Transfer July open

Craigieboy

On 7/10/2020 at 12:06 PM, historyman said:

Looks like the comments they were in financial trouble were a bit premature. 
Nisbet will probably be the most expensive signing in Scotland this summer other than the old firm. 
I think hibs could be decent this year, a few decent signings and a half decent manager. If he can get Scott Allan playing well they could be challenging for third. 

I think the strategy of laying off lots of people and forcing others to take sizable pay cuts may back fire. I wouldn't be happy if my work forced me to take a big pay cut to get them out of financial trouble only to be splashing the cash a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, livvy said:

I think the strategy of laying off lots of people and forcing others to take sizable pay cuts may back fire. I wouldn't be happy if my work forced me to take a big pay cut to get them out of financial trouble only to be splashing the cash a few weeks later.

In normal business I completely agree, but the majority of their employees will be Hibs supporters, and football is a different beast. 

Apologies if this has been asked before but when does the transfer window close in Scotland ? Looks like the English one doesn't open until 26th July and UEFA want the transfer windows to shut by 5th October. If ours opened earlier does that mean there will be a considerable gap between ours closing and England's closing ?  If I'm reading this correctly (probably not) then it will be good for us at the start, then bad at the end when we could lose Brophy or Findlay to English clubs without being able to bring in replacements. 

Just now, Wrangodog said:

Apologies if this has been asked before but when does the transfer window close in Scotland ? Looks like the English one doesn't open until 26th July and UEFA want the transfer windows to shut by 5th October. If ours opened earlier does that mean there will be a considerable gap between ours closing and England's closing ?  If I'm reading this correctly (probably not) then it will be good for us at the start, then bad at the end when we could lose Brophy or Findlay to English clubs without being able to bring in replacements. 

Harmonised transfer window

The deadline for player registration for the group stage of the 2020/21 UEFA club competitions has been set to 6 October 2020. As a result, the UEFA Executive Committee called on all member associations to adopt a harmonised end date to the upcoming summer transfer window, with this date set as 5 October 2020.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/025e-0fb60fd017ba-82857c2a2217-1000--temporary-emergency-measures-for-financial-fair-play/

Looks like they want everyone to abide by the 5th of October. Whether the SFA do or not is another quetion.

1 hour ago, CB said:

Harmonised transfer window

The deadline for player registration for the group stage of the 2020/21 UEFA club competitions has been set to 6 October 2020. As a result, the UEFA Executive Committee called on all member associations to adopt a harmonised end date to the upcoming summer transfer window, with this date set as 5 October 2020.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/025e-0fb60fd017ba-82857c2a2217-1000--temporary-emergency-measures-for-financial-fair-play/

Looks like they want everyone to abide by the 5th of October. Whether the SFA do or not is another quetion.

Isn’t there a FIFA regulation that the transfer window shouldn't last longer than 12 weeks, or has that been waived due to the coronavirus ? 

13 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

In normal business I completely agree, but the majority of their employees will be Hibs supporters, and football is a different beast. 

I'm not so sure considering there are first team players there who agreed to 30% reduced wages only to see the wages they freed up spent on bringing in guys on a full wage. That sort of thing can breed resentment in a squad pretty quickly and I would be surprised if the majority of their players were Hibs fans. 

1 hour ago, Killie Minogue said:

Surely that can't be right! Ask players who have a put a seasons shift in to take a pay cut and bring in newbies with everything still to prove on a full wage.

Must be more to this. I certainly wouldn't be a happy chappy if this was the case.

Long-standing kitman Tam McCourt is set to be axed as part of Hibs’ savage cost-cutting exercise – just days after the club splashed out on three signings.

A staff consultation process is ongoing at Easter Road as Ron Gordon looks to stem heavy losses in the face of the coronavirus crisis.

Kitman McCourt, a popular figure around Easter Road for decades, is among the group facing the chop.

And it’s believed as many as 70 employees could be made redundant in total.

It comes just days after the club splashed out on three new signings including a six-figure sum on Kevin Nisbet from Dunfermline. Drey Wright and Alex Gogic also arrived on free transfers from St Johnstone and Hamilton Accies respectively.

Last month chairman Gordon warned Hibs would have to make staff “cost reductions” due to the “unsustainable strain” on finances.

Players agreed a temporary wage deferral earlier in the summer. Reports suggested last week Gordon was also set to stop win and appearance bonuses in the new season.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-axe-kitman-savage-cost-22344862

16 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

I am pretty sure that these "Hibs Supporters" would much rather have their full wage or even an actual job than see their club pay substantial fees/wages for an unproven player at this level (Nesbitt)

45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I know we've made quite a few redundancies but we aren't splashing the cash.

Hibs paying off 70+ staff yet paying £250k for Nisbet doesn't sit well with me.

Hope the c**ts get relegated again,.

Totally agree. Surely players union will be all over this