Kilmarnock v A*r Utd, Rugby Park in August 1991

Allan

My son was one of the mascots for that game and I bought a camcorder at 500 odd quid the size of a suitcase (well not quite). Still have it on DVD. The old guy in the stadium played us with vodka behind the scenes and the resulting film is as shaky as an early Scotsport effort. 

59 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

Sure I remember something about the Dundonald Road end being more sheltered. Wind and rain more likely to blow into the Chadwick Stand. 

That was the theory but remember a game against rangers not long after it opened and the rain just swirled round and into the Moffat 

39 minutes ago, Fudger said:

That was the theory but remember a game against rangers not long after it opened and the rain just swirled round and into the Moffat 

Doesn't often happen, but was in the Moffat for a game against Celtic and what was a warm, sunny, day turned into a monsoon. Felt sorry for the supporters in the disabled section, the rain was driving straight into their shelter. 

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

My son was one of the mascots for that game and I bought a camcorder at 500 odd quid the size of a suitcase (well not quite). Still have it on DVD. The old guy in the stadium played us with vodka behind the scenes and the resulting film is as shaky as an early Scotsport 

Scotsport that brings back memories the coverage was awful. What was really annoying was the cameraman couldn't keep up with play. Can't remember if Bob Crampsie was a commentator at times for Scotsport.

24 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

Can't remember if Bob Crampsie was a commentator at times for Scotsport.

It was usually Alex Cameron, Archie Aikman, Alastair Alexander, I think from memory.

Crampsie usually did match reports from the studio after racing back from the Glasgow ground.

4 hours ago, skygod said:

It was usually Alex Cameron, Archie Aikman, Alastair Alexander, I think from memory.

Crampsie usually did match reports from the studio after racing back from the Glasgow ground.

Bob Crampsey commentated on the Real Madrid game at Rugby Park. Did Aikman do the Eintracht game? I don't recognise the voice at all. Alexander worked for the BBC.