Transfer July open

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

He's said he would consider staying. Not 100% sure how Dyer felt about him though. I’d have him in the team ahead of Broadfoot. 

Findlay and del fabro were solid together for first 10 or so games. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we struggled when our centre half pairing wasn’t settled. If we could get him back I’d take him no bother. 

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

I wonder why because he is never going to play for their first team

Very common in Italy. They sign up average players and loan them out en masse. The plan is to profit by selling them on after a good loan and it will be cost free as they won't pay high wages and will expect clubs to pay the wages in full when loaning them, perhaps even a small fee on top. 

I'm guessing that's why our bigger budget was suddenly gone after a few loan deals last year.

Let's be honest here, we are falling behind other teams this transfer window as we have done in the previous 2 or 3. 

I'm all for patience if it means netting us the right players, but this hasnt proven to be the case in the previous windows, so naturally you start to worry the longer time goes on that we are struggling to recruit players again. 

The longer we wait, the further behind we are in terms of training etc. Other teams who have half a dozen players already in the door are therefore ahead of us. 

Clarke touched on this in the August 18 window when he said a club with our budget needs to wait and do late deals. That produced Greg Stewart. Does anyone believe that's what's happening here? I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but I'd rather the club just got the finger out their arse and signed a few quality players. 

You only have to look at who other comparable clubs have signed to see theres decent players out there. 

9 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Let's be honest here, we are falling behind other teams this transfer window as we have done in the previous 2 or 3.  

Wouldnt say were really behind right now. It may be a struggle to bring some players in given the pandemic has stricken the profits and the transfer budget of the club. Theres still 2 months of the window left.

Last seasons window was tragic. 

Then youve said we fell behind with steve Clarke's transfer window when we had the majority of the squad already signed up.

And McCullochs transfer window was one of the best weve had bringing in players like Power, Burke, SOD, Findlay, Broadfoot and Brophy. So we havent fell behind in the past few season maybe just last season.

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

12 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

I'm all for patience if it means netting us the right players, but this hasnt proven to be the case in the previous windows, so naturally you start to worry the longer time goes on that we are struggling to recruit players again. 

The longer we wait, the further behind we are in terms of training etc. Other teams who have half a dozen players already in the door are therefore ahead of us. 

Clarke touched on this in the August 18 window when he said a club with our budget needs to wait and do late deals. That produced Greg Stewart. Does anyone believe that's what's happening here? I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but I'd rather the club just got the finger out their arse and signed a few quality players. 

You only have to look at who other comparable clubs have signed to see theres decent players out there. 

More bed wetting pish!

13 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Who are all the other teams that have signed half a dozen players? 

Aberdeen
Jonny Hayes (Celtic)

Celtic
Mohamed Elyounoussi (Southampton, loan)

Hamilton Academical
Callum Smith (Dunfermline Athletic)
Charlie Trafford (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)
Ross Callachan (St Johnstone)

Kilmarnock
Aaron McGowan (Hamilton Academical)

Livingston
Alan Forrest (Ayr United)

Motherwell
Ricki Lamie (Livingston)
Jordan White (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)
Nathan McGinley (Forest Green Rovers)
Scott Fox (Partick Thistle)
Mark O'Hara (Peterborough United, loan made permanent)
Jake Hastie (Rangers, loan)

Rangers
Jermain Defoe (Bournemouth, loan made permanent)
Ianis Hagi (Genk, loan made permanent)
Calvin Bassey (Leicester City)
Jon McLaughlin (Sunderland)

Ross County
Stephen Kelly (Rangers, loan)
Connor Randall (Arda Kardzhali)
Alex Iacovitti (Oldham Athletic)
Regan Charles-Cook (Gillingham)

St Johnstone
Shaun Rooney (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)

St Mirren
Richard Tait (Motherwell)
Jak Alnwick (Rangers)

Thats a list of all transfers in the league according to the SPFL website. Dundee Utd and Hibs haven’t signed anyone yet. Apart from Motherwell who are doing their  business early, as seems to be their way, I wouldn’t say there is any club that has done business for us to be jealous of. 

There are going to be thousands of extra players available this summer due to the circumstances so there wouldn’t be any point rushing in and spending all our restricted budget on the first available players. That’s said it would be good to get another couple of bodies in the door in the next 7-10 days, ideally with 1 being a goalkeeper, to start to get the basis of a squad together. 

29 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Hibs and Dundee United - 0 signings 

Livingston and St Johnstone - 1 pre contract player

Aberdeen - 1 player 

Celtic - 1 player 

St Mirren - 2 players 

Accies have signed a bunch of players I wouldn't want near us. 

County (uncle Roy) and Motherwell (with the funds from finishing third) the only thing ams really making moves. 

You can't just look at what other teams have signed... we've all started with different needs. A team might have only signed 1 player but not lost many to begin with.

As one of the teams who need the most players, we're one of the teams who have signed the least. 

Look at the business St Mirren and Motherwell have done and tell me we're not behind them. 

It's too simple to say "bed wetting pish" and shrug this off. People have been accused of that in the last two or three windows and guess what, they were right every time.