Transfer July open

Craigieboy

4 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Would take Tshibola, there was always a player in there. Being on loan and being a signed player can be a big difference. When he wanted to, he was strong, good passer and got stuck in. Only thing if we signed him is what happens to midfield? 

Dyer seems to like 2 up top which means a midfield 2. Then we would have power, dicker, tshibola and el makrini before considering Taylor. 5 very similar players. If we went back to 4-3-3 though he would be a good third player in the middle. 

I think he is pish in a 3 or a 4. Good in a two.

5 minutes ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

People on this page crying for Stewart to come back after moving to aberdeen mid season but yet don't want tshibola back?  

Would take Tish, Stewart and even Jones if we had the chance. 

Edited by Guff92

With the lack of depth in our squad i think we need to look at players who would improve us so i dont see what benefit there is in us being stubborn and telling tshibola to bolt for not signing in January. He was presumably given a better deal in Portugal. I do think its last chance for him so i hope he signs, digs in and gives the performances he is capable of.

5 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

With the lack of depth in our squad i think we need to look at players who would improve us so i dont see what benefit there is in us being stubborn and telling tshibola to bolt for not signing in January. He was presumably given a better deal in Portugal. I do think its last chance for him so i hope he signs, digs in and gives the performances he is capable of.

We have an ageing midfield and tish is 26.

Like you say, last chance to prove himself. It’s a win-win.

7 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

If it’s true regarding Tish, then all sense indicates we must be looking at a serious squad revamp. Why would we waste our apparent limited budget on a 5th cm when we are clearly short in other positions?

4th centre mid. We cant keep counting Taylor. I'm personally not comfortable that if Dicker and Power were both out that Taylor is good/experienced enough to come in and do a job straight away.

14 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

So, all of the Greg Taylor money has gone, has it?

Apparently so, and the Steve Clarke money and the 3rd place finish money.

And I don't know what has happened to the hundreds of thousands that we took during the first couple of hours of the shop website going live.

Edited by historyman

Personally I always liked Tish. Thought he was a good player, more often than not he played well for us and was just one of these guys who seems to be a magnet for ott criticism. The "Pfft call yersel a £5M player?" every time he had an average game was frankly embarrassing from some of our supporters.

The last time we operated with 3 centre halves (Findlay, Broadfoot, S Boyd) we had Dicker as 4th choice. Maybe if we're going for Tish it's an indication that Dicker is going to be 3rd/4th choice central defender. Not heard any more about Haunstrup or if he can cover centre half.