Transfer July open

Craigieboy

Didn't Steve Clarke mention it was the last chance saloon for him when he signed him? I know a lot of us did.

TBH, I'd have been happier to give Wilson a shot before Tshibola.

However, if he is willing to come for an affordable wage and fight for a place, then he'd be a good addition.

1 hour ago, Gary malcolm said:

Not for me. Think we have enough central midfielders. If we were to get rid of 1 I would consider him back 

I must have missed the abundance of centre mids we have?

Since Tish was last here we've lost Mulumbu, Wilson & Tish and replaced them with nobody.

Edited to add, we brought in El Makrini but still well short in that area.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 minutes ago, Gary malcolm said:

Power, dicker, el mak and Taylor. More than enough cover if what we're looking is a 442

We had 4 centre backs last year and all 4 got injured at one point. But im not saying the same will happen this year with out cm but it would be good for an attacking minded cm. 

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

4 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

We had 4 centre backs last year and all 4 got injured at one point. But im not saying the same will happen this year with out cm but it would be good for an attacking minded cm. 

We were really short at CM at one point as well. El Makrini injured and Power suspended. 

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

4 midfielders are nowhere near enough to cover a squad for a season, especially when one has about 15 mins of senior football to his name and the other 3 are well over 30.

If your thinking 1 has 15 mins on a park we would have been better not signing Taylor and using wage money elsewhere. We played with 3 in midfield most of last season how many different players played in those games 5 at most 

23 minutes ago, skygod said:

Tshibola got a big break when di Matteo took a punt on him at Villa. He wasn’t able to capitalise on it and it’s been a succession of unconvincing loans since then followed by a season in Belgium and Portugal.

He couldn’t get in comfortably the worst team in the Portuguese top tier, although they could hardly score let alone avoid defeat.  

His career’s going nowhere and he doesn’t seem to have the will to turn it around. 

The only place he’s ever played regular football and felt wanted is at Killie yet he passed up the chance in January.

Personally, I’d be waiting for him to call us before I called him. 

I'm guessing that was a Steve Clarke recommendation as he had him at Reading.

Not often we've go fans turning their noses up at a £5m player. 

10 minutes ago, Gary malcolm said:

If your thinking 1 has 15 mins on a park we would have been better not signing Taylor and using wage money elsewhere. We played with 3 in midfield most of last season how many different players played in those games 5 at most 

And as I've posted previously. We were heading for relegation with those 3 midfielders. We need to if nothing else, give them competition

16 minutes ago, Gary malcolm said:

Taylor's wages will be minimal.

I see you've elected to ignore my point about our midfield apart from a kid with zero experience, all being well over 30? 

Power and Dicker have been massive for us but they are getting on now and we massively need cover.

42 minutes ago, skygod said:

Tshibola got a big break when di Matteo took a punt on him at Villa. He wasn’t able to capitalise on it and it’s been a succession of unconvincing loans since then followed by a season in Belgium and Portugal.

He couldn’t get in comfortably the worst team in the Portuguese top tier, although they could hardly score let alone avoid defeat.  

His career’s going nowhere and he doesn’t seem to have the will to turn it around. 

The only place he’s ever played regular football and felt wanted is at Killie yet he passed up the chance in January.

Personally, I’d be waiting for him to call us before I called him. 

Added to the fact that the worst team in the Belgian top tier let him go after 6 months writing off £900,000.

I cant see why people thought he was creative  

Being more creative than Gary Dicker and Alan Power isn't difficult, that's not really their style. 

How many killer passes did he play ?

How many assists?

Was it 2 goals he scored, one debatable as to whether it crossed the line at Paisley.?

We're short of players all over and time is ticking on. Even though I'm worried about lack of numbersI don't want people who have shown zero regard for Killie in the past. 

I wouldn't have Mullen or Broadfoot on the payroll for the same reason personally. 

The fact that Tish really isn't that good makes it easier to take a purist stance though! 

5 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

We're short of players all over and time is ticking on. Even though I'm worried about lack of numbers I don't want people who have shown zero regard for Killie in the past. 

I wouldn't have Mullen or Broadfoot on the payroll for the same reason personally. 

The fact that Tish really isn't that good makes it easier to take a purist stance though! 

Strange comment regarding Millen especially, considering the amount of praise he receives both past and present about his attitude and commitment from our players and coaches.