Alex Dyer Megathread™

piffer

So now the season has been called and Alex Dyer was given the job till this time, can we expect an announcement? 

Obviously next season is up in the air at the moment, but it's vital we are prepared. 

Permanent manager in place, players lined up not our usual last minute carry on. 

For all his faults, Lee McCulloch did his ground work early regarding players, unfortunately for him it took Steve Clarke to get the best out of them. 

12 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

So now the season has been called and Alex Dyer was given the job till this time, can we expect an announcement?

He would have been given a contract with an end date - the end of May or June, most likely.

Today's decision in itself changes nothing. Doesn't mean their won't be an announcement though.

3 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

From a board point of view, due to current circumstances, there would be no rush to make a decision. 

That’s what got us AA last year . I’d like the board to be more proactive this time , announce early we are keeping Dyer or get shot of him and advertise the position . 
I’d prefer the letter . 

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

League being called is only the start. We need to know if and when we'll be playing before contracts get signed by anyone I think. 

Not really. Players could still sign pre-contract agreements which would get round that issue and could commence upon fixtures for the league being announced.  

13 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

Not really. Players could still sign pre-contract agreements which would get round that issue and could commence upon fixtures for the league being announced.  

But you woupdn’t know the start date of the contract. 

Any player worth his salt would only sign a PCA to coincide with his current contract expiring. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

But you woupdn’t know the start date of the contract. 

Any player worth his salt would only sign a PCA to coincide with his current contract expiring. 

The conclusion date of the Pre-contract (Which is still a contract) would be the start date for that particular contract. The start date for the contract which the player will eventually sign as that’s how pre-contracts work will be determined in the pre-contract as a description rather than a date I.e. the commencement of the contract will be the date upon which the fixtures are announced in respect of the next full scottish premiership season (or something along those lines).  

22 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

The conclusion date of the Pre-contract (Which is still a contract) would be the start date for that particular contract. The start date for the contract which the player will eventually sign as that’s how pre-contracts work will be determined in the pre-contract as a description rather than a date I.e. the commencement of the contract will be the date upon which the fixtures are announced in respect of the next full scottish premiership season (or something along those lines).  

Put it this way: Club A offers a PCA     with an agreement to sign a contract commencing on 1 July 2020. 

Club B offers a PCA with an agreement to sign a contract commencing on the date on which fixtures are announced. 

Which are you going to sign?

Even if there was no alternative offer on the table, would anybody but a desperado sign for Club B? 

They would probably try to find a club in another country where football has a firm restart date.  

6 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Dyer and donati should be gone. Start afresh next season. 

Donati should be hunted for his constant shagging of Celtic on twitter let alone the fact he’s a s**t coach. 

I follow Donati on Twitter and to say he is constantly shagging Celtic is a pile of s**te. 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Put it this way: Club A offers a PCA     with an agreement to sign a contract commencing on 1 July 2020. 

Club B offers a PCA with an agreement to sign a contract commencing on the date on which fixtures are announced. 

Which are you going to sign?

Even if there was no alternative offer on the table, would anybody but a desperado sign for Club B? 

They would probably try to find a club in another country where football has a firm restart date.  

I agree with all of that but that wasn’t the initial point which was made by Mitch14 which I was responding to.

You then made a point about not knowing the start date which all I was saying was that this is pretty irrelevant contractually.

1 hour ago, Maverick11 said:

Point being, if the situation worsens and we can't even play behind closed doors until January then we will need to free up every bit of money we can - as will most of the other clubs. 

I don't think it will get to that, but I do think the clubs will all wait until things are clearer before making moves. 

I get the feeling this transfer window could be a bit of a grubby experience. Clubs taking risks to sign players up before their own club can commit to it, etc. I see Rangers are already sniffing around Lewis Ferguson when you'd expect Aberdeen might have to accept less money. 

5 hours ago, Guff92 said:

We should be looking for a new manager.

Agreed. Now with the league being concluded we should at least put out the vacancy call. And start approaching manager's thru video call. Then once a new boss is appointed they can then decide who to keep and who to chuck.

Happy for Dyer to stay but Donati can get lost.

18 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Then once a new boss is appointed they can then decide who to keep and who to chuck. 

Serious question - how? 

They can't meet them or see them train for weeks, possibly months. 

Even at that, they can only see them in small groups. 

Surely there is no alternative to the reality of that being that by the time a new manager has assessed the squad other teams will have already been doing business? 

Normal circumstances I'd be after a new manager, I think it's getting more and more risky to change by the week.