Alex Dyer Megathread™

piffer

18 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

What’s the point in moaning about it, we’ve known for weeks that Alex was going to continue as manager. Let’s get behind him.

I’m not moaning about Dyer as manager. Accepted that a long time ago. I’m moaning about getting spoon fed a load of rubbish by the club captain.

Being positive, from the re-signings I think we've seen one benefit of keeping Dyer. Not sure Taylor, Kiltie and and Dicker would have stayed if there was less certainty. Who knows. 

But we really need to get the next bit right. Seeing Aaron McGowan and a good keeper come in would be a good and achieveable start. 

Interesting reading on a transfer article yesterday - half of all signings in Scotland last season came from the English leagues. And they might be extending their window into September. 

Will be a nightmare for clubs to organise this. Could conceivablu setup a good squad then lost Findlay and Brophy months from now. As that article said - all about timing. 

11 minutes ago, historyman said:

I’m not moaning about Dyer as manager. Accepted that a long time ago. I’m moaning about getting spoon fed a load of rubbish by the club captain.

So if Alessio wasted all the budget. Why was Kirk Broadfoot who we decided to spend a 2.5 year deal on? When we were screaming out for creativity. We got rid of Sow and Jackson.

I was told for a fact by someone on these forums who knows what they're talking about, that there was money to spend. Just fowler and Dyer couldn't get deals over the line.

4 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

But we really need to get the next bit right. Seeing Aaron McGowan and a good keeper come in would be a good and achieveable start. 

That is only a start.

We need two keepers, a right back, a left back, two centre halves, a centre midfielder, a left midfielder, a right midfielder and at least one striker, and thats bare minimum.

10 minutes ago, andy123 said:

we managed to attract Clarke 

He's been quite open about the circumstances.

Do you know of any top level managers from the area who want to manage the club for a massively reduced wage? If so, feel free to let Billy Bowie know.

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Do you know of any top level managers from the area who want to manage the club for a massively reduced wage? If so, feel free to let Billy Bowie know.

From what I'm lead to believe, we didnt even try. 

Bowie told us he couldn't believe the calibre of managers applying for the job last year. 

5 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

So if Alessio wasted all the budget. Why was Kirk Broadfoot who we decided to spend a 2.5 year deal on? When we were screaming out for creativity. We got rid of Sow and Jackson.

I was told for a fact by someone on these forums who knows what they're talking about, that there was money to spend. Just fowler and Dyer couldn't get deals over the line.

Don’t you think that’s what I’ve been saying? I never believed that we didn’t have money to spend given the success of the previous season and other factors yet Dicker tells us there was nothing left. I think that’s a load of absolute garbage. 

Just now, Fletch said:

No but I know Dyer has around the same win ratio as McCulloch and Locke and worse than Johnston. It's hardly inspiring. I'm not googling managers out of work, but I'm sure there is a few out there with far better credentials than Dyer available. 

It's the cheap option. 

Hope Dyer does well but the type of players we are linked with I cant see it. 

He brought broadfoot back. I like broadfoot but should never had brought him back once he went. So afraid my faith is this appointment is very limited. 

NO idea what fowler has been doing. Since he started the job I haven't seen any half decent additions to the squad

13 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Being positive, from the re-signings I think we've seen one benefit of keeping Dyer. Not sure Taylor, Kiltie and and Dicker would have stayed if there was less certainty. Who knows. 

Interesting reading on a transfer article yesterday - half of all signings in Scotland last season came from the English leagues. And they might be extending their window into September. 

Will be a nightmare for clubs to organise this. Could conceivablu setup a good squad then lost Findlay and Brophy months from now. As that article said - all about timing. 

We only lose Findlay and Brophy before next summer if we choose to let them go and any sensible manager should be working on the assumption that they do leave next summer as that’s pretty much certain to be the case. 

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, skygod said:

BB said last summer that the playing budget was being increased. 

Sounded good. After all, we had been able bring in Mulumbu, Bachmann, Stewart, Findlay, Bruce, McAleny, Millar, Tshibola, Byrne, Enobakhare and so on the previous season. 

But AA signed almost nobody of any note. El Makrini, del Fabro, Brunesco, Hamalainen and a few others I’d rather not mention. 

Fowler was appointed in November and immediately started to draw up plans for the January window with Alessio....who was then sacked. 

The January window was a big disappointment,  so much so that JF and his pursed lips had to go on Killie TV to explain how we had only signed Kabamba, Bunn and Broadfoot and brought back Kiltie and MacDonald.  

Now Dicker is saying that AA spent all the transfer budget and there was nothing left to spend in January!

We’re getting played like fiddles here.  

Bunn was a total waste of space

3 minutes ago, historyman said:

Don’t you think that’s what I’ve been saying? I never believed that we didn’t have money to spend given the success of the previous season and other factors yet Dicker tells us there was nothing left. I think that’s a load of absolute garbage. 

Yeah I'm agreeing with you. Harry Bunn was another one. Why if there is no budget do we spend money on a player that hasnt been fully fit in 18 months

8 minutes ago, historyman said:

We only lose Findlay and Brophy before next summer if we choose to let them go and any sensible manager should be working on the assumption that they do leave next summer as that’s pretty much certain to be the case. 

We can’t afford to let assets like Jones, O’Donnell, Findlay and Brophy keep walking away for free. 

The player will always hold the cards but we need to be a lot smarter in extending contracts in good time.

If Findlay and Brophy won’t sign decent length, good terms extensions now, one or both of them needs to be sold this summer. 

If JF can’t see this or do it then he’s not doing his job.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

We can’t afford to let assets like Jones, O’Donnell, Findlay and Brophy keep walking away for free. 

The player will always hold the cards but we need to be a lot smarter in extending contracts in good time.

If Findlay and Brophy won’t sign decent length, good terms extensions now, one or both of them needs to be sold this summer. 

If JF can’t see this or do it then he’s not doing his job.

They were both on decent length contracts but they certainly won’t sign another. There is not much the club can do about that.  If we sell them now we risk severely weakening the team. 

If the choice is

(a) definitely losing them for nothing next summer, or

(b) risk weakening the team by selling now 

then we should sell them now. 

With the transfer fees we would receive, the risk of severely weakening the team should be much reduced with astute recruitment. 

Edited by skygod

Utter rubbish from Dicker. He’s treating the support with contempt thinking we’ll swallow that crap.

Last summer, we lost Mulumbu, Boyd, Jones, Taylor, Broadfoot and Bachmann. I’d wager they were all amongst the very highest earners at the club and I don’t buy for a minute that the likes of ElMakhrini, Brancescu etc have decimated that budget.

Add in that we did bring in Broadfoot, Bunn and Kabamba and Fowler has said Dyer turned down other players. Dicker is turning spin doctor to protect his mate. 

Edited by TLC

Dickers comments sound like nonsense to me. Completely against what we’ve been told at events by AA, Fowler, Dyer and the board. As others have said maybe AA's pay off cost us more than we think because their is no way the squad for the first half of last season was on an increased budget from the year before.

On Dyer I’m sick of moaning about it now. He’s not the guy I would have appointed and he’s not been appointed in what I would say is an acceptable way. He’s going to be the new manager and we have to accept that and get behind him. 

43 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

That is only a start.

We need two keepers, a right back, a left back, two centre halves, a centre midfielder, a left midfielder, a right midfielder and at least one striker, and thats bare minimum.

Seen a lot of people say after Burke signed a new deal we only need a couple of signings. The fact that we had no strength in depth or indeed just no depth in the squad for the majority of last season has passed some by. As you say we need a substantial recruitment drive. The likes of Cameron, Lyle, Taylor, Brindlay, Connell are being quoted as first teamers by some. Cameron aside the rest have a half of football between two of them. There’s not a start between them all. They are prospects we can’t be relying on but hope they grow into the team this year. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

If, as some claim, we have to give Hamilton a big cut of any Brophy fee, it should be Findlay who goes.

Easier to replace a centre back too. 

Fair enough, although the Hamilton percentage might not be as bad as is assumed. Either way, we can't afford to let Brophy and Findlay walk away for nothing in January.