Alex Dyer Megathread™

piffer

4 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Donati wont be his assistant. Slightly disappointed in that tbh. 

Another cost cut i reckon. Millen as number 2 isnt exactly exciting stuff.

Just when you think it can't get any worse. Cannot see any benefits that he is going to bring. Another good opportunity missed to bring in someone with experience in that role. 

1 hour ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Just when you think it can't get any worse. Cannot see any benefits that he is going to bring. Another good opportunity missed to bring in someone with experience in that role. 

Strange move! It was Donati who done all the shouting last year, Alex said nothing during games.

26 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

Strange move! It was Donati who done all the shouting last year, Alex said nothing during games.

I'm guessing the reserve league is canned and he probably didn't actually have a job this season.

Was he Fowler's assistant before?

AD .....“I’ve always enjoyed a close bond with the fans and I’ve been blown away by how they’ve continued to show their support during the shutdown. This season, starting out without supporters in the stadium, will be unlike any other that I’ve ever known but that continued sense of unity can help carry us through until we’re able to reunite at Rugby Park.”

Now decision has been made will get full backing and hope this proves in time to be a good appointment for our club....big test in the next month or so working with Fowler to find correct additions and then gets team set up for the season ahead 

hope he also gets the backing from the board 

At least its a two year contract, Providing the Train does not leave the tracks , Its enough time to build a Squad/Team to play the way you want. Also easier to attract players.

Someone posted elswhere that he is to laid back and does not shout during the games , But Donnati did......That's made me think that Dyer does not want an Asst giving out a different message. His style is his style. My personality is failry calm , Laid back , I listen before i open my mouth , Yet on the Football picth when i played (amateur) I was like a different animal , I would screm and shout and loved a 50/50 Tackle. Also when a Manager type threatens or is loud i switch off.

So as long as the players buy into what the Manager want's we should be fine.

Be interesting to see what we bring in and how Dyer develops as a manager.

Its quoted that he will look to bring though some younger players. To be fair that's the way forward. If look at Motherwell , In the last season and a half they have gone from being long ball with mostly experienced players to ,Good passing side with a lot of youngsters coming through. The better youngster will be sold and the money possibly invested in bring in more young players.

On the one hand I think, with the current situation in the world, that he will provide a bit of stability and familiarity so it’s a sensible enough move. 

But, on the other hand I can’t help but agree with SH that it just feels a bit lazy. From listening to BB a while back I got the impression that he was going to give Dyer the job regardless of the results during his ‘trial’ period. This coupled with the fact that Dyer always seemed quite reluctant to even take the job on a trial basis and the stories from Lee McCulloch detailing how BB pushed for him to take the job when he didn’t want it makes it seem like a bit of a risky decision. 

I guess we will never know the whole truth about the appointment. To me the board were desperate to give him it for whatever reason. By January they had no justification based on performance/results. Giving him it until the end of the season they were biding their time until results backed an appointment.

Did we actually look at other candidates? Did we talk to anyone? I have my doubts.

All that’s meaningless now. He’s the manager and has my backing. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Love the guy but just don't think it's a good appointment.

Will back him 100% though, just can't help but feel it's a lazy appointment.

Pretty much the same with me. 

Like all managers of Killie I will give him a fair crack and I really want him to succeed. Seems such a genuine guy and I reckon he will put the work it. Hopefully it comes good. 

I honesty don't know what AD has done to merit getting a 2 year contract, he hardly has us all guns blazing in the games he was in charge. I hope that now he will bring in his own players that things may change, but it doesn't seem a logical appointment

Edited by Trojan76

9 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I honesty don't know what AD has done to merit getting a 2 year contract....

“Alex Dyer understands what Kilmarnock FC is all about. He totally gets it. That’s what I like about him. 

“He knows we have a budget to stick to and that we need to have a good dressing room. He is also a total gentleman.”