares you like games."

Kilmarnock manager Angelo Alessio was content with a point despite remaining bottom of the table.

"I'm happy because we finally have a point on board but we wanted three points because we want to improve the situation we are in," he said.

"We played good football and some of the one- and two-touch passing was good."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/aberdeen/news/aberdeen-midfielder-craig-bryson-speaks-out-against-artificial-pitches_369233.html

I had heard that he was well down the pecking order there and they would perhaps consider letting him go. Nothing to say he’d come to us or we were interested. Since then McInnes has spoken about getting him fit and playing so not sure if that rules it out. Given the way their finances appear to be hit by the pandemic maybe they would be happy to free up the wage. Was there not a rumour on here we tried to get him on loan in January?

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Not keen on our playing surface so little chance.

Never heard I'm mention that. Plus I dont get folks issues with artificial surfaces. Yes traditionally the games played on grass. But this is the 21st century footballs evolving as with everything else. A large number of clubs in the world have either played or trained on artificial parks and the majority of their youth play week in week out on it. Look at ours, and many other clubs injury records nothing that shows worrying signs about it.

1 minute ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Plus I dont get folks issues with artificial surfaces. Yes traditionally the games played on grass. But this is the 21st century footballs evolving as with everything else.

I guess one issue would be that there should be consistency in surfaces - all grass or all artificial.

I was only making a suggestion as to what one of "folks'" issues might be. But you could ask that.

You could equally ask if all artificial surfaces are the same?

Both are subsidiary issues to the bigger one of the discrepancies between grass and artificial.

34 minutes ago, piffer said:

Nothing to say he’d come to us or we were interested. 

I understand that Mrs Bryson would particularly like to be closer to family around Killie, so the family connection means we are always in with a shout of him coming back. 

On the right wages he'd be worth a pint but the injuries are really concerning. 

2 hours ago, skygod said:

I guess one issue would be that there should be consistency in surfaces - all grass or all artificial.

I have used a top physio at Hampden and his opinon is that it gets in players minds that they have more chance of getting injured on a plastic pitch than they do on a grass pitch

17 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

I have used a top physio at Hampden and his opinon is that it gets in players minds that they have more chance of getting injured on a plastic pitch than they do on a grass pitch

Yea but what do the stats say. Science says plastic pitches are far inferior and thats why not allowed in english professional leagues. 

Even clarke said the pitch is a problem, will effect the loan players he is able to bring it. 

2 minutes ago, CB said:

I'd be interested in reading the science. 

If it wasnt the case every club would have them as they are far cheaper to keep. 

Top players dont wana play on them, their clubs dont want their players to play on them. There must be something in it, we only put one in to cut costs, park looks s**te especially on tv.

3 minutes ago, andy123 said:

If it wasnt the case every club would have them as they are far cheaper to keep. 

Top players dont wana play on them, their clubs dont want their players to play on them. There must be something in it, we only put one in to cut costs, park looks s**te especially on tv.

That's not science, that's opinion, surely

why do English professional league not allow them. Why do top clubs in Scotland not have them? 

Infact name top clubs in the world that have them?????

Grass is far superior dont understand the argument. Even our own players at times moaned about our pitch. It's a money saving scheme easy as that