Danny Whitehall

jazza

There’s something not quite right about the whole Whitehall thing. Despite him being here for six months there doesn’t seem to be a proper opinion of him formed by those inside the club. He was here on an extended trial in the summer only to earn a short term deal. It took months for the manager to show any faith in him. Even now after seeing him for half a season he’s only deemed worth another six months.

59 minutes ago, Bellman2010 said:

Kilmarnock are set to offer Danny Whitehall a deal until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old, who is out of contract this month, has scored two goals in his last two outings.

Alex Dyer wants to get him tied up as there is uncertainty surrounding Eamonn Brophy’s future, after he signed a pre-contract with St Mirren and he could move there this month.

Dyer took a chance on Englishman Whitehall when he took him in on a short-term deal from Maidenhead United in the summer.

It took Whitehall time to get up to the speed of full-time football, but he is now making an impression at Rugby Park.

The Ayrshire outfit are also keen on striker Andre Wright after he left Irish side Bohemians on freedom of contract.

Killie are also set to extend the loan of keeper Colin Doyle from Hearts.

His deal was also up this month but Dyer wants to extend that to provide competition for Danny Rogers.

Meanwhile, new Kilmarnock midfielder Diaguely Dabo has admitted having his friend Youssouf Mulumbu at Rugby Park was a massive pull for him.

The Frenchman, who was previously at Stevenage, confirmed: “I know Yousouff from back in France. “He had helped me with the language and to adapt. “I am so happy to have him with me.”

The 28-year-old has vowed to give some more power and strength to the Killie engine room.

He said: “I’m aggressive, technical and athletic. “I like working hard for the team.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-whitehall-earns-new-kilmarnock-23267473

I must admit to a smirk when I read his last comment 

33 minutes ago, piffer said:

There’s something not quite right about the whole Whitehall thing. Despite him being here for six months there doesn’t seem to be a proper opinion of him formed by those inside the club. He was here on an extended trial in the summer only to earn a short term deal. It took months for the manager to show any faith in him. Even now after seeing him for half a season he’s only deemed worth another six months.

Only Dyer could have a player for over 6 months and still not be able to make a decision about him. It just sums him up as a manager. 

To be honest am not sure about whitehall aye he’s scored a couple of goals in the last 2 games but lacks pace and his first touch is honking, think he would be ok if we had pace to play off him but sadly we don’t. 

and given out 6 month contracts clearly shows that we’re not 100% convinced on him as a club 

I think the point is that there is a formed opinion of him and its that he's not very good.

But there's a context, the striker market is a difficult market to get good value and when we have brophy nearly signed away to St. Mirren and rumours of Kabamba leaving too, it makes sense to keep our other recognised first team striker (Even if he is playing at a level a few divisions above his standard)

6 months gets us through to the end of the season and more time for a look at a better market.

Edited by Nutz1869

44 minutes ago, Nutz1869 said:

I think the point is that there is a formed opinion of him and its that he's not very good.

But there's a context, the striker market is a difficult market to get good value and when we have brophy nearly signed away to St. Mirren and rumours of Kabamba leaving too, it makes sense to keep our other recognised first team striker (Even if he is playing at a level a few divisions above his standard)

6 months gets us through to the end of the season and more time for a look at a better market.

The market shrinks if you're in the league below

2 hours ago, piffer said:

For once I’m with the establishment here. I can’t make up my mind on Whitehall and therefore a short term deal makes most sense. Yes, he may bang in another 10 goals till season ends but equally he could amble around in a in a 10 foot radius on the edge of the penalty area without impacting another game. If it had not been for the 4 goals he would be out of here. He doesn’t have good movement, touch or a clever footballing brain. But (and it’s a big but) he has scored goals when started and at a good rate. He may be a kris boyd type - a penalty box predator that we desperately need and are rare birds these days. We do run the risk of losing him if he hits a good streak but I’ve not seen enough to offer a longer term deal. Hopefully he does well, likes it here and goes onto a longer term deal prior to summer. But I’m really not sure.

4 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

For once I’m with the establishment here. I can’t make up my mind on Whitehall and therefore a short term deal makes most sense. Yes, he may bang in another 10 goals till season ends but equally he could amble around in a in a 10 foot radius on the edge of the penalty area without impacting another game. If it had not been for the 4 goals he would be out of here. He doesn’t have good movement, touch or a clever footballing brain. But (and it’s a big but) he has scored goals when started and at a good rate. He may be a kris boyd type - a penalty box predator that we desperately need and are rare birds these days. We do run the risk of losing him if he hits a good streak but I’ve not seen enough to offer a longer term deal. Hopefully he does well, likes it here and goes onto a longer term deal prior to summer. But I’m really not sure.

It’s fine for us as fans not being able to make our minds up on him. Dyer had him for good a few weeks before we offered him a short term deal. He’s seen him train for months. He’s watched him in a number of games against different levels of opposition. He should have formed a decent assessment of the player now. 

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

It’s fine for us as fans not being able to make our minds up on him. Dyer had him for good a few weeks before we offered him a short term deal. He’s seen him train for months. He’s watched him in a number of games against different levels of opposition. He should have formed a decent assessment of the player now. 

Fair point.

1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Kilmarnock boss Alex Dyer wants to get Danny Whitehall and Youssouf Mulumbu's futures sorted out this week.

Both players are out of contract this month after only signing short-term deals last summer.

Hopefully another 6 month deal for Whitehall - wouldnt want to be pinning our hopes on him for years to come. 

Reckon he would score a barrel load in the championship though...