new signings

smudger05

14 minutes ago, skygod said:

You want to speculate using the directors' own money? 

BB saying that they wouldn't let the club go under and expecting them to go on a spending spree are two very different things.

The club's last home match was on 4 March and there's no set date for matches to resume before spectators. Since 15 June the players are off furlough and getting paid in full, and the office and shop staff will be returning too. 

Where's the cash coming from? Don't mention money which was received last year which will have been burned by now.

Have we learned nothing from the past?

Exactly 

25 minutes ago, skygod said:

BB saying that they wouldn't let the club go under and expecting them to go on a spending spree are two very different things.

The club's last home match was on 4 March and there's no set date for matches to resume before spectators. Since 15 June the players are off furlough and getting paid in full, and the office and shop staff will be returning too. 

Where's the cash coming from? Don't mention money which was received last year which will have been burned by now.

We seem to have learned nothing about investing funds back into the team, I know it's going over well trodden ground but there seems to be no money left from Taylor transfer, Clark to Scotland money or the compensation for young boy to man City. None of this money has been put back into team and there is no way the budget was increased last year 

27 minutes ago, Gary malcolm said:

We seem to have learned nothing about investing funds back into the team, I know it's going over well trodden ground but there seems to be no money left from Taylor transfer, Clark to Scotland money or the compensation for young boy to man City. None of this money has been put back into team and there is no way the budget was increased last year 

Not spending the Taylor money,if this is the case,has been a  blessing in disguise.

Edited by Rml

There's priorities we need to be able to compete. As an absolute minimum we would need to bring in two keepers and a defender able to play in the middle and left back. 

Reality is we may well be looking at the bare minimum and we won't be alone in that given the current circumstances. 

I do think we should be worried about not having added a keeper as yet. I don't think speculative signings and investment in the squad is smart though. 

44 minutes ago, skygod said:

If this board have “burned” all the money we received last season then they are not really up to this job.

BB stated that these millionaires would not stand by and watch the club go down, he stated the fact that they were very rich and could make sure monies were available, no play on words.

KFC have not been paying wages back to March 1st as Furlough was backdate able, so they started paying on 15th June (2 weeks wages).

The club has seen over 1,000 ST sold, let’s say an average of £300 but it should be more, so £300,000 in the bank.

Clarkes Money I think was approx £350k

Greg Taylor . Say initial payment of £200k

Young lad to City £200k

Money for playing Nomads twice £500k

No Boyd salary - £150k

No increased Budgetary spend??

Money from TiK £50k

Money from Anderson £50k

SPL Money £400k

TV Money £200k 

Reduction in security and running costs of Rugby Park for remaining games of last season, vast majority of ST holders did not take “option” of refund, so that’s £142k saved if we use clubs figures.

And you believe that has been burned, I sincerely hope not!

I did not say go on a spree, I said speculate by getting Bachman back, give people something to look forward to, they may well see fit to part with their hard earned on a ST or two. Even putting it on the never never to ensure they are able to buy.

Next thing will be the new strips and the fans will be expected to dig deep to buy these, cost??? No one knows apart from club and they ain’t saying, let’s hope it’s a nice surprise. But I doubt it.

I can’t begin to work out how much I’ve spent on Killie over the years, but if we have another disastrous pre season my patience may well be put under extreme strain.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

Anybody who can afford to buy a season ticket and who isn't because of the lack of signings, needs to have a long, hard rethink.

The club is facing a financial crisis in the current climate and the clubs which will come out of it best, if at all, will be those whose communities rallied round behind them.

I've just heard Ian Holloway say that not one person asked Grimsby Town for a season ticker refund which is great to hear (if true).

I think anybody who could have afforded to buy a season ticket in previous years should have been doing so also and not just this year? We have never been flush for cash. 

New costs to take into account tho, setting up new website, new shop, the capital investment in the new 9 aside and fives pitches. 

We’ve got to get streaming up to scratch. 
plus we are still paying a squad and staff  full time wages. Probably about 40-50k a week. 
you’ve also forgotten paying off Angelo and donati. 

Running of a football club is all about cash flow. That will improve once preorders of strips and merch sales resume plus season tickets keep coming in. 
but you have to hold back a capital fund like most businesses for investments or sitUations like covid. Can’t just go and spend it on another wage. 

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

If this board have “burned” all the money we received last season then they are not really up to this job.

BB stated that these millionaires would not stand by and watch the club go down, he stated the fact that they were very rich and could make sure monies were available, no play on words.

KFC have not been paying wages back to March 1st as Furlough was backdate able, so they started paying on 15th June (2 weeks wages).

The club has seen over 1,000 ST sold, let’s say an average of £300 but it should be more, so £300,000 in the bank.

Young lad to City £200k

No Boyd salary - £150k

Money from TiK £50k

Money from Anderson £50k

SPL Money £400k

TV Money £200k 

Reduction in security and running costs of Rugby Park for remaining games of last season, vast majority of ST holders did not take “option” of refund, so that’s £142k saved if we use clubs figures.

I did not say go on a spree, I said speculate by getting Bachman back, give people something to look forward to, they may well see fit to part with their hard earned on a ST or two. Even putting it on the never never to ensure they are able to buy.

Next thing will be the new strips and the fans will be expected to dig deep to buy these, cost??? No one knows apart from club and they ain’t saying, let’s hope it’s a nice surprise. But I doubt it.

I can’t begin to work out how much I’ve spent on Killie over the years, but if we have another disastrous pre season my patience may well be put under extreme strain.

Too many 'think', 'approx' and 'say' words in the case being made - we just do not know how much money has came in and has been spent.

The one figure that seems totally nuts to me is £350K compensation for Clarke. He only had one year on his contract and (even if the full amount was paid by the SFA, there is no way we were paying him £350K a year) I would doubt he is on any more with Scotland.

I see full contact training is back tomorrow. Wonder if they wanted to have a proper look at some players before making decisons? Would make sense. Would have been nice to see that Bunns legs were made of poppadoms before we signed on the dotten line... 

3 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Young lad to City £200k

No Boyd salary - £150k

Money from TiK £50k

Money from Anderson £50k

SPL Money £400k

TV Money £200k 

Fantastic post-we need some hope,some incentive,something positive to keep going with this-for me the marquee resigning of Chris Burke on season ticket relaunch day isn’t it...

38 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I see full contact training is back tomorrow. Wonder if they wanted to have a proper look at some players before making decisons? Would make sense. Would have been nice to see that Bunns legs were made of poppadoms before we signed on the dotten line... 

Does that mean we could see a Lee Clark style line up of new signings tomorrow ?

2 hours ago, KillieBus said:

Too many 'think', 'approx' and 'say' words in the case being made - we just do not know how much money has came in and has been spent.

The one figure that seems totally nuts to me is £350K compensation for Clarke. He only had one year on his contract and (even if the full amount was paid by the SFA, there is no way we were paying him £350K a year) I would doubt he is on any more with Scotland.

I am sure I read that there was an initial 6 figure sum, then Dyers part came into it, thereafter they looked at our 3rd place finish and the likelihood that it could be repeated under SC, whereas we know exactly where we ended up .. 8th so 5 places further down the pecking order at approx £80k a place and all of a sudden £350k has a recognisable look to it.

22 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I am sure I read that there was an initial 6 figure sum, then Dyers part came into it, thereafter they looked at our 3rd place finish and the likelihood that it could be repeated under SC, whereas we know exactly where we ended up .. 8th so 5 places further down the pecking order at approx £80k a place and all of a sudden £350k has a recognisable look to it.

There was no compensation for Dyer, he didn't leave Kilmarnock. Never heard of a compensation package where future league placings were taken into account, so I would think that bit isn't correct either. Clarke wouldn't have been on huge money here, I would think around £100K compensation at most.

33 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

There was no compensation for Dyer, he didn't leave Kilmarnock. Never heard of a compensation package where future league placings were taken into account, so I would think that bit isn't correct either. Clarke wouldn't have been on huge money here, I would think around £100K compensation at most.

So? Killie just paid Alex full time when the SFA took him away on Scotland duty.

Having worked on contracts Killie employed SC for two years to gain best results for Killie, the SFA have taken this away and it has cost us a lot of money. That is the whole point of compensation. It is to put Killie where they would expect to be if SC had honoured his contract to the full. 
Looking even further into it, we would have beaten Nomads,  maybe even Partizan and that would have created a massive income from UEFA for a club like us, but obviously that portion could not have been foreseen at the time SC left.

I genuinely don’t believe for one minute SFA got SC for £100k . 

Compensation is simply buying out the contract, you can't speculate what may have been and ask for extra.

Realistically we were possibly paying Clarke 2k-4k per week, the compensation would be 100k - 200k unless otherwise stipulated in the contract. We wouldn't be entitled to any compensation for Dyer as he remained contracted to us.

41 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

So? Killie just paid Alex full time when the SFA took him away on Scotland duty.

Having worked on contracts Killie employed SC for two years to gain best results for Killie, the SFA have taken this away and it has cost us a lot of money. That is the whole point of compensation. It is to put Killie where they would expect to be if SC had honoured his contract to the full. 
Looking even further into it, we would have beaten Nomads,  maybe even Partizan and that would have created a massive income from UEFA for a club like us, but obviously that portion could not have been foreseen at the time SC left.

I genuinely don’t believe for one minute SFA got SC for £100k . 

Future prediction compensation? Now that would get messy.

16 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Young lad to City £200k

No Boyd salary - £150k

Money from TiK £50k

Money from Anderson £50k

SPL Money £400k

TV Money £200k 

Wild speculation about income on every front here and no consideration to the huge costs involved in running the club, operational costs could be double or triple what we are bringing in but you've allowed for none of that. Yes we do need some hope but it has to be tempered with a sense of reality. We'll be lucky to come out the other end of this with a club but that doesn't seem enough for some fans. Now is the time for prudence and steadying the ship, not speculating with money we do not have and gambling on revenue that we may never see. My heart bleeds for you that you've had to pay for your club down the years, but I think you'll find that every other fan of every other club has as well, that's the way it works and always has done. Sorry but this just reeks of lack of understanding and pure guesswork and only focuses on one side of the story, when we all know there are always two.

18 hours ago, skygod said:

There are a group who always want other people to spend their money.

22 hours ago, CB said:

A bit chicken & egg, no?

We struggle to sign players, because of lack of funds. We have a lack of funds because our commercial department isn't fully open. We can generate high funds from season ticket sales through signings. We struggle sign players due to lack of funds.

I agree. I think it’s a bit perturbing we’ve not announced 2000 sales yet. We really need to be showing the same loyalty as other clubs fans are. TIK has improved, but really should have boomed in the current circumstances. Hearts added more in one week then we have in total. Having said all that, we must still have a bit of budget. 

22 hours ago, skygod said:

Anybody who can afford to buy a season ticket and who isn't because of the lack of signings, needs to have a long, hard rethink.

The club is facing a financial crisis in the current climate and the clubs which will come out of it best, if at all, will be those whose communities rallied round behind them.

I've just heard Ian Holloway say that not one person asked Grimsby Town for a season ticket refund which is great to hear (if true).

Agreed.