Danny Whitehall

jazza

5 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

Definitely need more bodies to play upfront if we're not convinced with Cameron just yet, a good option to bring off the bench if anything worth a punt reminds me of Cosgrove and look how he's developed in the league- hate watching him play but if he was on your team you'd love him 

The only thing cosgrove has got is hes big. Not really mobile. God knows how many times he shouldve seen red against us. I dont think hes scored from open play since September.

7 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

The only thing cosgrove has got is hes big. Not really mobile. God knows how many times he shouldve seen red against us. I dont think hes scored from open play since September.

Definitely scored against us in November.  

The game where we had no central defenders .

Aberdeens dream match......

High ball,high ball, high ball,  high ball etc

36 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Don't get it twisted I don't think cosgrove is a good player, but he puts the ball in the net for Aberdeen, if Whitehall does that we'll be golden 

16 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

Americans are weird. Crowd smaller than Shortlees and they have a band!

That's not the MLS , Its a lower League. I would not knock American Attendances , They get mega crowds at some games. I see it improving every year. Their League seems to have worked out that if they bring in NEW CLUBS they want they close to established Clubs and create Derbies.

The other factor in their crowds is the fan culture, I think most Clubs have the modern concept of organised fan base , With the TIFO displays and mass banks of fans chanting to their CAPO's  direction. Its exciting times over there.

By the way i have played away at Shortlees and it was the dogs at the side of the park you had to watch out for.

1 hour ago, Bigdaw said:

That's not the MLS , Its a lower League. I would not knock American Attendances , They get mega crowds at some games. I see it improving every year. Their League seems to have worked out that if they bring in NEW CLUBS they want they close to established Clubs and create Derbies.

Wasn't knocking the attendance, just funny the way they had a band and everything!

• CB locked and unlocked this topic
On 6/19/2020 at 5:24 PM, Pompey Exile said:

Americans are weird. Crowd smaller than Shortlees and they have a band!

Not sure how the size of American crowds comes into this thread, but from what I can gather MLS crowds have been growing but are a bit variable over the League.  My daughter and her husband lived in the Portland area for a few years so I managed to get to a couple of the Timbers matches while visiting.  Their matches are generally sold out or very close to it which made attendances of 20,000+ (don't remember the exact capacity)  The stadium has since been extended by adding another tier to one of the stands.  More impressive in a way was the Portland Thorns (ladies Team) game attended when the crowd was around 16,500. 

(Picture below from the last Timbers match I was at in 2018 some of the construction work for the larger stand visible across the park)

IMG_20180919_192732.jpg

Edited by jbm1965
Add picture information

On 6/22/2020 at 1:56 PM, jbm1965 said:

Not sure how the size of American crowds comes into this thread, but from what I can gather MLS crowds have been growing but are a bit variable over the League.  My daughter and her husband lived in the Portland area for a few years so I managed to get to a couple of the Timbers matches while visiting.  Their matches are generally sold out or very close to it which made attendances of 20,000+ (don't remember the exact capacity)  The stadium has since been extended by adding another tier to one of the stands.  More impressive in a way was the Portland Thorns (ladies Team) game attended when the crowd was around 16,500. 

(Picture below from the last Timbers match I was at in 2018 some of the construction work for the larger stand visible across the park)

IMG_20180919_192732.jpg

Where does your daughter and her husband buy their mattresses?