Alex Dyer Megathread™

piffer

1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Happy for Dyer to stay but Donati can get lost.

If Dyer isn’t going to be the manager then I don’t see how he can stay this time. Rightly or wrongly he was forced upon AA last summer. IMO it would be a mistake to force a coaching staff on any incoming manager again. 

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

If Dyer isn’t going to be the manager then I don’t see how he can stay this time. Rightly or wrongly he was forced upon AA last summer. IMO it would be a mistake to force a coaching staff on any incoming manager again. 

I think the board might have thought that it would have been harsh to have have ditched him after what had been achieved last season.

Now he's had three years' employment, raised his profile and been appointed Scotland assistant manager. Not bad for someone who was coaching in the National League South and he has deserved his success.

I'm sure BB will stand up for him but I can't see him taking us up the table, whenever football resumes.

6 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

It should have been AA's decision on whether to keep Dyer or not. The first mistake the club made was announcing he was staying before they even knew who the next manager was going to be

I wonder if Steve Clarke would have offered him a full time job as Scotland assistant if he hadn’t been contracted to Killie. If so, the Board should have let him go and allow Alessio to bring his own man. 

1 hour ago, Boabkfc19 said:

Dyer will be our manager next season imo.. Far too much f**king about (again) if we bring in a new guy..  Players seem to like and enjoy his sessions so fingers x we hit the ground running this time.

I’m not really caring if the players like him and enjoy his sessions. It’s a results driven business. The players also liked Locke and McCulloch. We wouldn’t have them back

1 hour ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

I wonder if Steve Clarke would have offered him a full time job as Scotland assistant if he hadn’t been contracted to Killie. If so, the Board should have let him go and allow Alessio to bring his own man. 

The Scotland assistants are not full-time, so this was never an option.

21 hours ago, Twonky65 said:

Looking forward to the setup with Dyer getting a full pre-season in charge.

The farce last season under Alessio cannot be downplayed.

Yes, the farce that had has higher up the league than where we finished.

Wasn't half as big a farce as re-signing Broadfoot and a guy that hadn't played since September in the January transfer window.

Edited by historyman

I can't honestly say we saw enough of Dyer for me to judge one way or the other if he has it or not. He took over when we were more or less in disarray if the rumours of fall outs with AA were true, and there were a lot of rumours. He then had a spell where we looked the best we had all season, we were back playing good football and picking up results. We wobbled after that with a few unfortunate results where we performed better then what we achieved, his ill judged sub in the cup seemed to send the doubters into overdrive. We weren't looking like fully recovering toward the pandemic but we weren't looking like plummeting either.

I can't see us giving ourselves an additional job of replacing a manager when we already have so many players to get in and so much uncertainty over next season. I think Dyer will be here for at least another season and if he gets us playing the way we were when we were doing well then all the best to him. To call him a flop is definitely an exaggeration, especially to a man taking charge half way through a season and did get the 9 points from 9 recovery that we very much needed at that point. IMO he did ok, no better, no worse.

Edited by Fletch

19 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I can't see us giving ourselves an additional job of replacing a manager when we already have so many players to get in .....

I know what you mean but, if you don’t have the right manager in place, it doesn’t matter as much which players you bring in.  

1 hour ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

Its prob Dyers job. Not for me but that's what we will end up with. If,and it's a big if the board want a change they would have done it before now. 

Steve clarke is what you get when you pay for it. I still hope the board pull out another gem like that.

I hope we pull out another gem like that too, but SSC was a one off. Everything fell into place and the board only had to offer him a decent contract to get him into the job, I doubt if money had much to do with it.