Craig Bryson

8 hours ago, andy123 said:

yea wiki says Barca have 5 natural grass training pitches. They do have a couple of plastic pitches, do you think the first team train on them or the real ones????

Think I know the answer thanks 

You probably do know the answer, reading the posts you put on here you seem to know everything.

Oh by the way since you do know everything how do you block someone on the forum there's this guy and he posts the biggest lot of pish you have ever read and frankly I think he's actually a part time hun, so i'm trying to block his posts.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Garvis

6 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

It literally doesn't.

Anyway. Bryson would be worth offering a contract too

You speaking from your own experience? 

I have issues with my right knee and when I play now it hurts much more the morning after a game on Astro than grass. Many others I play with in the same position. Hardly science but general feedback from anyone I’ve dealt with or spoken to. 

Why would would players say they struggled on Astro if it wasn’t true? Don’t get the logic 

1 hour ago, Skora11 said:

I’ve played on Astro for years, mich prefer playing on it at amateur level to grass as generally grass pitches are terrible. Playing on a heavy grass pitch also effects the legs much more than playing on an astro IMO. 

The next generation of footballers will all have probably played on decent astro surfaces since they were 5 or 6 and the argument will start to become a thing of the past. 

I get that astro is the future of this country. 

Luckily I'm not. I would even have a heavy grass park before it.

Some Astros were great to begin with, but when they start to wear they are nothing short of dreadful

5 hours ago, Fudger said:

You speaking from your own experience? 

I have issues with my right knee and when I play now it hurts much more the morning after a game on Astro than grass. Many others I play with in the same position. Hardly science but general feedback from anyone I’ve dealt with or spoken to. 

Why would would players say they struggled on Astro if it wasn’t true? Don’t get the logic 

As mentioned before, it tends to be in players' heads. I've been playing on astro for a few years now and can't say I've noticed a difference.

Don't take this the wrong way, but injuries do occur more often as you get older. My hip isn't as it once was, but I'm not blaming astro, I'm blaming being older, bald and a bad posture.

9 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Bryson has been awful for Aberdeen every time I've seen him at RP. No thanks.

He was rotten the time he got hooked at HT last season - I put that down to not wanting to play against us tbh. 

Would take him back in a h̷e̷a̷r̷t̷b̷e̷a̷t̷ second.

Edited by jesper
Keeping up with currently acceptable phrasing

34 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

I'd still take Bryson. His injuries will have surely had a long tiem to recover. Very influential player past and present. The only issue is hes useless for the sheep as 99% of the time the balls above his head. Lumped fae McKenna to Cosgrove. I think Power and Bryson would a thriving midfield duo.

This of all seasons coming is not a time to take risks. Bryson would no doubt command a sizeable chunk out the budget.

His injury history suggests to me he is to big a gamble to take on the resources we will have at our disposal.

Edited by C4mmy31

7 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

As mentioned before, it tends to be in players' heads. I've been playing on astro for a few years now and can't say I've noticed a difference.

Don't take this the wrong way, but injuries do occur more often as you get older. My hip isn't as it once was, but I'm not blaming astro, I'm blaming being older, bald and a bad posture.

It's a known fact the astro is harder on your joints. 

It doesnt have the same give as real grass. 

The only reason we have it is to save money

14 hours ago, Skora11 said:

I’ve played on Astro for years, mich prefer playing on it at amateur level to grass as generally grass pitches are terrible. Playing on a heavy grass pitch also effects the legs much more than playing on an astro IMO. 

The next generation of footballers will all have probably played on decent astro surfaces since they were 5 or 6 and the argument will start to become a thing of the past. 

No it wont as top clubs will still play on grass!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Garvis said:

You probably do know the answer, reading the posts you put on here you seem to know everything.

Oh by the way since you do know everything how do you block someone on the forum there's this guy and he posts the biggest lot of pish you have ever read and frankly I think he's actually a part time hun, so i'm trying to block his posts.

Thanks in advance.

think you just go into settings and block from there. Easy

It’s amazing how little some people actually know about Astro parks. I used to work for a company that actually installed high end Astro pitches. I’ve listened to people say concrete pitches when truth be told by the time you put the shock pad down then the sand and rubber infill the pitch is actually very forgiving but some people know better. 

7 minutes ago, Garvis said:

It’s amazing how little some people actually know about Astro parks. I used to work for a company that actually installed high end Astro pitches. I’ve listened to people say concrete pitches when truth be told by the time you put the shock pad down then the sand and rubber infill the pitch is actually very forgiving but some people know better. 

Our previous pitch at RP was one of the worst I ever played on. Stewarton, Beith, Pollock sports centres all far better quality Astro. 

unsure on the new pitch we put down but the original one was in a shocking state two years ago when I played on it.