Transfer July open

Craigieboy

10 minutes ago, Jackwilson said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but if you look at end of the gif posted earlier there’s a player running in the back that might be someone on trial? Apologies for the terrible screenshot, it cuts away straight after

4F32A45F-5FF7-47C8-BD0E-8B114F71848F.jpeg

Good to see the skipper is fine tuning his finger pointing. He defo lead us in that last season. 

Do we know if the full squad are training together yet? Last week they were in their groups so you had the defenders all in at one time and midfielders in at a different time etc. If they are still doing that then it's unlikely to be Kabamba and could well be Barbosa on trial.

4 hours ago, historyman said:

That was about 30 years ago. Who else have we uncovered from the juniors since?  It’s full of players who didn’t make it not those who are up and coming

Yes very true. I'm hoping for someone from the lower league's who can do a job for us or a player on loan who is looking for game time. 

13 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Interesting. He would certainly have fit the bill as an option at centre back. Wonder if he was a proper target or just one that came up when he was released... 

I'd imagine the latter. That said, there's nothing wrong with adjusting a target when a good option becomes unexpectedly available. 

Who knows if we actually went in for him but there's only so many times we can be rumoured to miss out on someone before you start to wonder what the problem is.

Kilmarnock Dyer Transfer wishlist Signings?

Keeper: Dan Bachmann * Danny Rodger *  

Right full back: Aaron McGowan (Deal done)

Centre back other signings?

Midfielder creative/Defensive: Diogo Barboas

Winger George Williams

Striker: Danny Whitehall

* Possible sign deal done (close deal)

6 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Kilmarnock Dyer Transfer wishlist Signings?

Keeper: Dan Bachmann * Danny Rodger *  

Right full back: Aaron McGowan (Deal done)

Centre back other signings?

Midfielder creative/Defensive: Diogo Barboas

Winger George Williams

Striker: Danny Whitehall

* Possible sign deal done (close deal)

A good summary Craigieboy. It will be interesting to see how many of them end up at Rugby Park. Don’t really know anything about the ones who haven’t played in Scotland but their playing experience so far hasn’t really been at a very high level. 

Edited by historyman

3 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Solid enough player at this level. Cant imagine why anyone would turn us down in favour of saints.

IMO it can only be the guarantee of games or our pitch.

This worries me! If we can't beat them to players we're genuinely interested in (and we don't know that) then there are tough times ahead! 

Shaughnessy is average and I can’t understand why anybody would be bothered. 

Whilst centre half is a position which needs strengthened we currently have 4 players who COULD play there if required (Broadfoot, Findlay, Dicker and McGowan). No rush for that position and that would be reflected in any offer made to any player. A guarantee of game time at St Mirren shows a lack of ambition. Competition for places and the potential to play next to a Scotland Centre Half is a no brainer but I’m not convinced we went all out to sign the player. Possibly made an offer reflective of our need and his ability 

10 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Solid enough player at this level. Cant imagine why anyone would turn us down in favour of saints.

IMO it can only be the guarantee of games or our pitch.

Lack of funds? They started selling seasons in May(?) They had sold 1,200 by the start of June. Ours have been on the go for a week and a half.

Be interesting to see how many, if any, clubs have used the covid-19 loan thingy, or the Close Brothers/SFA thing to give them a head start on transfers. 

13 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Just bumped into a "sauce". Says Joe Shaughnessy knocked us back to go to St Mirren. Says there is some truth in the Bachmann story. We shall see.

Only passing on what I heard FFS. One of which has turned out to be true. Hopefully the other one is also true!

3 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

This worries me! If we can't beat them to players we're genuinely interested in (and we don't know that) then there are tough times ahead! 

I have wondered why we seem to struggle to attract players. Likely a big reason is the pitch, even if you take the science away that it doesn't cause injuries compared to grass... the bottom line is players don't like it. 

I also think we struggle to persuade players to come. I like Dyer, he seems a really nice guy.. but there is a reason that Mcinnes, Robinson at Motherwell and to a certain extent Goodwin at St Mirren get players, they sell the club and pester the players by phoning them which in turn seems to get the quote from them 'It was clear the manager really wanted me' when they signed. 

Lee McCulloch and Gary Locke were similar and seemed to be able to attract players and they signed for them. They just couldn't manage and in Gary's case he signed some dross but he did get Boydy back.