new signings

smudger05

18 hours ago, skygod said:

You want to speculate using the directors' own money? 

BB saying that they wouldn't let the club go under and expecting them to go on a spending spree are two very different things.

The club's last home match was on 4 March and there's no set date for matches to resume before spectators. Since 15 June the players are off furlough and getting paid in full, and the office and shop staff will be returning too. 

Where's the cash coming from? Don't mention money which was received last year which will have been burned by now.

Have we learned nothing from the past?

I don’t think making sure we have enough players to put a competitive team on the pitch by 1st August is speculating with the directors money. It’s a necessary requirement. 
It’s just over a month away and we are still well short in many areas not least goalkeeper. 

Edited by historyman

Interesting trying to gauge where other teams are. Accies have signed a player from Inverness that the Inverness fans said didn't get into their best side last year and Callachan who was rubbish at St Johnstone. That seems a step down from some of their out of contract business in the last few seasons. 

39 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t think making sure we have enough players to put a competitive team on the pitch by 1st August is speculating with the directors money. 

Off course, we need enough players to be competitive. 

That is not the same as saying that there's never been a better time to speculate.

As others have said on other threads, this season will be about getting through unscathed for most Premiership clubs.

Speculation - a hope of gain with a risk of loss - doesn’t seem to me to  be a wise course of action. Others may differ. 

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

Off course, we need enough players to be competitive. 

That is not the same as saying that there's never been a better time to speculate.

As others have said on other threads, this season will be about getting through unscathed for most Premiership clubs.

Speculation - a hope of gain with a risk of loss - doesn’t seem to me to  be a wise course of action. Others may differ. 

Who is advocating risking it all to get a good result in the season ahead? We were woefully underfunded last year with hardly enough players to make a squad. When we were supposed to have a larger budget. We have never replaced any of the players who left at end of clarks era

Looking online and the quality of Keepers on a free in the UK is not great. If we want quality i think it will be a Loan. Their are plenty of out of contract players abroad , But with COVID still causing issues i can't see us bringing in a Keeper on trial , Do they need to go into self isolation when they arrive ?

Have to hope the Gaffer and Fowler have good networking.

1 minute ago, Bigdaw said:

Looking online and the quality of Keepers on a free in the UK is not great. If we want quality i think it will be a Loan. Their are plenty of out of contract players abroad , But with COVID still causing issues i can't see us bringing in a Keeper on trial , Do they need to go into self isolation when they arrive ?

Are they not talking about travel between certain countries and no isolation.

50 minutes ago, Gary malcolm said:

Who is advocating risking it all to get a good result in the season ahead? We were woefully underfunded last year with hardly enough players to make a squad. When we were supposed to have a larger budget. We have never replaced any of the players who left at end of clarks era

To be fair the crux of the argument stems back to KBP confusing Billy Bowie saying that the millionaire board members wont let the club go under with him saying they will fund signings out of their own pocket. Thats never sustainable. 

I dont think anyone is saying we shouldn't be spending within reason to improve the squad. However these are challenging times and it will be difficult. Nobody seems to be out there adding real quality yet bar (honestly we are skint) Aberdeen. 

Hopefully we will see a couple of new faces soon. Particularly a keeper. As frustration amongst the fans grows quickly and expectations also seem to grow as time wears on leading to disappointment. 

Edited by cammy_boy

3 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

To be fair the crux of the argument stems back to KBP confusing Billy Bowie saying that the millionaire board members wont let the club go under with him saying they will fund signings out of their own pocket. Thats never sustainable. 

I dont think anyone is saying we shouldn't be spending within reason to improve the squad. However these are challenging times and it will be difficult. Nobody seems to be out there adding real quality yet bar (honestly we are skint) Aberdeen. 

Hopefully we will see a couple of new faces soon. Particularly a keeper. As frustration amongst the fans grows quickly and expectations also seem to grow as time wears on leading to disappointment. 

I agree we shouldn't be overspending. There are loads of players available at our level at the moment and probably above. Now is the time when clubs have more power in transfers as players won't want to drop down too many levels. We should not be struggling to get players in but looks like we are again 

1 minute ago, Gary malcolm said:

I agree we shouldn't be overspending. There are loads of players available at our level at the moment and probably above. Now is the time when clubs have more power in transfers as players won't want to drop down too many levels. We should not be struggling to get players in but looks like we are again 

I think if we haven't done any business by the end of this week I'll be a bit concerned. 

Just now, Harrogate Peter said:

I get all the arguments about finances and current uncertainty but I think the memory of the last two windows is bound to make any Killie supporter anxious. Don't want or need deja vu. 

That’s what’s there for me. The memory of us stumbling through the last two windows. Maybe with a return to contact training we will see more about trialists

2 hours ago, rb_506 said:

Wild speculation about income on every front here and no consideration to the huge costs involved in running the club, operational costs could be double or triple what we are bringing in but you've allowed for none of that. Yes we do need some hope but it has to be tempered with a sense of reality. We'll be lucky to come out the other end of this with a club but that doesn't seem enough for some fans. Now is the time for prudence and steadying the ship, not speculating with money we do not have and gambling on revenue that we may never see. My heart bleeds for you that you've had to pay for your club down the years, but I think you'll find that every other fan of every other club has as well, that's the way it works and always has done. Sorry but this just reeks of lack of understanding and pure guesswork and only focuses on one side of the story, when we all know there are always two.

Not really wild speculation on income, all of the figures previously released.

Huge costs in running club? Have been in the most stalled due to pandemic.

As I said in the post you quoted, I’m not asking for a spree, simply clever use of available monies rather than the waste of money spent last season on numerous duds. Bachmann would be a major positive coup at reasonable cost.

At no point do I say that I expect BB to fund player signings but if we cannot “remain competitive “ in this league then they are not doing what they promise.

If the club puts a reasonable squad together then greater ST numbers will come, that’s how it is with Killie, we are not Hearts , Hibs, Aberdeen etc, but we certainly are Motherwell, St Johnstone, St Mirren et all.

Scotland is progressing well out of COVID, hopefully this continues and some semblance of normality returns and we can get back to going to games. I hope going to see Killie on a Saturday is considered an attractive option for potential customers.

1 hour ago, Gary malcolm said:

Who has said we are struggling to get players in ?  We do not know what goes on behind the scenes and as supporters we are left to speculate. Trust JF and AD to bring in the players , don't assume it will all go bad. I am fairly confident that we will recruit well, given the constraints, though Its a gut feeling. Believe to Achieve 

52 minutes ago, Gary malcolm said:

Sorry Clarke! Didn't know I was in a spelling test. 

I wouldn’t call getting the name of our most influential  manager since TB correct a spelling test.It’s just basics.

3 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

What SPL keepers that were released at the end of the season are still available?