Transfer July open

Craigieboy

While we aren’t desperate for another CM at the moment it’s something we have to look at. As @Squirrelhumper says we have three players over 30 that we can plan longer term around. Dicker, Power and El Makrini are all very similar players. I’ve not seen too much of Taylor to say what kind of player he is but it would be nice to get something a bit different in the middle of the park. Maybe someone who uses the ball better or someone who could drive the team forward from the central areas. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Taylor's wages will be minimal.

I see you've elected to ignore my point about our midfield apart from a kid with zero experience, all being well over 30? 

Power and Dicker have been massive for us but they are getting on now and we massively need cover.

The 3 that are over 30 covered about 90%of the games last year if not more

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Added to the fact that the worst team in the Belgian top tier let him go after 6 months writing off £900,000.

I cant see why people thought he was creative  

Being more creative than Gary Dicker and Alan Power isn't difficult, that's not really their style. 

How many killer passes did he play ?

How many assists?

Was it 2 goals he scored, one debatable as to whether it crossed the line at Paisley.?

Aye and the other one was a tap in at home to Brora Rangers IIRC.

Tshibola seemed to swan about that park thinking he was a player without really showing a great deal. He stuck out like a sore thumb when everyone else is giving their all.

I don’t think he is worth the wage atm, and as others have pointed out, the money would better served getting us another centre half and a couple of goalies.

Edited by KTID

Does anyone think we have deals done and can’t/won’t announce for whatever reason. We have two glaring gaps in the team but there hasn’t been a sniff of a CB linked to us and only three goalkeeper(Bachmann, Rogers, Norman). I’m well aware of our performance in the last two windows but it’s far too quiet on these fronts which is making me wonder if their are deals waiting for the end of seasons elsewhere or something else holding them back. Surely we wouldn’t be looking at strikers and other positions without addressing the big issues first.

The transfer rumours could go on for a wee while yet as it’s now officially confirmed that.......

request submitted by the Scottish FA to open the transfer window from today (Tuesday, 14 July) until midnight on Monday, 5 October has now been approved by FIFA.

8 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

The transfer rumours could go on for a wee while yet as it’s now officially confirmed that.......

request submitted by the Scottish FA to open the transfer window from today (Tuesday, 14 July) until midnight on Monday, 5 October has now been approved by FIFA.

I hope we mostly use this incase we lose players to down south during this time. We should still be pretty much prepared for the 1st game of the season imo.

53 minutes ago, piffer said:

.... it’s far too quiet on these fronts which is making me wonder if their are deals waiting for the end of seasons elsewhere or something else holding them back. 

Didn't Cathy in her latest report say something about some transfers being contingent on the conclusion of leagues elsewhere?