Harry McKirdy

JF9681

Harry McKirdy who plays as a left winger/striker for Carlisle United would be a great signing for us! He’s 23, pacey, creative and can score goals, and would probably go straight into the team! Plus he is young enough and has a lot of potential to improve. He scored 11 goals and had 7 assistes in 38 games for Carlisle last season. Just the kind of player we need in my opinion! I heard he is out of contract this summer, don’t know how true it is. He scored a goal against Cardiff City in the FA cup, the match finished 2-2, then even though they lost the replay to Cardiff 4-3, he scored 2 of the goals and looked their best player! Would be a good signing!

4 minutes ago, JF9681 said:

Harry McKirdy who plays as a left winger/striker for Carlisle United would be a great signing for us! He’s 23, pacey, creative and can score goals, and would probably go straight into the team! Plus he is young enough and has a lot of potential to improve. He scored 11 goals and had 7 assistes in 38 games for Carlisle last season. Just the kind of player we need in my opinion! I heard he is out of contract this summer, don’t know how true it is. He scored a goal against Cardiff City in the FA cup, the match finished 2-2, then even though they lost the replay to Cardiff 4-3, he scored 2 of the goals and looked their best player! Would be a good signing!

Decent player but bad attitude

2 minutes ago, YNTTK1869 said:

Would still take him to be honest. Has been able to prove himself at a good level and If we want to finish in the top 6 next season we need that kind of player that can run at defence, create chances and chip in with a few goals. Might not have the best attitude but he’s still young. Would give him a chance.

12 minutes ago, JF9681 said:

Welcome to these forums , ........hope your not on a percentage ....

fair number of players will be hawked around clubs ...in the current climate eager for a contract 

Edited by Scouser2

1 hour ago, JF9681 said:

Hi Harry how's it going pal?

1 hour ago, YNTTK1869 said:

1 hour ago, JF9681 said:

Would still take him to be honest.

Aye, but would Dyer & Fowler? 

It's been mentioned in both interview & by others on this site, they look quite closely into a players character & background.

Reading some of the media stuff sounds a bit of a Billy Bigbaws.

Still Jack Byrne came to us with a bit of a reputation when Steve Clarke was here and though it didn't work out for him at Killie he's done fantastic since going home to Ireland.

Some players need to grow up and screw their head on who knows maybe the penny will drop for Harry McKirdy now Carlisle have released him.

Pretty sure Kevin Nisbet was a bit like that in his younger days, but dropping down the leagues and concentrating on his game without off field distractions has worked in his favour now.

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Some players need to grow up and screw their head on who knows maybe the penny will drop for Harry McKirdy now Carlisle have released him.

Possibly, in my opinion he deserves a chance at a higher level, whether that’s at Killie or somewhere else. A lot of the media stuff is recent and I think it would be unfair if he didn’t get a chance with a better team. Im sure with the right team he’ll mature, and maybe getting released From Carlisle will be the best thing for his career. Only time will tell I guess. Just thought it would be a good shout since his contract is up. I know his attitude hasn’t been great recently and some clubs may be put off by that and I completely see why but I still think he’s a good player and would most likely do well if he was to sign. Maybe a short contract? He is still only 23 and Of course there will be more players out there like him but still believe he is worth looking into. If he did come I’m sure he’d want to impress the likes of Celtic and Rangers. 

4 minutes ago, JF9681 said:

Possibly, in my opinion he deserves a chance at a higher level, whether that’s at Killie or somewhere else. A lot of the media stuff is recent and I think it would be unfair if he didn’t get a chance with a better team. Im sure with the right team he’ll mature, and maybe getting released From Carlisle will be the best thing for his career. Only time will tell I guess. Just thought it would be a good shout since his contract is up. I know his attitude hasn’t been great recently and some clubs may be put off by that and I completely see why but I still think he’s a good player and would most likely do well if he was to sign. Maybe a short contract? He is still only 23 and Of course there will be more players out there like him but still believe he is worth looking into. If he did come I’m sure he’d want to impress the likes of Celtic and Rangers. 

So he wants to play for us just so he can impress “them”?........

No thanks 

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

So he wants to play for us just so he can impress “them”?........

No thanks 

See tbh, a lot of players we already have will be doing the same. Especially young players. It happens at Every team in Scotland. It’s just reality. Not saying every player, and not saying the players don’t give their all for the club they are at, but it happens everywhere

5 hours ago, JF9681 said:

I live in Dumfries and usually get to a few Carlisle games during the season when I can’t get to see Killie. He’s a decent player with plenty skill, ability and attitude.

He has a love hate relationship with the fans and has reacted to them at games on more than one occasion. He was looking at being their top scorer this season. He went awol to watch Chelsea when he apparently had a virus and couldn’t play or train. The friends I have who support Carlisle say he is hard to manage and that’s the reason he’s been released. A good example of a player spiralling down the leagues. Salary wise, Carlisle average about £1250 a week. Main issues will be his appetite and attitude not his ability. I would say he’s heading for non league football, as there’s not many teams below Carlisle in the league. Definitely a marked man with other managers 

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

xD Aye whatever.

Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians would hold their own against most teams in Scotland's top league. 

Indeed, and any one of them would absolutely batter his gran about 100-0. Was she going to play in goals? She would still need to be fkn ace to keep the score in double figures. 

7 hours ago, JF9681 said:

Hi Harry 

4 minutes ago, tommybunnett said:

Straight away this looked like a player/agent pretending to be a Killie fan, trying to drum up some interest on a team's forum. Then this line confirmed it.

Personally, I'm going to file under Jordan WATP Jones and move on.