Craig Bryson

7 hours ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Did we not enquire about Bryson in January and the dons knocked us back. I heard last year at the start of the season when we were linked he had just bought a house in Darvel. 

I think he was having his own house built around Rowallan.

Having spoke to a family friend, he was all set to "come home" last season but the promised offer never materialised.

I'd love him back but unfortunately we have 3 cm's over 30 as it stands and need a youthful presence in their.

2 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I wouldn't be playing Taylor unless injuries make us. 

Unless of course he is willing to commit his future to the club. At least for another year.

Refusing to sign a contract to then resign is a bit of an odd one. Played one game and wants to keep his options. 

But Yeh i agree we've got a good bunch of centre midfielders in Power, Dicker, El Mak and possibly rory.

Don't understand some of the comments about Bryson. We have a limited budget that restricts us in bringing in a quality player irrespective of age.  Look at the ages of some we have brought in in the past. EG  Tommy Burns, Ian Durrant ,George McCuskey  to name a few who were deemed older or getting past there best . How good were they for us. 

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

Bryson is under contract to Aberdeen.Is he worth paying a transfer fee for?

No, though with most clubs looking at cost cutting they may want to get underperforming players off the wage bill .......they have this week asked staff to take temporary wage decreases 
But even if we are ever interested we could not afford his current wages .....and do feel with his injury issues the budget we do have could be better utilised 

On 6/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, andy123 said:

It's a known fact the astro is harder on your joints. 

It doesnt have the same give as real grass. 

The only reason we have it is to save money

I have to agree. I ran an amateur team and any players with dodgy joints always suffered more than playing or training on grass.

1 hour ago, Stephen Sharkey said:

Craig Bryson wont come back too injury prone plus astro and his injuries wont work ,time to move on and find new talent to bring in instead of the old 

If you could have Bryson or El Makrini, who would you take?

One is 32, the other 33. One made 12 appearances last season, the other 27. 

Bryson being injury prone is a total myth. Here’s his appearance stats for last few seasons:

18/19 - 32

17/18 - 27

16/17 - 37

El Makrini - 

18/19 - 30

17/18 - 28

16/17 - 32

Played a very similar number of games over the last 4 seasons. Craig had a bad year last year and his recovery was hampered by the fact McInnes tried to rush him back on his first recovery because he didn’t have cover in that area. 

21 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

Bryson being injury prone is a total myth. Here’s his appearance stats for last few seasons:

18/19 - 32

17/18 - 27

16/17 - 37

El Makrini - 

18/19 - 30

17/18 - 28

16/17 - 32

Played a very similar number of games over the last 4 seasons. Craig had a bad year last year and his recovery was hampered by the fact McInnes tried to rush him back on his first recovery because he didn’t have cover in that area. 

He had a bad ankle injury before he left Derby and that was the reason he missed so much of last season. We would have to be certain that injury is no longer a problem. Championship sides also play 46 league games per season so that has to be taken into account when comparing games played. 

24 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

18/19 - 32

17/18 - 27

16/17 - 37

El Makrini - 

18/19 - 30

17/18 - 28

16/17 - 32

If Bryson was fit I'd have both and offload Dicker.