Alex Dyer Megathread™

piffer

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Being positive, from the re-signings I think we've seen one benefit of keeping Dyer. Not sure Taylor, Kiltie and and Dicker would have stayed if there was less certainty. Who knows.

Being perfectly honest if any they 3 left I really wouldn’t have bother.... Taylor wanted to keep but a one year deal is s**t

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I’m not moaning about Dyer as manager. Accepted that a long time ago. I’m moaning about getting spoon fed a load of rubbish by the club captain.

I d agree what that. Dicker is Club Captain,  but last season imo he was found lacking in Leadership and ability on the pitch. He is still trying to defend last seasons performances. He is a year older and lucky he has another season here. Proberly one of the higher earners still. I am a little worried if we get off to a bad start and Dicker starts his pointing fingers at new signings during games. 

I ll back the Manager as he has had his tied behind his back so far. Hopefully he can bring in a few players to improve what we have. Also i still don't know his playing style , So i hope he stamps his mark. Not sure what wage budget he has, But it looks like we spent all out money on the loan players last season, I hope the club have learned that you need to spend money on your own players.

For me we need a good few players and the kind of players we have been linked with so far are the type that I think we should be going for. What we need to get better at is actually turning these signings into reality,  McGowan, Tait and O'Hara are good quality players and the kind we need to kick on and push for top six again, if Motherwell have beat us to Fox I will be quite pleased as I don't think hes the kind of player that we should be looking at. I would despite what he did previously not be against looking at bringing someone like Jones back on loan to give us a bit more of an attacking presence and reducing the burden on Burke.

We also need to get around to tying down our most promising players down on long term deals, the likes of Brophy and Findlay should be getting offered improved deals to protect their worth, surely they wont turn down a few extra bob for the next year while football values readjust.

In regards to Dyer we all know that I was dead against him being appointed, but he will get my backing.

Something stinks with regards to the budget.

Well documented that we lost some of our highest earners from the previous season ( Jones, Boyd, Mulumbu, Taylor etc ), and now SOD.

In addition we received;-

a} Third place prize money.

b} Clarke compensation from SFA.

c} UEFA League money ( with unfortunately in this case no high expense incurred by the Club )

d) Taylor transfer funds however it was structured.

Smoke and mirrors comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, killiefife said:

Well documented that we lost some of our highest earners from the previous season ( Jones, Boyd, Mulumbu, Taylor etc ), and now SOD.

c} UEFA League money ( with unfortunately in this case no high expense incurred by the Club )

Then we recruited a well known Italian with experience as an assistant at top level. That would've cost a few bob. Then pay for the training camp. Players wages and upgrades to the stadium and surrounding not to mention all the staff behind the scenes needing paid aswell.

We paid a fee for Kabamba and now the rest of the cash will be keeping is afloat during this pandemic.

19 minutes ago, killiefife said:

Did we not receive upwards of 200k in compensation for Liam Smith going to Man City too?

20 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Then we recruited a well known Italian with experience as an assistant at top level. That would've cost a few bob. Then pay for the training camp. Players wages and upgrades to the stadium and surrounding not to mention all the staff behind the scenes needing paid aswell.

We need to pay a manager very season. We go on a training camp most seasons. Players' wages, property maintenance and office staff wages - every season.

These are pretty much standing charges in the business.

Once we made the decision to recruit AA and allow him to blow the budget on loanees (according to Dicker) and bring in backroom staff, we should have backed him, short of him committing gross misconduct.

I didn't think it was the best appointment but, once made, the board had to support him. If it was as much of a s**t-show as some reports have suggested, then it would seem that the board didn't do due diligence on his methods and style. His command of the language was evident to them.

One way or another, it has turned out to be a very expensive mistake.

Edited by skygod

5 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

If the budget was taken on loans then how much were we paying for non attacking players, Branescu, Hamalinen, Del Fabro,... I actually can't think of anymore... 

Harvey St Clair probably cost us a few bob with zero return for that money.....

3 hours ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

We paid a fee for Kabamba and now the rest of the cash will be keeping is afloat during this pandemic.

It was great foresight from the club in January not to spend during the transfer window and instead keep the money for the forthcoming global pandemic 

8 hours ago, andy123 said:

Cheap option. To go from somebody of Clark's standard to Dyers is a massive backwards step.

The players we are getting linked with dont make it better. 

Next season will be a write off with Dyer gone for Christmas 

Noted!

5 hours ago, killiefife said:

agreed we never increased budget after Clarke left 

Like groundhog day on here.

Dyer appointed when Alessio left... moan

Dyer keeping job until end of season... moan

Dyer confirmed as 1st choice permanently... moan

Paper says Dyer will be confirmed next week... moan

I wonder what will happen when the club confirm it all in a tweet... yes, you guessed it... another f**king moan

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

I wonder what will happen when the club confirm it all in a tweet... yes, you guessed it... another f**king moan

'Moan the KILLIE..........................

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

To be fair I quite understand the moaning about it.

On what we've seen so far. Dyer doesnt deserve the job. 

He will have my full support to succeed but I'm not particularly optimistic. 

11 hours ago, Bullitt said:

There is one common factor in your examples and surely thats an indication of the fans thoughts towards the managerial appointment? I dont think its the supporters thats the problem here, all we want is the best possible team and we don't think this is the best option to achieve that.

We are being asked to pay £370 up front for a season ticket when we don't have a full team, a manager who isnt filling anyone with much confidence and not knowing how many matches we will get to next season, i think the fans are entitled to their tuppence worth.

Just have to hope even with all the doubts of the appointment that this coming season will be one to enjoy and in terms of the football side of things far less turbulent than 19/20

As last season showed it is so vital to have the correct preseason both in terms of getting the recruitment done right and timely ,  but also getting the team ready for the season ahead not only in fitness but also in terms of a set way of playing and belief In the squad 

From tomorrow when Manager, coaches and players start back hopefully all at the club get this preseason correct 

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Just have to hope even with all the doubts of the appointment that this coming season will be one to enjoy and in terms of the football side of things far less turbulent than 19/20

As last season showed it is so vital to have the correct preseason both in terms of getting the recruitment done right and timely ,  but also getting the team ready for the season ahead not only in fitness but also in terms of a set way of playing and belief In the squad 

From tomorrow when Manager, coaches and players start back hopefully all at the club get this preseason correct 

It's been years since we made a good start. If we did we'd be dangerous! 

5 hours ago, kmck18 said:

Dyer I think will do fine as a killie manager, just needs time to sort out the team, let’s all be honest if killie Middle of the table pushing for top 6 and a decent cup run most would take that, anyone trying to pick up from where SC had left us would find it hard, Dyer will get my backing until he’s not killie manager, time we all backed him and maybe we could get somewhere 

Add a couple of wins over Sevco and it would be a great season. We have no choice but to back him so let’s do it!