Alex Dyer Megathread™

piffer

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Very surprised to see people comparing Dyer to Locke or McCulloch, talk about harsh.

Those two were genuinely clueless. Literally fielding sides with no direction, no plan, players playing out of position. Sides that genuinely either couldn't string two passes together or bypassed the midfield and didn't even try to play football.

Dyer maybe hasn't completely set the heather alight run but to compare him to that is embarrassing. Go back and watch what we were like then, ridiculous comparisons.

Gary Locke worst killie manager i have seen in supporting killie in nearly 50 years

2 hours ago, Secret Squirrel said:

I got your point about SAF pretty well, just you are ignoring the key point that I put in my post, one had a pedigree of winning titles and so earned the right to take his time while another is completely untested, do you think Klopp would have been given three years at Liverpool without winning anything if it had not been for the fact that people knew from his time at Dortmund that he could win trophies?

You say my opinion is "just plain wrong" what utter nonsense. I have actually provided evidence based on data and metrics gathered from Dyers time as our manager, you have provided nothing but subjective opinions backed up with no evidence to speak of. 

Just checked SAF first managerial job stats.

image.png.54c66eb950b20229ef309bc2beb4de05.png

Interestingly 17 games v 15 win ratios at 52.6%, comparison seems to be in Fergie's favour.

Comment from a senior pro was 

image.png.d40442eb953987124834cb839ab51312.png

I'm sure it was East Stirlingshire's best ever record

Glad the club have made a decision. I don’t necessarily agree with it but I’ll back it. I find that Sky interview strange though. Bowie announcing it before anything is actually in place. And his whole patter about understanding the club. The majority of folk on here understand the club a lot more than Dyer but he wouldn’t appoint them. 
Any all the best Alex

52 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Its so depressing reading this forum at the moment and have variations of this comment on every thread. 

What does that mean? Like actually what does that mean, other than a dig at the players? If it was that, how would Dyer know? How would the players know? 

And he was keeping a player who he knew would almost certainly be leaving happy? That doesn't make sense. 

And this is troublesome Gary Dicker? Who is living away from his wife and kid for the whole season, helped install the rail seating in the ground and has signed up for another year to go through all that again? Does that make sense? 

I find it so odd that our fans turned against the players to the extent that they did. The possibility that the players didn't like working with Alessio because he was completely out of his depth and a disaster behind the scenes seems to have just been dismissed by so many fans. 

Is this all we have to look forward to as Killie fans at the moment? Constant digs at the manager and the captain until we win a few games? A grim old close season ahead. 

Well said 

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Its so depressing reading this forum at the moment and have variations of this comment on every thread. 

What does that mean? Like actually what does that mean, other than a dig at the players? If it was that, how would Dyer know? How would the players know? 

And he was keeping a player who he knew would almost certainly be leaving happy? That doesn't make sense. 

And this is troublesome Gary Dicker? Who is living away from his wife and kid for the whole season, helped install the rail seating in the ground and has signed up for another year to go through all that again? Does that make sense? 

I find it so odd that our fans turned against the players to the extent that they did. The possibility that the players didn't like working with Alessio because he was completely out of his depth and a disaster behind the scenes seems to have just been dismissed by so many fans. 

Is this all we have to look forward to as Killie fans at the moment? Constant digs at the manager and the captain until we win a few games? A grim old close season ahead. 

"Troublesome Gary Dicker" wasnt a myth. It was facts. Undermining Alessio along with other. Alex Bruce being a huge culprit. 

So you say signed on for another year etc. If we get the Dicker under Clarke then great, fantastic. But otherwise Gary Dicker could well have signed on for another year knowing he could swan about doing as he pleases with Dyer at the helm.

10 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

"Troublesome Gary Dicker" wasnt a myth. It was facts. Undermining Alessio along with other. Alex Bruce being a huge culprit. 

So you say signed on for another year etc. If we get the Dicker under Clarke then great, fantastic. But otherwise Gary Dicker could well have signed on for another year knowing he could swan about doing as he pleases with Dyer at the helm.

What fact though? Seriously, please explain the facts? I saw a captain perform professionally, deal well with the media and do what was asked of him. 

And "swan about"? The consistent complaint was that they weren't working hard enough. They set up a group to do extra running. 

If I'm wrong then please explain the facts that prove it? 

The Dicker under Clarke had wing backs that were allowed to go beyond the half way line, a player between him and the strikers who wasn't a defensive midfielder and a team allowed to get forward. Could that have something to do with it? 

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

Good guess with dicker. He did cause a few issues for alessio (legitimate concerns) but as the captain he was asked to raise them by his team mates.

Your Alex Bruce statement is well off so I’m pretty sure you are just guessing/ making up statements and passing them off as facts.

10 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

Translation; Dicker, Power, Broadfoot and O'Donnell might not like them.

Another reason why he should never get the job

The Alessio thing didn't work out, get over it.

Having a dig at Power, you should get a ban for that.

Edited by Fletch

2 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

It didn't click between Alessio and Dicker, or many players seemingly. That doesn't mean Dicker is going to be a troublemaker going forward.

People need to get off the case of players who have given us an incredible amount while they've been here.

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

Good guess with dicker. He did cause a few issues for alessio (legitimate concerns) but as the captain he was asked to raise them by his team mates.

Your Alex Bruce statement is well off so I’m pretty sure you are just guessing/ making up statements and passing them off as facts.

It's not guessing. And if it's not true about Bruce. Then I can only apologise but I got that info from inside the dressing room. 

Make of that what you wish

Just now, Ngonge88 said:

It's not guessing. And if it's not true about Bruce. Then I can only apologise but I got that info from inside the dressing room. 

Who cares? It's done.

Have you never had a relationship where you didn't see eye to eye with someone? That doesn't mean you're going to make an issue with everyone else going forward.

Dicker, SOD, Broadfoot didn't get on with AA. It's in the past, it's gone. A few of our best players who went through it and genuinely know what happened are still here. How about we stop jumping down their throat over a project that didn't work out and just drop it and move forward?

This constant "he understands Kilmarnock" just sounds like another way of saying he's happy working on a shoe string budget. Felt the same when he said it around Christmas.

While I have very little expectation of Dyer being a success, if he introduced some of the younger players and plays them consistently that would be one positive, even if we don't finish that high up the league

The players got Alessio the boot. That’s something they should all be totally embarrassed about and they didn’t cover themselves in glory with many of their performances under Dyer. 
And if Dyer deserves more games before he is judged then why shouldn’t Alessio have got the same. 

Edited by historyman

As with many have doubts about AD and frustrations over perceived failings for some of the games he was in charge....game at Perth a prime example ...but the choice has been made and can but hope it’s proved successful 

On looking back some might say we finished  7th or  more factually in fact 8th , despite things like 

having a badly organised summer recruitment and in most cases not replacing the quality players we lost in several vital areas 

bringing in a Manager very very new to Scottish football , with his own ideas to radically change how a successful team played and then telling him he had to work with some of the existing coaches .....and not backing him in what was meant to be a bigger playing budget 
The calamity of the European games 

talk of dressing room fall outs and arguments with non playing staff , 
removing a Manager but then taking far too long before ending up confirming AD in charge ...and again having a poor recruitment window in January both in terms of quality and quantity ....which left us with a very limited squad 

before SC arrived , achieving 8th place would be seen by many fans to be a relatively decent season , Yes It should been better season and the club failed to build on the success and good feeling gained.....but there is a lot to be thankful for and hope springs eternal 

Edited by Scouser2
error corrected

31 minutes ago, historyman said:

The players got Alessio the boot. That’s something they should all be totally embarrassed about and they didn’t cover themselves in glory with many of their performances under Dyer. 
And if Dyer deserves more games before he is judged then why shouldn’t Alessio have got the same. 

It was clearly toxic by the time he got the boot.

Stop comparing the situations, the Alessio situation was clearly not normal in any way.

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

As with many have doubts about AD and frustrations over perceived failings for some of the games he was in charge....game at Perth a prime example ...but the choice has been made and can but hope it’s proved successful 

On looking back some might say we finished a credible 7th , despite things like 

having a badly organised summer recruitment and in most cases not replacing the quality players we lost in several vital areas 

bringing in a Manager very very new to Scottish football , with his own ideas to radically change how a successful team played and then telling him he had to work with some of the existing coaches .....and not backing him in what was meant to be a bigger playing budget 
The calamity of the European games 

talk of dressing room fall outs and arguments with non playing staff , 
removing a Manager but then taking far too long before ending up confirming AD in charge ...and again having a poor recruitment window in January both in terms of quality and quantity ....which left us with a very limited squad 

before SC arrived , achieving a 7th place would be seen by many fans to be a relatively decent season , Yes It should been better season and the club failed to build on the success and good feeling gained.....but there is a lot to be thankful for and hope springs eternal 

We finished 8th. 

2 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Come on then - what's the info? What are the facts that we are missing? 

All the dressing room/close to the club sources I've heard have said that Alessio was an utter disaster and the the whole setup was embarrassing from day one. Enough different people giving pretty much the same story, and citing the same incidents, is all I've had to go on. 

If thats not true then I'd genuinely like to know what was going on, because we haven't got it from the club (for understandable reasons probably in line with agreements re the severance etc). 

I just can't square the idea that Dicker wants to swan about and have an easy life with him living hundreds of miles from his family in a flat with a youth player and being so vocal about wanting to work harder. 

Who cares? It's done.

Have you never had a relationship where you didn't see eye to eye with someone? That doesn't mean you're going to make an issue with everyone else going forward.

Dicker, SOD, Broadfoot didn't get on with AA. It's in the past, it's gone. A few of our best players who went through it and genuinely know what happened are still here. How about we stop jumping down their throat over a project that didn't work out and just drop it and move forward?

All of whom were out of contract at the end of the season. The chance to go in another direction (which the board wanted originally) was under way and if the players didn’t buy into it then tough there is the door. Instead we scrapped that plan and ditched our manager with no plan or idea of what we wanted. Backed the players by putting their buddy in the hotseat yet we’re still left a team who seemed to blow hot and cold yet had lost the tactical discipline which had been so apparent under Clarke and AA. 
Forgive me for not buying into the idea of AD is the saviour but I haven’t seen a shred of evidence that suggests that he is a better option than AA other than the players are happier.

Cant believe this argument about how good AA was still being trotted out. He came in with a cracking CV as a coach and assistant manager but it never materialised into being a Manager He was not a Leader, his contacts who were going to loan us players never materialised in any numbers or quality except Del Fabro. Niko was also ok at first, the rest of what he brought in was crap. He was a dead man walking after the Europe fiasco, rightly so.

Alex Dyer is our Manager now if he fails he will be out the door but FFS give the man a chance, he inherited a s**t show and I agree at times since taking over it has also been s**t. I was at St. Mirren away at Christmas and it was awful and AD looked out his depth but I was also at Livingston away a few weeks earlier and it was also awful, AA looked lost and that was after he had 5 months to stamp his authority on his team. Given time and backing from The Club and Supporters I'm confident in AD going forward, not all good managers start out with an impressive CV, some start out at unfashionable Clubs and build a legacy maybe we have found our man to build that here.

It was clearly toxic by the time he got the boot.

Stop comparing the situations, the Alessio situation was clearly not normal in any way.

Doesn't change what I said - the players got him sacked. Not results and not the fans. i think it's pefectly reasonable to compare the two situations and ask why you think Dyer should be given time but you were quite happy for that not to be the case with Alessio.

I don't see what is unique about the Alessio situation. Players often don't like the manager but you would expect that he would be supported by the man who brought him to the club.

I very much hope I'm wrong but I don't see Dyer lasting beyond a dozen games whenever the season starts.