Dan Bachnman

Former Kilmarnock keeper Daniel Bachmann has revealed he has loan offers from clubs in Scotland after admitting this season at Watford had been a waste.

The Austrian goalkeeper impressed during a loan spell at Rugby Park last season, but had to settle for playing back-up to Ben Foster this season at Watford.

He’s just signed a new four-year deal at the English Premier League club but is set to go out on loan next season. And the 25-year-old could be returning north of the border.

"For me personally, the current season was a waste. It was just different than I expected and unlike what was actually discussed with the club in pre-season. But that’s how it is, I have to look ahead.

I will definitely play next season. Whether at Watford or elsewhere, we will see in the next two to three weeks.

Last summer I had a lot of very good offers, all of which Watford blocked and if you look at the past ten months, it’s obviously difficult to understand. But there are still enough options now, including teams from England and Scotland again.

We have been in contact with a few clubs and I have to decide what is the best step for me. The most important thing is that I play again.

I signed a new contract even though I could have gone for free this summer and I still think that staying at Watford is a good long-term plan.

I have already discussed the whole thing with Watford. The priority is that I have to play next season. It won’t help the club or me if I don’t play again."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-22265080

Would love to see him back at killie

would love the big man between the sticks next year but think this is agent trying to get his client to celtic as southampton want 15million for forster so that aint happening, would love it if he was coming back but celtic can pay more % of wage or even buy where we cant

Between the last 4 keepers that have been called up to the Austria squad, they have 8 caps between them. So no established number one.

I imagine Bachmann would fancy his chances of making the squad for the Euros at least, but that probably relies on him getting regular football as a number 1.

Hopefully that makes Killie an attractive prospect for him.

8 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

The issue with Celtic would be his demand to be first choice, I'd imagine Scott Bain would expect a shot so Dan isn't guaranteed to be first choice initially at Celtic. I'd be more worried about Hibs and Motherwell.

Are Motherwell not set for keepers with Carson and having just signed Fox? I know DB is better than both, but can't imagine them splashing the cash on another keeper in these times.

And aren't Hibs's finances in a bit of a state anyway?

love to see him back at RP and it would be a Loan signing that would both show both the ambition of the club and strengthen our defence a fair degree .

Wonder if the delay in the English transfer window this summer...not due to open till end of July for top 2 leagues down south ....might cause a problem in some cross border loan deals .....if some clubs do not want to release squad players before bringing in cover themselves....

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Wonder if the delay in the English transfer window this summer...not due to open till end of July for top 2 leagues down south ....might cause a problem in some cross border loan deals .....

And two-week quarantine period would be devastating (purely from a football point of view, of course).

That’s Craig Gordon kb’d Celtic’s offer to keep him. Apparently a few clubs are in for him but only Hearts and StMirren mentioned so far. Surely we can compete with StMirren for wages?

Would love to see DB back up here but Gordon’s got a season or two left in him and he’ll be looking to get back in the Scotland squad - not a bad option to be playing for the national team’s assistant manager?