Danny Whitehall

jazza

11 minutes ago, Stephen Sharkey said:

We played three trialists in second half mate was wondering if he was one of them ,plus his Twitter account suggests hes signed for somebody 

Kilmarnock second half: Lyle, Trialist, Broadfoot (Dicker), Rossi, Taylor, Kiltie, Brindley, Pinnock, Trialist, Cameron, Connell

Unless I'm reading wrong, Haunstrup and Hooper second half. Rodgers the only trialist first half.

Not saying he hasn't signed just that if Dyer has held off this long I'd have thought he would have given him a test in a game.

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Kilmarnock second half: Lyle, Trialist, Broadfoot (Dicker), Rossi, Taylor, Kiltie, Brindley, Pinnock, Trialist, Cameron, Connell

Unless I'm reading wrong, Haunstrup and Hooper second half. Rodgers the only trialist first half.

Not saying he hasn't signed just that if Dyer has held off this long I'd have thought he would have given him a test in a game.

McGowan didn't play either. Perhaps both him and Whitehall are injured.

helps if you read all the posts before you make a mistake. Ooops !

Edited by superfan
insert other statement

With regards to the comments about having Cameron as the third striking option, I've seen him play and wasn't that impressed tbh.  Seemed really promising a couple of years ago but hasn't really progressed to what was maybe expected of him from within the club hence the reason strikers are required.  I'd personally like one to really push Brophy for his guaranteed starting place (every week) which might make him being more consistent ie 20 goals.  Brophy is definitely hit or miss.  Hopefully exciting times ahead and Dyer can unearth a gem or two from the lower leagues.

26 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

I'm sure all the training tops probably have numbers?

Wouldn't expect so, the only thing I can think of is possibly they needed to give the trialists numbers for the friendly and given that we didn't have kits delivered yet that's why there's a printed up training kit that he's using.

The length of his trial, his couple of tweets and now his squad number would suggest he's probably signed but for some reason not officially announced. Similar with Rogers.

12 minutes ago, Bellman2010 said:

There is a decent chance I’m wrong, but I don’t think trialists are given a kit with a number until they’ve signed. 

Have seen a fair number of pre season games over the years where trialists played , and with a number on back of the shirt , would think that is a regulation for organised games at that level .......they will not have a designated squad number as such though 

given time he has been up here now will be bit strange if Whitehall has not agreed a deal , as he could be missing out on other opportunities ...

29 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Have seen a fair number of pre season games over the years where trialists played , and with a number on back of the shirt , would think that is a regulation for organised games at that level .......they will not have a designated squad number as such though 

given time he has been up here now will be bit strange if Whitehall has not agreed a deal , as he could be missing out on other opportunities ...

None of our players had numbers on the back of their shirt against Well. 

I think that the market we are shopping in suits us in terms of players willing to take a risk on a longer trial. SPL probably pay a bit higher than English non-league sides and the exposure the player gets is considerably greater. 

It's good for Dyer as he gets to see them in the squad over a prolonged period (less risk of signing the play out their skin on trial types who fade away once given a contract) and it's very much a buyers market at the moment with a lot of players out of contract and desperate for some security. 

16 minutes ago, livvy said:

None of our players had numbers on the back of their shirt against Well. 

Seems we got allowance to use our training gear , due to as it was considered a bounce game with no fans etc....and also perhaps a delay in our full range of strips arriving ....