Dan Bachnman

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

How Foster is still in that Watford team is staggering, his efforts today were pitiful.......on the strength of todays game I'd be keeping Dan there if i was Elton John.....:ph34r::hurrah:

In fairness, and I love big Dan, didn’t he have a horror match Tranmere their way back into an FA Cup tie last year when he was given the chance? I don’t know if he’s ever been given a chance since. 

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

How Foster is still in that Watford team is staggering, his efforts today were pitiful.......on the strength of todays game I'd be keeping Dan there if i was Elton John.....:ph34r::hurrah:

I actually quite rate Foster  ha

Bachmann if he comes back can have a night with my missus. And she's actually quite tasty tbf. 

9 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

I kinda want WATFORDS Form to improve. The way they are leaking goals Bachmann might get some game time. He must be annoyed at getting little playing time since returning. If the Euros had gone ahead he would not have made the Austrian Squad....

He isnt going to get anymore game time imo.  The EPL is currently threat and Watford are in the smelly stuff, after the FA cup performance which wasnt all.him btw, they wont risk him again, unless they have injuries.

48 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

I kinda want WATFORDS Form to improve. The way they are leaking goals Bachmann might get some game time. He must be annoyed at getting little playing time since returning. If the Euros had gone ahead he would not have made the Austrian Squad....

I'm kind of like that. I reckon if they go down Bachmann would become 2nd choice with cost cutting etc

4 minutes ago, trenwick said:

I think it was hard on bachnmann to be benched for one bad game...

He wasn't really benched because he only played because it was a cup-tie and he got the reply too.

Such is the life of a back-up keeper in the EPL, especially third choice.

What is a little surprising was that he jumped at signing a four-year extension when it was offered to him. Great for financial security but not if you want to be playing first-team football.

Perhaps he thought that the players ahead of him are 37 and 39 and Watford change their managers like underwear, so he might have a chance.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

He wasn't really benched because he only played because it was a cup-tie and he got the reply too.

What is a little surprising was that he jumped at signing a four-year extension when it was offered to him. Great for financial security but not if you want to be playing first-team football.

Perhaps he thought that the players ahead of him are 37 and 39 and Watford change their managers like underwear, so he might have a chance.

From reading his comments it sounds like promises were made about playing time/chances and he feels those promises weren’t kept. Probably the reason he signed his extension.

27 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Nigel Pearson can be a little aggressive in his attitude with people. Wonder if thats were the issue is. The guy in 25 now and no a young kid, Needs playing time for sure.

still got 10 years plus ahead of him, absolutely capable to become a premier goalkeeper. Nothing to stop him hanging around Watford for a few more years and picking up the number 1 jersey in the next year or two. 

1 hour ago, killieboy said:

still got 10 years plus ahead of him, absolutely capable to become a premier goalkeeper. Nothing to stop him hanging around Watford for a few more years and picking up the number 1 jersey in the next year or two. 

If Watford are relegated Gomes will be off and Bachman will be in the squad every week

3 minutes ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

If Watford are relegated Gomes will be off and Bachman will be in the squad every week

I think the key thing is he wants to play every week. I don’t get the impression he’ll be satisfied with the early rounds of cup competitions. 

2 hours ago, skygod said:

I'm sure Gomes was retiring or moving on when Bachmann signed and then he decided to stay.

I'd love him to come back.  Best keeper I've ever had the pleasure to watch in our team.  How would signing him on loan for a year impact our ability to sign another keeper though?  He'd be no.1 for sure so that would be a statement.  I personally think GK is a position we should look to fill with a loan every season if they are of this calibre unless we get someone coming through like Cammy Bell which doesn't happen often.  Do we then only sign no.2 gk's on 1 year contracts? 

2 hours ago, skyhigh said:

I'd love him to come back.  Best keeper I've ever had the pleasure to watch in our team.  How would signing him on loan for a year impact our ability to sign another keeper though?  He'd be no.1 for sure so that would be a statement.  I personally think GK is a position we should look to fill with a loan every season if they are of this calibre unless we get someone coming through like Cammy Bell which doesn't happen often.  Do we then only sign no.2 gk's on 1 year contracts? 

Given he’s signed a four year deal at Watford I wonder if we could do a two year loan deal. It would give us some longer term security and him the game time he needs. A review period after a year as opposed to January as in some cases at the moment. Have seen a number of clubs around Europe seem to be doing this with younger players.