Free money

Trumpetree

The SPFL Trust today (23 June 2020) reveals that all 42 SPFL clubs have now successfully applied for a grant from the charity’s Covid-19 Crisis Fund, and payments are being processed.

Key headlines:

• All 42 SPFL clubs have successfully applied for a Covid-19 Crisis Fund grant and Condition of Grant letters have been issued
  • All clubs have indicated how their wider community will benefit from the grant
  • Grant will shortly be paid out to clubs
  • Every club was eligible to receive a £50,000 grant for support during the Covid-19 crisis following a multimillion-pound donation from James Anderson
  • Aberdeen FC, Celtic FC and Kilmarnock FC will donate their grant to their partner charities – Celtic FC Foundation and Kilmarnock Community Sports Trust 

What a magnificent gesture from the club in these difficult times.  That's exactly what a community club acting for the community should be doing.  For Celtic it's just pin money but for Killie it's a high proportion of their 'zero' income at present.

25 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Club use it as a charitable donation to the community and still people moan.  What a complete joker.

I’m not moaning, I’m offering an opinion, is that ok? I think it’s perfectly legitimate to use it to let hundreds of kids in who otherwise would  not go. 

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I understand that, but as it stands a lot of kids will miss out on seeing Killie and we will miss out on building our young support this season.

Think we’ve probably got more to worry about than kids not getting subsidised to see Killie games. 

No schools for months or the foreseeable, kids falling through the gaps, daily social care missing, generation going to be affected for years to come and generally lots of people in a s**tty situations, if a charitable donation goes some way to helping any of that then I think the club have their priorities spot on.

23 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I’m not moaning, I’m offering an opinion, is that ok? I think it’s perfectly legitimate to use it to let hundreds of kids in who otherwise would  not go. 

It's the not a bribe, bribe money from that hearts chap.

My understanding is, it must be used for community projects. Clubs have to prove it, before they get it.

KCST does stuff like that. Football memories project. Mini kickers & other coaching schools (when it is safe to resume. Obviously.) They hand out some tickets to the weans too.

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/community/

47 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Their parents could just as easily buy a moffat stand family ticket that would allow their children to attend.

48 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I understand that, but as it stands a lot of kids will miss out on seeing Killie and we will miss out on building our young support this season.

If the season starts behind closed doors then the U16s can watch the game with the adult who purchaeed a ST.  I fully expect a deal to be made for U16s once we can attend RP again.

19 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

If the season starts behind closed doors then the U16s can watch the game with the adult who purchaeed a ST.  I fully expect a deal to be made for U16s once we can attend RP again.

And more than likely coordinated by erm, KSCT who have been given the money.

It's almost like the club have thought this through and channelled it to the area of the club that needs it most.

Fair play. If others would rather just give Sky 50k so we can give U16s a link to a stream then more fool them.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

It's getting used to pay guys like Jacko, so good enough utilisation for me.

Might be a controversial opinion but paying for U16 season tickets, so they can get a stream, when the adult will already have one is a waste of money.

Jacko is only doing the community stuff now, He's in Celtic youth set up now from what I've heard.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

It's getting used to pay guys like Jacko, so good enough utilisation for me.

Might be a controversial opinion but paying for U16 season tickets, so they can get a stream, when the adult will already have one is a waste of money.

Maybe but for me it comes down to do I want to risk losing his seat when it's made available to the public as I really like where we sit.