Transfer July open

Craigieboy

17 minutes ago, AndyKTID said:

Found this video for the guy mentioned at the bottom of that article, granted it’s hard to judge the level he was playing at here in comparison to ours but that seemed impressive. Looks very powerful and athletic, enjoys a tackle and was picking out passes equally comfortable with both feet. Good age as well when compared to Power and Dicker, signings like this could be the way forward.

Like the look of that video. Looks just the steamroller kind of midfielder we need.

12 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I get your point yes, but you've not exactly picked the best morning to post it after Daily record comes out with a post with 3 names on it.

My argument was weve been let down twice already with the line of itll be done behind closed doors etc

We've already been linked with Whitehall and Williams too? We'll hear a very small percentage of what Dyer and Fowler are trying to do.

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We've already been linked with Whitehall and Williams too? We'll hear a very small percentage of what Dyer and Fowler are trying to do.

I guess we can agree to disagree. The only successful signing weve made in the last 2 windows that we never heard in the papers was Kabamba. 

Hope you're right and we are all very happy by the time the season starts 

29 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

That is Scottish League 1 and 2 standard tbf.  I've watched a few Yorkshire sides at that level and it is definitely on a par with lower level Scottish football.

Aye, I realise that. It doesn't mean there aren't players who are able to make the step up, there are various examples throughout our league of good players who have come from similar levels. People were touting Mikel Miller, Accies signed him from the eighth tier of English football. There are a lot of guys playing at that level who have been lost in the mix in the pros at that level too.

Edited by Fletch

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Aye, I realise that. It doesn't mean there aren't players who are able to make the step up, there are various examples throughout our league of good players who have come from similar levels. People were touting Mikel Miller, Accies signed him from the eighth tier of English football. There are a lot of guys playing at that level who have been lost in the mix in the pros at that level too.

Livi have the guy that was banging them in for Queens Park on trial at the moment. Worth having a look at these guys. 

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I get that there are hidden gems in the lower leagues but a 24 year old who has never played a game at a "Senior" level is a very strange one.

1 minute ago, Dillinger said:

Ask Leicester fans how they feel about Jamie Vardy...

Jamie Vardy had an excellent record in the lower leagues.

I'm well prepared to be shot down for this but here goes. I see Andy Halliday is available on a free, would we take him? Would provide cover at centre mid and left back. Would fit in with the combative play in midfield as well. Major downside is obviously being a hun, but we managed to reform Broadfoot and Burke. 

1 minute ago, KillieDIV said:

I'm well prepared to be shot down for this but here goes. I see Andy Halliday is available on a free, would we take him? Would provide cover at centre mid and left back. Would fit in with the combative play in midfield as well. Major downside is obviously being a hun, but we managed to reform Broadfoot and Burke. 

Says he doubts he'll play in Scotland, unless it's at rangers. Looking to MLS.

29 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

That is Scottish League 1 and 2 standard tbf.  I've watched a few Yorkshire sides at that level and it is definitely on a par with lower level Scottish football.

I saw Dulwich Hamlet last season but this guy wasn’t playing. 

I think he only joined them at the end of February. One unkind comment on a message board speculated that he looked on his debut like he might be related to George Weah’s cousin! 

There’s not many players in the National League South and, I presume, North who would be good at Scottish Premiership level.

That doesn’t mean that good players don’t exist but you would expect the best players at this level to stand out. As said above, Mikel Miller came from an even lower level. 

The last I can remember from the National League South to have a go in Scotland was Cody Cooke, who has just been released by St Mirren after a couple of seasons.  

Maybe Nathan Ralph who went to Dundee and is now at Southend. 

This guy has a decent pedigree in Portuguese football which maybe sets him apart a little bit. It should be quickly apparent if he’s on trial. 

You would hope after getting in Fowler as head of football , and been in place for enough time now....that most players who arrive “ on trial“  have been fully researched well beforehand and been asked in advance about possible deals etc....though there will still be occasion when suddenly a player becomes available ....

31 minutes ago, skygod said:

I saw Dulwich Hamlet last season but this guy wasn’t playing. 

I think he only joined them at the end of February. One unkind comment on a message board speculated that he looked on his debut like he might be related to George Weah’s cousin! 

There’s not many players in the National League South and, I presume, North who would be good at Scottish Premiership level.

That doesn’t mean that good players don’t exist but you would expect the best players at this level to stand out. As said above, Mikel Miller came from an even lower level. 

The last I can remember from the National League South to have a go in Scotland was Cody Cooke, who has just been released by St Mirren after a couple of seasons.  

Maybe Nathan Ralph who went to Dundee and is now at Southend. 

This guy has a decent pedigree in Portuguese football which maybe sets him apart a little bit. It should be quickly apparent if he’s on trial. 

Aye it looks as if he’s came across in England to try and work his way up the leagues. Like you say if he just signed with them at Feb he might have not had much time to adapt etc. 

Inverness went down that route of real lower league gems and it worked it for them just fine. They were masters at it. 

48 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Or indeed Crystal Palace felt about Ian Wright

Or indeed Kilmarnock fans about Tom Brown

17 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

You would hope after getting in Fowler as head of football , and been in place for enough time now....that most players who arrive “ on trial“  have been fully researched well beforehand and been asked in advance about possible deals etc....though there will still be occasion when suddenly a player becomes available ....

It was said they would be making the most of Lockdown to research players in more depth using the scouting media available

2 hours ago, AndyKTID said:

Found this video for the guy mentioned at the bottom of that article, granted it’s hard to judge the level he was playing at here in comparison to ours but that seemed impressive. Looks very powerful and athletic, enjoys a tackle and was picking out passes equally comfortable with both feet. Good age as well when compared to Power and Dicker, signings like this could be the way forward.

ED8BD9D7-5B5F-446A-9953-15B4DB146014.png

8F8102B1-552C-45C5-BF93-EE8D3874864A.png