Transfer July open

Craigieboy

Just now, jesper said:

The other problem is we only saw it once - when he had a point to prove against his pal. 

Tshibola is a no thank you from me, we have other positions more pressing to fill and we definitely don't need any passengers. 

Think it was more than once , but was inconsistent to say the least .......

plus we already have similar central midfield players, if bringing in another it needs to be a creative attacking kind of player 

26 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Tish is better than Dicker. Still a good age and if we got him playing at the top of his game he’s a sellable asset. But as other posters have said, it’s getting him to that consistent level. That’s upto the manager.

No it's not. If he can't get motivated for his teammates, the club, the fans, for the wage he is getting then he's no good to anyone.

34 minutes ago, trenwick said:

Always remember the day he had to let mulumbu out his back pocket at full time against celtic, if he play like that every game then its a no brainer unfortunately those games were few and far between, and also doing the dirty at the last minute the last transfer windows still rankles  

Yes, I think we all remember his one great game 

21 minutes ago, jesper said:

The other problem is we only saw it once - when he had a point to prove against his pal. 

Tshibola is a no thank you from me, we have other positions more pressing to fill and we definitely don't need any passengers. 

Unless I was imagining it did he not come on as a sub against Dundee one night when we went down to 10 men (Dicker sent off) and completely take control of the game ? he was absolutely out standing that night.  

Just now, Garvis said:

Unless I was imagining it did he not come on as a sub against Dundee one night when we went down to 10 men (Dicker sent off) and completely take control of the game ? he was absolutely out standing that night.  

Your correct but that doesn’t suit the narrative of this forum. 

1 minute ago, Garvis said:

He started alongside Dicker in midfield that night. From what I can recall it was a bit of a so so performance. When Dicker walked he was one of the players who upped their game and produced a dominant performance for the remainder of the game. 

Tend to agree with Higgy, he shafted us in January. That being said, this season will likely be Dickers last. We need a central midfielder that we can build a team around for the next three or four years. Tish in a two man midfield looked pretty good, in a three he just doesn't do enough. Perhaps the change in our formation to 4-4-2 and the fact we need another central defender would allow us to use Dicker at the back. It kind of would make sense.

Just now, Bullitt said:

Tend to agree with Higgy, he shafted us in January. That being said, this season will likely be Dickers last. We need a central midfielder that we can build a team around for the next three or four years. Tish in a two man midfield looked pretty good, in a three he just doesn't do enough. Perhaps the change in our formation to 4-4-2 and the fact we need another central defender would allow us to use Dicker at the back. It kind of would make sense.

Agreed. He’s only 25 and he’s definitely better in a midfield two. 

7 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

In a nutshell he would improve our squad. 

Not with that level of consistency. 

Theres probably a reason the Belgian club he was with for half a season let him go for nothing to Aves after paying Villa £900,000 for him.

I would hazard a guess at his attitude and motivation. 

Tshibola will be welcome if he doesn't want too much cash, to give competition to Power and Dicker. 

For those claiming he is the creative mid we've been looking for, I disagree. I just don't remember seeing much creativity from him. Don't think he'd create any more than El Mak, Dicker or Power. 

Happy to be proven wrong, though. Am I missing something?

Edited by Mogwai

Just now, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I'd take him and looking at the trajectory of his career I'd say it could be his last chance to get on track. You would like to think he would be looking at consistent good performances before he ends up on the scrapheap 

Decent point. If we sign him for one year with an option at a wage that suits us, and crucially if AD thinks the formation he plans will work, he could be worth signing. He has the potential but is getting towards last chance saloon territory.

3 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Not with that level of consistency. 

Theres probably a reason the Belgian club he was with for half a season let him go for nothing to Aves after paying Villa £900,000 for him.

I would hazard a guess at his attitude and motivation. 

He’s worth a one year deal. If that doesn’t motivate him at this stage of his career I don’t know what will. It’s last chance saloon.

One year deal for Tish if anything. Very good passer when he has time on the ball. Problem up here is he is constantly being pressed.

Best game he played imo was when he was riled up against Mulumbu. Too passive and not aggressive enough at times. If he used his physique to his advantage he could be one of the best midfielders in Scotland. Think he’s probably better than El Makrini but he will want a decent wedge I’d imagine and dunno if we can justify it.

1 minute ago, Gary malcolm said:

If someone has a problem with being motivated it's a no thanks. We can't afford to carry passengers 

Never said he did. People on here are assuming he’s hard to motivate. You’d welcome him with open arms if he were to sign, let’s not be kidded. 

2 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

One year deal for Tish if anything. Very good passer when he has time on the ball. Problem up here is he is constantly being pressed.

Best game he played imo was when he was riled up against Mulumbu. Too passive and not aggressive enough at times. If he used his physique to his advantage he could be one of the best midfielders in Scotland. Think he’s probably better than El Makrini but he will want a decent wedge I’d imagine and dunno if we can justify it.

If we had 4 CM’s on the books and they were power, dicker, el mak & tish id very very happy going into the new season. But we do still need goalies, CB, LB, ST and another winger or two. 

2 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Never said he did. People on here are assuming he’s hard to motivate. You’d welcome him with open arms if he were to sign, let’s not be kidded. 

I think the amount of people on here saying they either don't want him or wouldn't be bothered speaks volumes, and don't think that many would have "open arms"

The bottom line is he actually did very little to effect a positive influence on games.  As already mentioned, he struggles to get his passing game going when under the sort of intense pressure that comes with playing midfield in Scotland.  He's certainly not a goalscorer, and quite often the "lazy" tag that went with him came from his lack of urgency in the middle of the park.

All round, not the sort of player we can afford to take a punt on at the moment - knowing what he can (or can't) do right now and hoping he'll improve.  I don't think he's any better than Dicker or Power, or even El Mak.  He's younger, but means SFA without doing anything on the park.  In 5 years time he'll be forgotten for everything except being part of "that squad"