Alex Dyer Megathread™

piffer

17 minutes ago, skygod said:

“Alex Dyer understands what Kilmarnock FC is all about. He totally gets it. That’s what I like about him. 

“He knows we have a budget to stick to and that we need to have a good dressing room. He is also a total gentleman.”

He knows we have a budget means to me we don't have any money. Long hard season this year then. 

58 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Same as nearly all the other teams.

Apart from SEVCO! How do they get away with this every year. Still no audited accounts and green light for Europe next season, 10 million needed to see out the season and so on. Maybe we should just issue shares like confetti, go bust, walk away from the debt and come back as if nothing has happened. Cheatin bassas!!

Good to get the appointment in fairly early. The big thing for us will be the playing staff we have available going into the first game of the season and indeed at the end of any transfer window. It's where we've came up really short recently which has made it difficult for both Alessio and Dyer. In real need of some good quality business so that we've got plenty options available to us. 

58 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

As unsurprising as it is uninspiring announcement.

At this time it is of course important to keep costs down and this is clearly a big factor in this contract.

We have had a "glory season" and now it is back to bottom 6 struggling for the foreseeable.

Well at least we are used to this.

For once I agree with you

56 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Good to get the appointment in fairly early. The big thing for us will be the playing staff we have available going into the first game of the season and indeed at the end of any transfer window. It's where we've came up really short recently which has made it difficult for both Alessio and Dyer. In real need of some good quality business so that we've got plenty options available to us. 

Zero excuses for yet another bad window.

Scotland manager Steve Clarke could be looking for a new coaching team in the coming days with Alex Dyer and Steven Reid's international future uncertain.

Dyer will have talks with Clarke and the Kilmarnock board over his Scotland duties after signing a two-year contract to stay on as Rugby Park boss.

Reid is among the favourites to take over as Bolton manager after Keith Hill left Wanderers following their relegation to Sky Bet League Two.

Dyer continued working as Clarke's assistant after the former Chelsea defender moved from Rugby Park to Hampden but he stepped up on an interim basis after the last international and will discuss his future after being given a long-term chance.

When asked about his international future, Dyer said: "That conversation I have to have first with a few people and then I will take it from there.

"I can't really say too much on that at the moment because I only signed my contract today. But you will know in due course very soon."

Dyer believes former Republic of Ireland international Reid is also ready to step up to management.

"He is 100 per cent ready," Reid (Dyer?) said. "He's a good man, he knows football, it's been a joy working with him at international level. He had a good career, he's got all his coaching badges.

"I spoke to him two days ago and I knew he was going for the job and I wished him all the best with it. I would love to see him get the job."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/kilmarnock/news/scotland-boss-steve-clarke-could-be-forced-to-look-for-new-coaching-team_402568.html

On 6/15/2020 at 1:26 PM, Gary malcolm said:

He knows we have a budget means to me we don't have any money. Long hard season this year then. 

Listen to ADs SSN interview from yesterday, he talks about the budget, its not the biggest in the league but its also not the worst..... 

How he knows this I have no idea. possibly guaged by chatting to players over contract terms? 

Edited by C4mmy31

Alex Dyer is targeting four summer signings after agreeing a new two-year deal to remain in charge at Kilmarnock.

The 54-year-old was back working with his squad on Monday in a socially-distanced environment after being given the nod to stay on by the club’s board.

Dyer took over from Angelo Alessio in December with Killie finishing a Premiership season curtailed by the coronavirus pandemic in eighth place.

Now Dyer is ready to make a fresh start with Hamilton Accies defender Aaron McGowan the first of what he hopes will be several new arrivals.

The Kilmarnock Standard revealed yesterday that the club is running the rule over Maidenhead United striker Danny Whitehall.

“The core is there but we do need three to four players to cover certain positions,” said Dyer, who has put two new goalkeepers at the top of his list.

“The squad is alright. We know it needs help but hopefully I can make it better to make the lads here grow a bit more.

“Free market. Loan market. That’s where we’re at.

“We don’t really buy any players. We look and see if we can get the best ones out there who are free, whose contracts are up.

“The finance isn’t going to be around. Everyone has to take a cut. The budget is going to be cut so we have to adapt and do the best we can.

“We’re doing our due diligence on players. Hopefully we will get three to four in who will make the ones here go to another  level.”

Meanwhile, Italian assistant coach Massimo Donati has left the club.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/kilmarnock-boss-alex-dyer-outlines-22222588?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Mentions he reckons we need 3 to 4 new signings. With two new keepers at the top of the list 

48 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Alex Dyer is targeting four summer signings after agreeing a new two-year deal to remain in charge at Kilmarnock.

The 54-year-old was back working with his squad on Monday in a socially-distanced environment after being given the nod to stay on by the club’s board.

Dyer took over from Angelo Alessio in December with Killie finishing a Premiership season curtailed by the coronavirus pandemic in eighth place.

Now Dyer is ready to make a fresh start with Hamilton Accies defender Aaron McGowan the first of what he hopes will be several new arrivals.

The Kilmarnock Standard revealed yesterday that the club is running the rule over Maidenhead United striker Danny Whitehall.

“The core is there but we do need three to four players to cover certain positions,” said Dyer, who has put two new goalkeepers at the top of his list.

“The squad is alright. We know it needs help but hopefully I can make it better to make the lads here grow a bit more.

“Free market. Loan market. That’s where we’re at.

“We don’t really buy any players. We look and see if we can get the best ones out there who are free, whose contracts are up.

“The finance isn’t going to be around. Everyone has to take a cut. The budget is going to be cut so we have to adapt and do the best we can.

“We’re doing our due diligence on players. Hopefully we will get three to four in who will make the ones here go to another  level.”

Meanwhile, Italian assistant coach Massimo Donati has left the club.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/kilmarnock-boss-alex-dyer-outlines-22222588?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Mentions he reckons we need 3 to 4 new signings. With two new keepers at the top of the list 

Oh dear. If we only need 3/4 and 2 of them are keepers we are in bother. We need 6 outfield players imo

4 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Oh dear. If we only need 3/4 and 2 of them are keepers we are in bother. We need 6 outfield players imo

Money will be seriously tight. Dyer probs will know we could do with more. But if the budget isn’t there what can he do? That’s why it’s more important now than ever for folk to buy season tickets

14 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I was about to post "can we all please agree not to quote Dyer on this being a rock solid guarantee that he definitely doesn't want any more than 3 or 4 players whatsoever"

But I'm too late

We know we approached far more than he suggested in January. We know the budget can change with players being sold etc. We know that if players become available plans change. 

It's Dyers approach to these interviews to play things down and show faith in his current squad. 

He knows as well as us how many we need and that it's more than that. Let's hope we can get them in after a promising start. 

/We need the following imo

First 11

Goalkeeper

Left Back

Centre Half

Left Wing/Left Mid

Cover

Goalie

Left Back (unless we use a youth)

The other cover can come from the youths,  they will need to step up this year.   Taylor, Cameron,  Barlow, Connel, etc.  There will be chances and they need to take it when it comes.

8 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I was about to post "can we all please agree not to quote Dyer on this being a rock solid guarantee that he definitely doesn't want any more than 3 or 4 players whatsoever"

But I'm too late

We know we approached far more than he suggested in January. We know the budget can change with players being sold etc. We know that if players become available plans change. 

It's Dyers approach to these interviews to play things down and show faith in his current squad. 

He knows as well as us how many we need and that it's more than that. Let's hope we can get them in after a promising start. 

All very valid points. Personally I think it’s interesting to hear what people think we need. There are some who may not see us needing as many as Dyer has said. Some who see us need exactly that and some who will think we may even need double figures. 

I personally don't think we really need more than four. Two keepers, central defender and cover for left back. If we are clever we can get players to cover several positions.

The worry clearly is a top class keeper. We lost too many points due to absolutely shambolic goalkeeping last year.