Season 20/21 Fixture list

Scouser2

3 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Also been announce that BBC sportscene is now back on Saturday nights , with the new contract .....hopefully will be more than a few minutes of (Positive ) highlights from our games 

One of the few positives of this pandemic has been the absence of Steven Thompson from my TV screen 

5 hours ago, YNTTK1869 said:

Magically the old firm is the last game in the first round of fixtures

Nothing magic about it religion always has an input when it comes to the twisted sisters when football scheduling is involved in our country unfortunately !

7 hours ago, Fudger said:

Anyone else immediately look at the first fixture and then go straight to the festive fixtures?

Quite happy with those fixtures to be honest.  

Opening day 

Halloween (my birthday) 

Festive. 

In that order 

11 hours ago, No.1 Jimmy said:

Maybe I’ve missed something, but why are most of the games on Saturday at 3? 
Why aren’t the games spread out more like on Friday nights or Saturday nights. If there’s no crowds what does it matter? 

Sky are dictating when fixtures are played and keeping 1500 Saturday games. Why aren’t we allowed to sell additional packages. Sky pay for x games a season. Why aren’t the SPFL making more packages available to Sky or BT, BBC, STV, Amazon, Netflix or anyone else. They keep going on about they’ll be the only product on show in August but are restricting the access people get to the product. Every game should be available for watching and not just through club streams. 

16 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Does anyone know if BBC Scotland or Alba will air live games. Much like they do with the not so big premier league sides.

BBC Scotland has the lower leagues. Alba has delayed. And Sky has live prem, as far as I'm aware. You will get same day Sportscene on bbc1, there's that. Saturday night, after the late news.

Will our first home game be available free to ST holders , that seemed the wording re ST offer .......have seen it now suggested by some clubs that any game picked by SKY for Live TV ,  will not be available to be shown to a clubs uk customers ? 

Edited by Scouser2

6 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Will our first home game be available free to ST holders , that seemed the wording re ST offer .......have seen it now suggested by some clubs that any game picked by SKY for Live TV ,  will not be available to be shown to a clubs uk customers ? 

While fans are not allowed into Rugby Park, you’ll have full access to watch all home league matches live through our virtual season pass platform, and we will ensure you still feel part of the action.

With that wording the club will either need to show it or offer a free pass to watch it on Sky. 

On 7/6/2020 at 10:10 PM, piffer said:

Sky are dictating when fixtures are played and keeping 1500 Saturday games. Why aren’t we allowed to sell additional packages. Sky pay for x games a season. Why aren’t the SPFL making more packages available to Sky or BT, BBC, STV, Amazon, Netflix or anyone else. They keep going on about they’ll be the only product on show in August but are restricting the access people get to the product. Every game should be available for watching and not just through club streams. 

Because they’ve paid a premium for exclusivity I suppose and it would be highly diluted if other providers then had live coverage. That would’ve needed to be done at the initial bidding process like the EPL do and sell it in various packages

The Court of Session(?) kicked their case out as falling to be dealt with by the SFA under the arbitration clause in the Articles of Association, right?

I wonder how much that cost all the parties. The clubs' costs were met by a benefactor, weren't they?

They might find themselves having to pay a fine equivalent to the SFA's costs now! 

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

The Court of Session(?) kicked their case out as falling to be dealt with by the SFA under the arbitration clause in the Articles of Association, right?

I wonder how much that cause all the parties. The clubs' costs were met by a benefactor, weren't they?

They might find themselves having to pay a fine equivalent to the SFA's costs now! 

Could lead to expulsion from Scottish Football. I can see a few closed doors conversations happening now. SFA threaten to boot them out. Hearts and Thistle settle undisclosed with SPFL. And things go back to whatever is going to be considered normal going forward.