new signings

smudger05

9 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Following the same pattern as the last few windows. It might help build season ticket momentum a bit if there were a few more encouraging signings. We can’t say  taking as long in the recent past has resulted in any improvement in quality. 

A bit chicken & egg, no?

We struggle to sign players, because of lack of funds. We have a lack of funds because our commercial department isn't fully open. We can generate high funds from season ticket sales through signings. We struggle sign players due to lack of funds.

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

It might help build season ticket momentum a bit if there were a few more encouraging signings.

Anybody who can afford to buy a season ticket and who isn't because of the lack of signings, needs to have a long, hard rethink.

The club is facing a financial crisis in the current climate and the clubs which will come out of it best, if at all, will be those whose communities rallied round behind them.

I've just heard Ian Holloway say that not one person asked Grimsby Town for a season ticket refund which is great to hear (if true).

Edited by skygod

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Surprised we haven’t been linked with more players. Overall the rumour mill seems very dry this summer and not just at Killie

Yeah even down south. 

Havent seen the yearly Cavani to man utd or Arsenal. 

Hes welcome at killie if he fancies it.

Anyway, back on track. I hope its us that want Bachmann. Who have the sheep got in goals?

1 hour ago, KillkieBoab said:

Isn't it likely that this will be due to the fact that most contracts expire on Tuesday (30th June)?

McGowan was announced before his contract with Hamilton was up. We can approach and tie up any player irrespective of if they have weeks left on their contract.

Dyer said that he expected to make progress with the GK situation in the next couple of days, this was weeks ago and still no announcement.

54 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

McGowan was announced before his contract with Hamilton was up. We can approach and tie up any player irrespective of if they have weeks left on their contract.

Dyer said that he expected to make progress with the GK situation in the next couple of days, this was weeks ago and still no announcement.

Possibly dyer had a goalkeeper tied up and now Bachmann has became available?

This is our biggest weakness this season , we cannot afford to mess about in the goalkeeper stakes, and I would be right onto Watford asking what do we need to do to close the deal right now, don't put the phone down until you know they've got the fax .

I keep seeing these days about the club in financial crisis, we have sold over 1,000 ST's already, we have the money for Clarke, Taylor, Europe, Anderson, TIK, and more importantly BB went public saying that the millionaire Board Members would never allow the Club to go under. There is never a better time to speculate than this, quite simply it is not chicken and egg scenario, the club need to put that carrot in front of the fans by getting just a few decent signings.... Build it and they will come!

Hopefully will see couple of additions in the next week or so

training for first couple of weeks would been mainly about stepping up fitness levels and getting used to routines etc...now go ahead has been given for contact training there will be more focus on team patterns, drills and playing mini games etc.....having at least one keeper around and getting used to how we play and type of defenders in front of him would be helpful I would have thought