New Away Kit 2020/21

Wyper1207

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

It's not unusual for the home side to change their kit in circumstances like that if we are deemed to not be able to wear blue.

G38 At least 7 days prior to all League Matches and Play-Off Matches the competing Clubs shall notify each other and the Secretary of the kit it intends its Players to wear in the relevant match. Such notification shall be made using the SPFL Match Kit Form and include the kit to be worn by the goalkeeper.

G39 If the Secretary determines that there is, or is likely to be, a clash of colours, the Secretary in consultation with the Scottish FA Head of Referee Operations (being the head of the Scottish FA refereeing department by whatever name called), will determine, in accordance with the provisions of this Rule G, which colours should be worn by the Clubs scheduled to compete in the match. The Secretary will notify the competing Clubs of the colours to be worn in the match no later than 48 hours prior to the match.

G40 Notwithstanding Rules G38 and G39, in the event of any dispute with regard to the playing kit to be worn by either Club the match referee’s decision as to whether there is a clash of colours shall be final.

G41 When two competing Clubs having the same or similar first choice colours engage in a League Match or Play-Off Match, the Visiting Club shall play in its second or third choice playing kit which must be different and distinct from the Home Club's first choice playing kit.

G42 In the event of a clash of colours on match day and the Visiting Club not having with them an alternative registered playing kit, then the Visiting Club will require to play in the Home Club's alternative colours and/or shorts and/or socks or, in the event there is still a colour clash, a combination of the Visiting Club’s alternative colours and the Home Club’s alternative colours.

Also note

G34 Subject to the provisions of Rules G36 to G44 (inclusive), Clubs are required to wear their first choice colours in all League Matches and Play-Off Matches, save that a Club shall be permitted to play a maximum of four Home League Matches in any Season in colours which are not the first choice, provided that the Company, the opposing Club and the Referee appointed for such League Match have been advised in writing not less than 48 hours before such League Match and the Referee (whose responsibility shall relate to the match in question only in this regard) shall determine whether each Club can wear its first choice colours in any given League Match or Play-Off Match in order to ensure compliance with Rules G36 to G44 (inclusive).

Edited by skygod

A clean finish with subtle nods to classic kits from the 90’s, coupled with the iconic hummel chevrons on the sleeve, sees the club continue to pay homage to the great Killie sides of the past.

You’ve got to love the utter mince that marketing departments come up with. Nice looking strip though. 

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

A clean finish with subtle nods to classic kits from the 90’s, coupled with the iconic hummel chevrons on the sleeve, sees the club continue to pay homage to the great Killie sides of the past.

You’ve got to love the utter mince that marketing departments come up with. Nice looking strip though. 

Personally I think it's quite accurate, without being overblown. Could maybe lose the bit about Hummel I suppose.

How would you have conveyed the same thing?

Surprised we went with white. I’ve always been one for the more exuberant away kits. Want impressed with the sneak peaks but seeing the full pic it looks a lot better. Based on absolutely nothing I had convinced myself we’d see it first on a new signing today. 

Just now, piffer said:

Surprised we went with white. I’ve always been one for the more exuberant away kits. Want impressed with the sneak peaks but seeing the full pic it looks a lot better. Based on absolutely nothing I had convinced myself we’d see it first on a new signing today. 

That was my thoughts, it's went very quiet with regards to signings.

1 hour ago, KillieFanInToon said:

Personally I think it's quite accurate, without being overblown. Could maybe lose the bit about Hummel I suppose.

I would have said here’s the new away strip, it’s white and it looks quite cool. Which is what I initially thought when I saw it. 
What I didn’t think was ‘oh that’s a nice strip with a clean finish and there are definitely some nods to the classic kits of 90’s and when I see those classic Hummel chevrons on the sleeve it reminds me of the great Killie sides of the past (none of whom ever wore a Hummel strip). 
But as we are firmly in the age of marketing bull and spin perhaps my approach wouldn’t have helped to sell any strips.

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, KillieFanInToon said:

"Looks a bit like the white strips we had in the 1990s, without it being the home strip (thank f**k)". 

8 minutes ago, ross1987 said:

Away kit is fantastic - will be pre ordering that.

If only the Online Shop was operational!!

Talk about yet another missed opportunity by the club.

Online shop down for refurbishment at one of the busiest times for kit purchase.

New home and new away strips and no way to buy them unless you go to RP.

Disappointed.

Was going to get myself and the kids strips.

May still do so but club just lost out on the cash today.

How many others will be in the same boat and decide not to buy or just spend the money elsewhere in the intervening time.

We need to be slicker at these things.

Club knew when the strips would be released and therefore should have arranged things better.

1 minute ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Christ, it's not even July! Yet despite the pandemic the club has managed to get Home and Away shirts out through our media channels for everyone too see and still we have folk moaning.

Yip I am.

Poor business practice to "release" a product and then not have any to sell.

What is the point it building a demand without the ability to supply?

But most of all it is just the annoyance at how typical it is of our club. No matter the folks in charge we still make such basic mistakes.

10 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

Yip I am.

Poor business practice to "release" a product and then not have any to sell.

What is the point it building a demand without the ability to supply?

But most of all it is just the annoyance at how typical it is of our club. No matter the folks in charge we still make such basic mistakes.

Apple has built the biggest business on the planet using exactly these tactics.....

2 hours ago, historyman said:

I would have said here’s the new away strip, it’s white and it looks quite cool. Which is what I initially thought when I saw it. 
What I didn’t think was ‘oh that’s a nice strip with a clean finish and there are definitely some nods to the classic kits of 90’s and when I see those classic Hummel chevrons on the sleeve it reminds me of the great Killie sides of the past (none of whom ever wore a Hummel strip). 
But as we are firmly in the age of marketing bull and spin perhaps my approach wouldn’t have helped to sell any strips.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

"Looks a bit like the white strips we had in the 1990s, without it being the home strip (thank f**k)". 

Not even close to pass marks. 

Not a fan of the away kit but it's all about opinions I guess. What I will say is the home top is a thing of absolute beauty and providing we all like at least one of the tops every season the club has produced then it should be a very profitable venture.