Danny Whitehall

jazza

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Wouldn't expect so, the only thing I can think of is possibly they needed to give the trialists numbers for the friendly and given that we didn't have kits delivered yet that's why there's a printed up training kit that he's using.

Training gear all has the players’ squad numbers on the front. 

It is their own allocated gear and they are, at the moment, having to wash it at home. 

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Have seen a fair number of pre season games over the years where trialists played , and with a number on back of the shirt , would think that is a regulation for organised games at that level .......

None of our players had numbers on the back of their shirts against Motherwell, watch the highlights, only the small one above the sponsor.....

Glad now publicly confirmed , good luck to him, it is chance for him to get his career moving in right direction and help our club 

And he has been quick to see we are a massive club
######

The English striker joins after being non-league Maidenhead United’s top goalscorer last season. They are in the same division as Nicke Kabamba’s former side Hartlepool United.

He said: “I’m very excited to be joining a massive club in a top league and I can’t wait to get back to playing games and hopefully scoring goals.

“The past few weeks have been great and I’m really enjoying being back to the normality of a football environment and training day in, day out with a great bunch of lads.

“I’m aiming to contribute to the team as much as I can, score goals and push for a place in the starting 11 each week.”

Edited by Scouser2

19 minutes ago, KillieFM86 said:

Happy with  one keeper?

Just trying to manage my expectations for how many more signings we're actually likely to make. Obviously hoping for Bachmann to come back as No.1 but over the piece one main goalkeeper usually plays the vast majority of games in a season (barring significant injuries). If we had a junior keeper as emergency back up I'd be happy just getting one keeper of decent quality, especially if it means we can get a seemingly quality LB like Haunstrup.

3 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

6 months is a weird one. Hopefully an extension clause if he is decent. 

Wonder if we offered a year but he wanted a bit more money so we're giving him 6 months on that money to prove that he's worth it.

6 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Yes seems strange to have a player who could sign immediately on a pre contract agreement with another team if he hits the ground running,, anyway Danny .. hit the ground running!!

6 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Not necessarily, irrespective of how kabamba did  the transition from non league to SPL is a bigger one than many appreciate.   Plus like most footballers he hasn't been training, and its unlikely Maidstone will have given him the kind of support and guidance we will.have given our players.   So he may not be at the level we would like  but he shows promise and is cheap so we take a look.