Transfer July open

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Didn't Cathy in her latest report say something about some transfers being contingent on the conclusion of leagues elsewhere? 

After last seasons Cathy deadline tweets I’m taking nothing from what she says about transfers. Nothing like getting the fans hopes up just to break them

24 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Are we likely to keep Brophy this summer? Does his deal not expire next June? If so, extension required or cash in now. We don’t need another SOD scenario rumbling on all season. 

Same goes goes for Findlay as well. Sign a new contract or try and cash in now. After Jones and O’Donnell, we can’t be affording to let saleable assets leave for free each summer. If they intimate they aren’t going to extend their contracts then we have to try and cash in on them  

The Scottish transfer window will run from July 14 until midnight on October 5 after approval from FIFA.

The Scottish FA submitted the requested dates to the game's governing body after the Joint Response Group considered the most appropriate timeframe for clubs to conduct their transfer business amid the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

The group's suggestion was made after FIFA confirmed that the summer transfer window cannot exceed 12 weeks, while also trying to align as far as possible with other leagues and associations.

5 minutes ago, andy123 said:

A serious question I know we still don't have a keeper but do we have 11 players to put out against hibs? 

Lyle, McGowan, Waters, Findlay, Broadfoot, Burke, McKenzie, Power, Dicker, Brophy, Kabamba.

You've got Kiltie, Pinnock and a handful of others to make up the subs.

I'm sure we'll have a goalie.

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Lyle, McGowan, Waters, Findlay, Broadfoot, Burke, McKenzie, Power, Dicker, Brophy, Kabamba.

Not sure i fancy anything from hibs away with that team. Really needing a couple of players in who are better then our current players. We have a really hard start to the season, playing most the top teams in first 7 or so games 

34 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That’s not too far off a decent team. More solid than spectacular. Definitely needs a keeper. I think most of us would prefer a different CB partner for Findlay and perhaps a change at LB. 

Lacks a bit of depth and balance on the bench. More so in defensive areas now though. 

10 minutes ago, piffer said:

That’s not too far off a decent team. More solid than spectacular. Definitely needs a keeper. I think most of us would prefer a different CB partner for Findlay and perhaps a change at LB. 

Lacks a bit of depth and balance on the bench. More so in defensive areas now though. 

Haunstrap close Kilmarnock after turn down Pompey deal 

2 hours ago, BigYin said:

Same goes goes for Findlay as well. Sign a new contract or try and cash in now. After Jones and O’Donnell, we can’t be affording to let saleable assets leave for free each summer. If they intimate they aren’t going to extend their contracts then we have to try and cash in on them  

I would be amazed if either Brophy or Findlay signed another contract with us. Its just the way it goes now.

Players like Findlay, Jones and O'Donnell cost us nothing in the first place so we've lost nothing.

6 minutes ago, historyman said:

Players like Findlay, Jones and O'Donnell cost us nothing in the first place so we've lost nothing.

So if, by our own acumen and industry, we acquire a player for free and convert them into an international with a transfer market value of hundreds of thousands of Pounds, it's okay if they leave for free? 

A club can't force a player to move for a transfer fee but, by negotiating contract extensions cleverly and maintaining an amicable relationship with the player, it should be possible to turn a profit occasionally. 

36 minutes ago, historyman said:

I would be amazed if either Brophy or Findlay signed another contract with us. Its just the way it goes now.

You really should change your user name to negativeman. 

33 minutes ago, superfan said:

You really should change your user name to negativeman. 

What's negative about that? I simply pointed out that since those players cost us nothing we have lost nothing when they subsequently leave.
We get the benefit of the rules by picking up players for free so we've got to be prepared to lose them in the same way and stop moaning about it when players like Jones and O'Donnell run down their contract.

On the other point, its not being negative to expect Finlay and Brophy not to sign new contracts, its simply being realistic. Given some of the clubs they have been linked with it is pretty much inevitable that they will move on at the end of the season.  

English Premier League clubs are expected to vote in favour of proposals to open their Summer Transfer Window on July 27 and close on October 5.

All 20 Premier League clubs had until 5pm last night to cast their vote on a plan to open the window the day after the season ends - and close ten weeks later.

Importantly, clubs are also expected to agree to a two-week extension to the 10-week window, when Premier League and EFL clubs can continue to buy, sell or loan players from each other.

Edited by Craigieboy