Goalies

skint

40 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Wasn't it always the case that any deal on Bachmann was contingent on Watford staying up?  Can't see that happening now.  Arsenal will come up with a result against them on the last day, and Villa will get at least a draw at West Ham IMO.

More case any deal was in hold till the delayed EPL 19/20 season came to its end.....which it does n Sunday....

Watford after looking ok a month or so ago , now for me look odds on to be relegated .....the villa result last night would seen much heartache at that club with realisation sinking in......will be interesting to see if the owners and the football model they run on ....hiring numerous head coaches, moving players in and out by board decision etc, changes if they do go down 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, stewarty66 said:

I still think we are trying to negotiate this. 

It was clearly “done” which meant the big man was up for coming back. Circumstances got in the way. Folks complaining about two goalies (3) we have but the lack of a clear number one (and the short term nature of deal we just done) suggests to me that this could still be done with bachman. If we had signed a clear number one it would be dead. If Watford situation is favourable I’d expect Eastwood to be terminated and us to have 4 goalies for a few weeks. Then as January we have the bat as number 1 with Rodgers and Lyle supporting.