Season 20/21 Fixture list

Scouser2

47 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Can just see the summation....

And so your honour from my vantage on the pitch, Hearts were in fact irrefutibly pishier than pishy mcpish who was so bursting for a pish he pished himself, and there case holds no justificstion and should be thrown out.

Feckin brilliant just about pished myself reading this.

1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

According to the Edinburgh times the fixture list is to be revealed on thd 3rd of July

Does anyone think the first Glasgow derby will be played behind closed doors?

Or is it more likely the SPL will the hold it back as late as possible so the supporters can get in?

This would be unfair to other teams, if walk-ups were allowed, giving one of the sisters access to additional cash income.

Just using them as an example as, sadly, they would attract a bigger crowd.

Just now, a1killiefan said:

Does anyone think the first Glasgow derby will be played behind closed doors?

Or is it more likely the SPL will the hold it back as late as possible so the supporters can get in?

This would be unfair to other teams, if walk-ups were allowed, giving one of the sisters access to additional cash income.

Just using them as an example as, sadly, they would attract a bigger crowd.

I think SKY could possibly dictate when the ugly sisters meet.

17 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

closed doors would suit them. potentially 50k+ extra viewers.

Potential to print money for them with the added bonus of reduced security costs etc.

I bet Police Scotland would be greatful for closed doors to, given the recent events around George Square.....

Edited by C4mmy31

Scottish Premiership clubs could face playing four games in eight days next season, the SPFL has warned.

The league body will also speak to Sky Sports about not scheduling matches on Sundays before Scotland's Euro 2020 play-offs to ease the burden.

The January winter break has been scrapped to accommodate postponed European and international fixtures.

"The stress on the SPFL fixture calendar next season is going to be enormous," secretary Iain Blair said.

"There is a very real risk that several teams will be forced to play four matches in eight days - and perhaps more than once - which would be a nightmare for players and fans alike.

"I'm afraid to say there are real and justified fears over the resilience of the forthcoming current fixture schedule, given everything the game is dealing with currently."

The league says there are only 34 available fixture dates to complete the 33 pre-split rounds of games, leaving little room for Scottish Cup replays or weather-enforced postponements.

Last season's Scottish Cup is still to completed on top of other domestic, international and European fixtures.

Scotland face eight games in three months from September as they play their postponed Euro 2020 play-off with Israel and Nations League matches.

Head coach Steve Clarke has maintained he would like league matches before the play-off to be postponed, and Blair says the Scottish FA want two rounds delayed before the Israel match on 8 October.

But he added despite the SPFL being "very keen" to help, it is "simply not possible" due to the current congestion.

"We have committed to liaising with Sky Sports to encourage them to avoid scheduling live matches on the Sunday before the Scotland games, unless that fixture has been shifted to the Sunday because of Uefa Europa League commitments the previous midweek."

No winter break, a home game against St. Mirren on 2nd or 3rd would be good. Guaranteed this will be a severe winter when we have no break. 

Cold Firm derby would normally be around fixture 9 - 10 or after so they can build it up as potential title decider even though there is still 20 odd fixtures still to go. 

Plus how can they transmit the sectarianism if its behind closed doors. would mean someone playing orange walk or republican equivalent through the tannoy  

Will be another different kind of season ahead.....lack of usual preseason games or Betfred fixtures, no winter break , Higher number of midweek games with extra dates available as countries allowed to schedule their top league games on CL nights without any financial penalty ......

7 minutes ago, trenwick said:

Surely better to schedule less at start when fans can't attend & more when the can as i'm sure i've heard football without fans is nothing

Every year we have hardly any games in August and September when the weather is decent then try and cram loads of games in February and March when the weather is crap.

On 7/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, skygod said:

With the fixtures being announced on Monday I'm curious as to what peoples opinions are. With no teams likely able to play a single game of pre season before the first fixture would it be preferable to play one of the old filth early when both teams are raw or have a couple of games against the likes of St Mirren, Ross County etc so the team is firing better (and hopefully have a couple of wins for momentum) before we play either the old filth?

10 minutes ago, MuirP said:

With the fixtures being announced on Monday I'm curious as to what peoples opinions are. With no teams likely able to play a single game of pre season before the first fixture would it be preferable to play one of the old filth early when both teams are raw or have a couple of games against the likes of St Mirren, Ross County etc so the team is firing better (and hopefully have a couple of wins for momentum) before we play either the old filth?

Did we have friendlies last season? Was that the one where we played a 'pub team' the week prior to the hun game?

We could play married men against the singletons like we did in training in Malta in the early 90s i suppose.

Might be said it’s the same for every season , but we really do need to get off to a decent start in the league this time around and too see evidence that there is reasons for optimism this season . Clubs will have the odd closed door friendlies before season start but most clubs will still take a few weeks of the league to get match sharp and used to the conditions 

Home start v likes of a Ross County or Hamilton would be ok , and perhaps getting away game next in Glasgow ......Given will be a fair few weeks / months before even some fans are allowed back would hope for a few more away than home in the first month or so 

1 minute ago, CB said:

Did we have friendlies last season? Was that the one where we played a 'pub team' the week prior to the hun game?

We could play married men against the singletons like we did in training in Malta in the early 90s i suppose.

We played Dinamo Bucharest and Gaz Metan at our training camp remember. Both matches very poor.

1 hour ago, CB said:

Supposed to play stewarton United at RP until there was a massive furore and they then put out the youth team. Did we no play Motherwell behind closed doors just after?