Goalies

skint

43 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Is there any other reason stopping it being sealed, just looking at the Southampton full back who return to Celtic on loan has been confirmed? 

He hasn’t played for Southampton “this” season so there may be eligibility issues in returning from a loan and being available for the remaining games. Similar to us loaning Kiltie, Thomas,Cameron out last year and them not being available for the last few games of our season even though the lower leagues were completed.

I thought we might be able to reach agreement in principle quickly but looking at the EPL and how tight the relegation battle is Watford could be involved right to the death. They will have to have plans for all outcomes. 

30 minutes ago, MuirP said:

Mark Gillespie has signed a new three year deal with Newcastle. Is he someone we could try and get on loan if we can't get bachmann back?

Think he’ll be there to stay as second or third choice. It may open up the loan market for the likes of Woodman although Swansea seem keen to take him permanently. 

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Think he’ll be there to stay as second or third choice. It may open up the loan market for the likes of Woodman although Swansea seem keen to take him permanently. 

Woodman has done very well at Swansea. Few premiership clubs courting him and Swansea desperately trying to keep him. He won't choose us above sides like that.

45 minutes ago, livvy said:

Woodman has done very well at Swansea. Few premiership clubs courting him and Swansea desperately trying to keep him. He won't choose us above sides like that.

Wasn’t aware of the EPL interest but Swans supporting friends are raving about him. 

14 hours ago, livvy said:

Woodman has done very well at Swansea. Few premiership clubs courting him....

I don't think he's a first choice Premier League keeper from what I've seen on tv. Another slip-up in midweek against Millwall.

He's already at an EPL club but they don't seem to fancy him and he could be third or fourth choice behind the likes of Gillespie.

Perhaps they think that, at 23, he's still developing.

9 hours ago, skygod said:

I don't think he's a first choice Premier League keeper from what I've seen on tv. Another slip-up in midweek against Millwall.

He's already at an EPL club but they don't seem to fancy him and he could be third or fourth choice behind the likes of Gillespie.

Perhaps they think that, at 23, he's still developing.

I imagine you're bang on with that perception. The issue is that being 3rd choice in the prem is a lot more lucrative than being first choice at a club like Killie.

It is worth putting huge energy into trying to get Bachman on a season-long loan as No 1.

Given this could go to the wire time wise (and also may not happen) it is vital that we get another experienced keeper into the club as our signed player ASAP ( even if he is not given any assurances about playing time). Somebody like Rogers could be a decent option, and within budget , if available. Any other realistic and reliable options?  

I haven’t seen Lyle apart from some unimpressive clips from last pre-season games. Not fair to form an impression based on that given he is our contracted player. For those of you who went to reserve games last year is there confidence Lyle can be developed into a keeper who can challenge for the first team in time?

stating the obvious that the GK position is the overriding  priority

On 7/4/2020 at 9:25 AM, trenwick said:

think goal keeper is a vital position so having a goal keeper on loan from either old firm team is a no go as we have to drop them for one of our big games a season and put someone in cold with no practice

I think you are absolutely right so having no goalkeeper for a season that starts on 1st August is a very poor position to be in. 

The Bachmann situation worries me at the moment. Like most fans I would love to have him back at the club for another season but the uncertainty could be damaging. It has been stated that nothing can be done until the English season is finished on the 26th of July, but if this is the case then how have Man City been able to sell Leroy Sane to Bayern Munich, Man U are reportedly close to a deal for Jadon Sancho, Celtic have resigned Elyounoussi on loan from Southampton and have been having discussions about Forster. If all these deals are getting done then why can't we get ours done?

Is it more a case that Watford are waiting to see where they will be playing next season? As it stands Bachmann is 3rd choice but if they get relegated there could be relegation clauses in other players contracts and cuts to save money as they aren't in the premier league anymore. Could that then move him up to second or even 1st choice? That might be more of a prospect to him than coming back up to Scotland on loan.

Does the waiting for Bachmann then damage us bringing in another reliable GK? Any player wants to be playing week in week out but as it has been made public the club is interested in getting Bachmann is that likely to put GK's off coming to us if they expect to be sitting on the bench?

If the deal for Bachmann can't be sorted soon i.e the next week do we have to move on and focus on another first choice target?

5 hours ago, skygod said:

It's hard to watch football any other way these days.

So in the matches since start of lockdown you can judge off the tv if a player is premier league class? Fair play. Surprised youv not been snapped up as a PL scout

On 6/22/2020 at 9:31 PM, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Id take Rodgers as a back up. Tho i think he could be chapping at the door for whoever the new no.1 comes to be. I like Rodgers always admired him after helping us stay up in 2015.

What are the chances of Rodgers being announced this week?