Transfer July open

Craigieboy

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Harsh!

I embrace his posts. It's better than the usual bed wetting on here because Hamilton have signed a few nobodies or that designer face masks aren't released a day after being announced. 

Unfortunately, the bed wetting turned out to be justified the last three windows. 

18 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Unfortunately, the bed wetting turned out to be justified the last three windows. 

3? The Alessio window, a bit of a mess. Dyer/Fowler's first window, unprepared and didn't get the players that we probably needed. Are you writing this window off already or going back to Steve Clarke era? I don't remember any total disasters under Clarke.

There’s a bit in the paper this morning from Stewart Kettlewell. 
“The likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren and ourselves have all been vying for the same players. We’ll have to be creative in how we sell the club and hopefully the culture is one people can see themselves fitting into.” 
It goes on to talk about them using a drone video to pitch to be signings.

Hearing that it makes you wonder how many of the players who have come to the division this summer we’ve been in for and missed out on. 

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

3? The Alessio window, a bit of a mess. Dyer/Fowler's first window, unprepared and didn't get the players that we probably needed. Are you writing this window off already or going back to Steve Clarke era? I don't remember any total disasters under Clarke.

Last summer wasn’t great. 
January was a complete fiasco. 
I can totally understand the nervousness, especially given we’ve only made one signing and have shipped out 4 goalkeepers with no replacements as yet. 
I’m certainly nervous about the next few weeks. 

I think part of the problem which rattled the support is things go really quiet. We had some fantastic output from the club with the ST video, Dyer, McGowan, McKenzie interviews and a snippet of how the players returned to training. There hasn’t been much since. A few lines from Dyer. Nothing from Fowler or anyone else in the squad. Again reading the papers there loads of stuff from all over the league but little about us.

No one is asking for blow by blow accounts of the daily routine but some updates here and there would be nice. 

19 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The last Steve Clarke window wasn't a disaster, but the train was certainly derailed. Stewart ending back at Aberdeen, JJ signing a pre-contract were a huge kick in the teeth for the manager and the supporters. Not that they were SSC's fault, but Stewart leaving, in particular, was a huge body blow. 

On 7/5/2020 at 11:19 PM, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Had Fowler not said in a past KTV interview that the club will focus more on the youth. As the future of the club looks to be produce players then sell.

Seems to me like he's using Ajax as an example. If we can replicate Ajx in our own way of producing fine talent again we would be more financially stable and able to raise budgets. which allows bigger and better players to come in.

That's one helluva big if. We can but dream I guess.

18 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Kilmarnock try re-sign Stewart, Bachmann and Mulumbu but look sign centre back, striker, winger, other keeper (back up)

As much as i admire your choices here Craig i dont necessarily think Stewart and Mulumbu are a must neither is strikers or wingers.

The club should focus on signing some keepers and a back up centre half.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I can totally understand the nervousness, especially given we’ve only made one signing and have shipped out 4 goalkeepers with no replacements as yet. 
I’m certainly nervous about the next few weeks. 

No need to be nervous about goalies, I have it on good authority we are in for the Frenchman Bacqui Oot and the Italian Enni Mansave.

Is it just me that finds it a bit concerning that we are still having goalkeepers in on trial at this stage? So we not have any actual targets we’ve scouted and lined up? I’m guessing we knew Branescu and Koprevic we’re leaving a while ago so have had plenty time to line up replacement. Are we putting all our hopes in getting Bachmann back and are just trialling possible back ups? Just seems a little concerning it appears we don’t have any clear targets in mind by this stage 

13 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Is it just me that finds it a bit concerning that we are still having goalkeepers in on trial at this stage? So we not have any actual targets we’ve scouted and lined up? I’m guessing we knew Branescu and Koprevic we’re leaving a while ago so have had plenty time to line up replacement. Are we putting all our hopes in getting Bachmann back and are just trialling possible back ups? Just seems a little concerning it appears we don’t have any clear targets in mind by this stage 

I agree, I think they've maybe been hoping that MacDonald was gonna sign a new deal and be their safety net for the season allowing them to chase the likes of Bachmann on a loan deal. As we know he rejected the deal and we are now left in the position we are in.

Edited by MuirP

9 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Are we putting all our hopes in getting Bachmann back and are just trialling possible back ups? Just seems a little concerning it appears we don’t have any clear targets in mind by this stage 

I think this is exactly what we are doing, however having a backup thats capable of stepping up is critical. Look at Koprivec last season, should never have been in the squad but was the only option we had. 

31 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

As much as i admire your choices here Craig i dont necessarily think Stewart and Mulumbu are a must neither is strikers or wingers.

The club should focus on signing some keepers and a back up centre half.

Score more than the other team. If either of these 2 become available we would be silly not to. Dont believe Mulumbu will be back but we could get Stewart I reckon