Transfer July open

Craigieboy

41 minutes ago, Clunk said:

Hamilton sign 3

Could you imagine the meltdown on here if we signed a striker because he scored a few goals for Airdrie then was released on return from his loan to Dunfermline?

If we wanted 3 players with a similar CV then we could have them if we wanted them.

2 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Interesting to see Jim Goodwin say he thinks they have no chance with Gogic because of the bigger teams interested, specifically Hibs. Doesn't look likely he's one for us. 

Hibs have Drey Wright and someone else training with them at the moment with a view to signing but are pleading poverty and trying to persuade staff to take pay cuts. I can’t imagine they’ll be splashing much cash this summer. 

38 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Joe Shaughnessy has rejected us. Never even knew we were interested.

Dont want to sound pessimistic or repetitive, but I'd imagine the surface would be part of that. Would expect us to be a better option that most clubs interested

5 hours ago, EKX16 said:

Tom Brown is a good example for what can be found in the lower league. There are players out there that can make the step up but finding them is not going to be easy. Hopefully Jamie will be able to find the players who will do a job for Killie.

That was about 30 years ago. Who else have we uncovered from the juniors since?  It’s full of players who didn’t make it not those who are up and coming

7 hours ago, skygod said:

I saw Dulwich Hamlet last season but this guy wasn’t playing. 

I think he only joined them at the end of February. One unkind comment on a message board speculated that he looked on his debut like he might be related to George Weah’s cousin! 

There’s not many players in the National League South and, I presume, North who would be good at Scottish Premiership level.

That doesn’t mean that good players don’t exist but you would expect the best players at this level to stand out. As said above, Mikel Miller came from an even lower level. 

The last I can remember from the National League South to have a go in Scotland was Cody Cooke, who has just been released by St Mirren after a couple of seasons.  

Maybe Nathan Ralph who went to Dundee and is now at Southend. 

This guy has a decent pedigree in Portuguese football which maybe sets him apart a little bit. It should be quickly apparent if he’s on trial. 

Cooke was one of a raft of lower league players that Stubbs brought and they were generally rubbish. To be honest Lee Clark did much the same here. 

27 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

He's better then last seasons left back!

I was no great fan of Niko in the end up but I'd take him back immediately if there was a chance we were getting the player we got for the first 5 or 6 games that he played.

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

From Record....

Kilmarnock are in talks with Watford to re-sign Daniel Bachmann on loan, writes Scott Burns.

The Austrian keeper spent the 2018-19 season at Rugby Park, racking up 28 appearances under then boss Steve Clarke.

And his successor Alex Dyer, who was assistant manager at the time, is keen to make him Killie’s No.1 again this season.

But he’ll need to play the waiting game as Watford are unlikely to sanction a move until the league is finished, with Bachmann back-up to Ben Foster and Heurelho Gomes.

Dyer could yet face competition from the English Championship to land the 25-year-old.

In his absence, 20-year-old Curtis Lyle is the most experienced between the sticks at Rugby Park after loanee Laurentiu Branescu returned to Juventus, Jamie MacDonald knocked back a new deal and Jan Koprivec was released.

Dyer has also brought in ex-Aberdeen keeper Danny Rogers, who spent last term on loan at Morton, for training to assess him.

The Killie boss is looking at Portuguese midfielder Diogo Barbosa, most recently at National League South side Dulwich Hamlet.

Would that make Bachmann our third Dan? A martial artist.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

I was no great fan of Niko in the end up but I'd take him back immediately if there was a chance we were getting the player we got for the first 5 or 6 games that he played.

Yes, he had a great start but the season is 40+ games and he was rotten in the last few months and would have been dropped if there had been anyone to replace him.

I think it is unlikely that we will get Bachmann back but if we do it could make an enormous difference to our season. Players like Scott Fraser would improve the squad but if we are looking below National Conference in England then we must be really struggling financially.
I'm disappointed that we don't often look at our lower leagues. We have missed out on Shankland, Dykes, Nisbet and others in the last couple of years alone. It does make you wonder what our scouting set up is.
Livingston, as an example, have been much better than us at finding players at that level. Its been a long time since we uncovered a Craig Bryson or a Frazer Wright who made a step up and become a first team regular.

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

Yes, he had a great start but the season is 40+ games and he was rotten in the last few months and would have been dropped if there had been anyone to replace him.

I think it is unlikely that we will get Bachmann back but if we do it could make an enormous difference to our season. Players like Scott Fraser would improve the squad but if we are looking below National Conference in England then we must be really struggling financially.
I'm disappointed that we don't often look at our lower leagues. We have missed out on Shankland, Dykes, Nisbet and others in the last couple of years alone. It does make you wonder what our scouting set up is.
Livingston, as an example, have been much better than us at finding players at that level. Its been a long time since we uncovered a Craig Bryson or a Frazer Wright who made a step up and become a first team regular.

Struggling financially because we are looking at players lower than national conference but then go on to say we aren’t signing enough players from the lower leagues in Scotland? 

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

Worryingly, this also seems to be the St Mirren fans assessment of Waters... 

I would still hold out a bit of hope for Hamalainan in a more settled system with competition for the place. Definitely think we can do better than him, but we need backup there and could also do an awful lot worse than him ... 

6 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Struggling financially because we are looking at players lower than national conference but then go on to say we aren’t signing enough players from the lower leagues in Scotland? 

There may be one or two at that level but if can't scout, identify and get the ones on our doorstep then what chance do we have finding them down south? You can see from the examples I have given that it's been a long time since we had an effective scouting network even in Scotland.
For what its worth, I've only seen a couple of games below Conference level in England but on what I've seen I would say that the Championship in Scotland is much, much better.

19 minutes ago, historyman said:

I should probably have made it clearer that I meant in comparison with the season Waters had.

We haven't really missed out on Shankland or Nisbet, they've been well above what we have available to pay since they started scoring. As for Dykes, I'm not surprised nobody would touch him given his past. Livi take risks on guys who have sketchy histories and sometimes it pays off for them.

Edited by Fletch