Danny Whitehall

jazza

17 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Not necessarily, irrespective of how kabamba did  the transition from non league to SPL is a bigger one than many appreciate.   Plus like most footballers he hasn't been training, and its unlikely Maidstone will have given him the kind of support and guidance we will.have given our players.   So he may not be at the level we would like  but he shows promise and is cheap so we take a look.

That level is such a mix.

I was watching a game the other day, a lot of good young players who obviously hadn't quite worked out after academy level and had dropped down the divisions trying to rebuild their career. However, the guy who scored the winner, Matt Rhead was literally about 17 stone. Seriously, Google the guy, he made Kris Boyd look frail.

There will be young, strong, fit players who are just some good full time coaching away from being able to play at a better level (whether or not it's this level is another story) and hopefully Whitehall and Hooper are in that category. Not everyone progresses by the time they're 22 and just because you've dropped to that level doesn't mean at 25 you haven't added to your game. On the other hand there are some guys in that league who look like Sunday league lads who have enough ability to get by, I can see why you'd go short term in case you've accidentally signed the latter.

On 7/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, Fletch said:

That level is such a mix.

I was watching a game the other day, a lot of good young players who obviously hadn't quite worked out after academy level and had dropped down the divisions trying to rebuild their career. However, the guy who scored the winner, Matt Rhead was literally about 17 stone. Seriously, Google the guy, he made Kris Boyd look frail.

There will be young, strong, fit players who are just some good full time coaching away from being able to play at a better level (whether or not it's this level is another story) and hopefully Whitehall and Hooper are in that category. Not everyone progresses by the time they're 22 and just because you've dropped to that level doesn't mean at 25 you haven't added to your game. On the other hand there are some guys in that league who look like Sunday league lads who have enough ability to get by, I can see why you'd go short term in case you've accidentally signed the latter.

Not a patch on York City’s Sweeper Steve McNulty. Google him!

Edited by KenVaagen1984

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

Utter mince, he was hopeless. Made Kebamba look world class when he came on.

Got my doubts about him, scored a decent goal but his all round play is poor. End of the day if a striker scores he’s doing his job but definitely not convinced 

Given the same amount of match time I think he’d outscore Kabamba. Not sure he’s got all the attributes we really want in a striker. It’s hard to tell what kind of player he actually is so far. His hold up and link play has been ok and he’s got two league goals in two starts which isn’t to be sniffed at.

If possible I’d be out looking for a starting striker. Whether he’s still got it or not I’m not sure but Stewart fits the role for me still. Can play upfront himself or in a two, can play off the front or either wing, scores and creates, has a ruthless streak I’m not sure our other strikers do.